Stiff Competition Offsets LivePerson's Tempting Valuation
LivePerson: The Bearish Side Of The Argument
LivePerson: From Chat To Data Analytics, Transition Exit Upcoming
LivePerson: The Bearish Side Of The Argument
Why Outsourcing Customer Service Is A Bad Idea
Wed, May 4, 5:02 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Tue, Feb. 16, 10:28 AM
- LivePerson (LPSN +8.5%) has added $14M to its buyback program, raising the program's available funds to $20M. That's good for repurchasing over 7% of shares at current levels.
- The announcement comes five days after LivePerson plunged due to the weak Q1/2016 guidance issued with the company's mixed Q4 results.
Thu, Feb. 11, 12:49 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 10:30 AM
- Though LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) beat Q4 EPS estimates and posted nearly in-line revenue, the company is guiding for 2016 revenue of $230M-$250M and EPS of $0.05-$0.10, below a consensus of $259.7M and $0.24.
- Likewise, Q1 guidance is for revenue of $55M-$56M and EPS of -$0.02 to $0.00, below a consensus of $62M and $0.05.
- The cloud customer support/online engagement software firm suggests 2016 sales will be pressured by its efforts to migrate its enterprise base to the LiveEngage business-to-consumer messaging platform will weigh on 2016 sales.
- Lifting Q4 EPS: GAAP costs/expenses rose by only $1.1M Y/Y to $61.7M. LivePerson ended 2015 with $54.2M in cash and no debt. $4.2M was spent on buybacks during 2015.
- LivePerson's Q4 results, earnings release
Wed, Feb. 10, 4:31 PM
Tue, Feb. 9, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AEM, AFFX, ANDE, APDN, BGC, BRKR, CDE, CGNX, CLW, CNO, CSCO, CSOD, CTL, CUZ, CXW, CYS, EFX, ENSG, EXPE, FLO, FMC, FNF, FORR, GHDX, GPRE, HDP, HNI, HUBS, IFF, IO, IRBT, JCOM, KGC, LGND, LOCK, LPSN, MOSY, MYL, NSIT, O, OHI, OII, ORLY, PPC, PRI, PRU, PXD, QUIK, REG, RYN, SB, SCI, SKX, TCO, TSLA, TTGT, TWTR, VNDA, WFM, ZNGA
Nov. 4, 2015, 4:38 PM
- LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN): Q3 EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $60.76M (+15.1% Y/Y) misses by $0.28M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Nov. 3, 2015, 11:31 AM
- Constant Contact (NASDAQ:CTCT) is off 0.9%, but from the new price level it established yesterday up 22% after a $1.1B buyout bid from Endurance International Group (EIGI +3.2%). CTCT is at $31.53, down from $31.83, against EIGI's $32/share deal.
- Roth Capital's Richard Baldry sees "little likelihood of a competing bid," and accordingly has downgraded CTCT to Neutral, and reduced his target price to the deal price of $32/share from a previous $38.
- The offer is a "fair control premium, even though it is a valuation well discounted to CTCT’s broader SaaS peer group average of 4.6x," Baldry says.
- "We expect deal to close as-announced ... We believe CTCT’s focus on the SMB space make it unsuitable as an acquisition target for most larger SaaS players, as they tend to focus on the Enterprise space, in our opinion."
- He does think the deal could make other value-oriented names in the space more attractive, holding buy ratings on LivePerson (LPSN +2.3%), Interactive Intelligence (ININ -3.8%) and Tangoe (TNGO +2.3%).
Jul. 30, 2015, 12:47 PM
Jul. 30, 2015, 11:16 AM
- Having crashed in May on account of a Q1 sales miss and soft guidance, LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) is now doing the opposite after beating Q2 estimates and providing solid guidance, particularly for EPS.
- Q3 guidance is for revenue of $60.5M-$61.5M and EPS of $0.03-$0.05 vs. a consensus of $61M and $0.03. 2015 guidance is for revenue of $243M-$247M and EPS of $0.12-$0.15 vs. a consensus of $244.9M and $0.12. Forex is expected to have a $6M+ impact on full-year revenue.
- 129 deals were signed in Q2, of which 36 involved new customers; that compares with 147 and 30 in Q1. Average revenue per enterprise/mid-market customer rose 5% Q/Q to 183K. GAAP costs/expenses rose 27% Y/Y to $67M.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 29, 2015, 4:47 PM
- LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN): Q2 EPS of $0.02 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $59.33M (+16.1% Y/Y) beats by $0.4M.
- Shares +6.33%.
May 26, 2015, 9:46 AM
- Israel's Calcalist reports Nice Systems (NICE -3.5%) is in talks to buy cloud customer support software provider LivePerson (LPSN +14.8%). The site cautions a deal could take several months to finalize.
- Nice, whose product line includes software for analyzing customer interactions with contact centers, is 5 days removed from announcing the sale of its law enforcement/intelligence agency software unit for $157.9M. LivePerson, meanwhile, is 2 weeks removed from nosediving on account of a Q1 sales miss and weak guidance.
- For reference, Nice's market cap is currently $3.64B, and LivePerson's $585M.
May 26, 2015, 9:14 AM
May 12, 2015, 12:49 PM
LivePerson, Inc. engages in the provision of mobile and online messaging technologies. It operates through the Business and Consumer segments. The Business segment facilitates online interactions such as chat, voice, and content delivery across multiple channels and screens for global... More
Industry: Business Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR