What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
May 21, 2014, 12:51 PM
- ViaSat (VSAT -6.5%) commercial network revenue grew 15% Y/Y in FQ4 to $96.1M, a marked slowdown from FQ3's 34% growth. Moreover, rising investments led the division's adjusted EBITDA to fall to just $1.9M.
- At the same time, satellite services revenue (consumer-driven) rose 35% Y/Y to $105.9M vs. 37% in FQ3. The division had adjusted EBITDA of $25.5M (up over 2x Y/Y), and consumer broadband subs rose by 21K Q/Q to 641K.
- Government revenue fell 3% to $142M (nearly even with FQ3's decline) thanks to the completion of ViaSat's Blue Force Tracking bandwidth contract. Adjusted EBITDA was a healthy $30.2M.
- ViaSat also disclosed it spent nearly $25M in FY14 on legal expenses. Last month, the company won a $283M jury verdict for its IP/breach of contract suit against Loral (LORL -0.7%).
- Wells Fargo's pre-earnings upgrade wasn't well-timed.
- FQ4 results, PR
Other News & PR