LifePoint Hospitals, Inc.NASDAQ
Lifepoint Health Is Growing Responsibly
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Tue, Nov. 22, 4:59 PM
- "Tenet Healthcare (THC -5.1%) presents a problem because of its high leverage," says Mizuho's Sheryl Skolnick in this morning's downgrade of the stock to Underperform. Even at her price target of $13, she says, the shares still wouldn't be terribly cheap.
- At $17 (the price before today's open), Tenet trades at a premium to HCA Holdings (HCA -3.9%) - not fair, she says, as HCA has free cash flow, and Tenet doesn't.
- Others: Community Health Systems (CYH -1.4%), LifePoint Health (LPNT -2.5%), Quorum Health (QHC -4.1%)
Wed, Nov. 9, 8:29 AM
- Hospital groups look a bit sickly premarket as investors appear to perceive a less-than-robust future under a Trump presidency.
- Sampling: (NYSE:HUM) -2%; (NYSE:HCA) -16%; (NYSE:THC) -26%; (NYSE:CYH) -18%; (NYSE:UHS) -10%; (NYSE:SEM) -7%; (NASDAQ:LPNT) -12%
- Healthcare services are weak as well: (NYSE:UNH) -3%; (NYSE:MOH) -8%; (NASDAQ:AMSG) -11%; (NASDAQ:AMED) -3%; (NYSE:EVHC) -5%
Mon, Nov. 7, 11:30 AM
- Investors are moving back into hospital groups in early trading on what appears to be a collective sigh of relief that the FBI investigation into candidate Clinton's email management while Secretary of State has been shut down. The investigative agency reiterated its statement that she is not guilty of any crime. In other words, she is "on go" to be elected President.
- Representative tickers: (HUM +3.8%)(THC +13.5%)(HCA +5%)(CYH +9.1%)(UHS +4.3%)(SEM +7.4%)(LPNT +4.8%)
Fri, Nov. 4, 3:38 PM
- The major averages are flat, but the XLV is higher by 1%, and the IBB by 2.15% as pharmaceutical names rebound from yesterday's plunge.
- Sending the stocks down was word of charges about to come from the government following a two-year antitrust probe, but public outrage goes with the territory, says Zacks' Tracey Ryniec, noting the prices - with some at just four or five times earnings - are getting seriously cheap.
- Among those moving today: Endo International (ENDP +1.8%), Perrigo (PRGO +3%), Mylan (MYL +2.6%), Allergan (AGN +3.4%), Cara (CARA +23.8%), PTC (PTCT +20%), Novavax (NVAX +18.9%), Flex (FLKS +14.5%), Cerus (CERS +14.9%), LifePoint (LPNT +2.9%), and Halyard Health (HYH +3.2%).
Fri, Oct. 28, 11:01 AM
Fri, Oct. 28, 10:13 AM
Fri, Oct. 28, 7:04 AM
Thu, Oct. 27, 5:30 PM
Tue, Sep. 6, 10:33 AM
Fri, Jul. 29, 6:34 AM
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:30 PM
Thu, May 12, 4:20 PM
- Hospital stocks took it on the chin today as bearish investors anticipate the potential softening of revenues after a federal judge ruled that the Obama administration is unconstitutionally spending money to reimburse health insurers for the extra cost of providing coverage to low-income Americans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) without obtaining an appropriation from Congress.
- House Republicans sued Obama accusing the President of violating the law by delaying the enforcement of several provisions of the ACA. Lawyers later focused on the reimbursements, which could be as high as $175B over a decade according to Republicans. Predictably, administration attorneys say the suit should be dismissed because the House has no legal right to sue considering the reimbursements were authorized by law.
- Judge Rosemary Collyer, appointed by George W. Bush in 2002, issued an order stopping further reimbursements, but its implementation will be delayed until the appeal process runs its course.
- Related tickers: (CYH -10.8%)(HUM -2.5%)(HCA -3.2%)(HLS -1.5%)(KND -8.1%)(LPNT -3.3%)(THC -9.8%)(SSY -1.5%)
Thu, May 12, 9:22 AM
- LifePoint Health (NASDAQ:LPNT) will proceed with a private offering of $400M aggregate principal amount of Senior Notes due 2024. Price and terms have yet to be announced. Net proceeds, along with cash on hand, will fund the redemption of its $400M 6.625% Senior Notes due 2020.
- When the company prices the offering, it will issue a conditional notice of redemption to redeem all of the outstanding 6.625% Senior Notes on June 13.
Fri, Apr. 29, 10:32 AM
- LifePoint Hospitals (LPNT -6.8%) Q1 results: Revenues: $1,580.7M (+25.1%); Salaries and benefits: $765.7M (+25.3%); Supplies: $262.4M (+33.3%); Other operating expenses: $397.3M (+35.3%); Net Income: $21.6M (-44.5%); EPS: $0.48 (-42.9%); Non-GAAP EPS: $0.87 (-13.0%); Quick Assets: $187M (-34.2%); CF Ops: $88.7M (-50.6%).
- No guidance given.
Fri, Apr. 29, 7:01 AM
- LifePoint Hospitals (NASDAQ:LPNT): Q1 EPS of $0.87 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.58B (+25.4% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Thu, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM| Thu, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM | 3 Comments