Stiff Competition Offsets LivePerson's Tempting Valuation
Thu, Jul. 28, 3:03 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 12:59 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:49 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Thu, Jul. 7, 3:00 PM
Thu, Jul. 7, 12:35 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:02 PM
- LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN): Q1 EPS of $0.00 in-line.
- Revenue of $55.46M (-7.2% Y/Y) in-line.
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Tue, Feb. 16, 10:28 AM
- LivePerson (LPSN +8.5%) has added $14M to its buyback program, raising the program's available funds to $20M. That's good for repurchasing over 7% of shares at current levels.
- The announcement comes five days after LivePerson plunged due to the weak Q1/2016 guidance issued with the company's mixed Q4 results.
Thu, Feb. 11, 12:49 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 10:30 AM
- Though LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) beat Q4 EPS estimates and posted nearly in-line revenue, the company is guiding for 2016 revenue of $230M-$250M and EPS of $0.05-$0.10, below a consensus of $259.7M and $0.24.
- Likewise, Q1 guidance is for revenue of $55M-$56M and EPS of -$0.02 to $0.00, below a consensus of $62M and $0.05.
- The cloud customer support/online engagement software firm suggests 2016 sales will be pressured by its efforts to migrate its enterprise base to the LiveEngage business-to-consumer messaging platform will weigh on 2016 sales.
- Lifting Q4 EPS: GAAP costs/expenses rose by only $1.1M Y/Y to $61.7M. LivePerson ended 2015 with $54.2M in cash and no debt. $4.2M was spent on buybacks during 2015.
- LivePerson's Q4 results, earnings release
Wed, Feb. 10, 4:31 PM
- LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN): Q4 EPS of $0.07 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $59.15M (+1.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.33M.
Tue, Feb. 9, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AEM, AFFX, ANDE, APDN, BGC, BRKR, CDE, CGNX, CLW, CNO, CSCO, CSOD, CTL, CUZ, CXW, CYS, EFX, ENSG, EXPE, FLO, FMC, FNF, FORR, GHDX, GPRE, HDP, HNI, HUBS, IFF, IO, IRBT, JCOM, KGC, LGND, LOCK, LPSN, MOSY, MYL, NSIT, O, OHI, OII, ORLY, PPC, PRI, PRU, PXD, QUIK, REG, RYN, SB, SCI, SKX, TCO, TSLA, TTGT, TWTR, VNDA, WFM, ZNGA
Nov. 4, 2015, 4:38 PM
- LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN): Q3 EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $60.76M (+15.1% Y/Y) misses by $0.28M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Nov. 3, 2015, 11:31 AM
- Constant Contact (NASDAQ:CTCT) is off 0.9%, but from the new price level it established yesterday up 22% after a $1.1B buyout bid from Endurance International Group (EIGI +3.2%). CTCT is at $31.53, down from $31.83, against EIGI's $32/share deal.
- Roth Capital's Richard Baldry sees "little likelihood of a competing bid," and accordingly has downgraded CTCT to Neutral, and reduced his target price to the deal price of $32/share from a previous $38.
- The offer is a "fair control premium, even though it is a valuation well discounted to CTCT’s broader SaaS peer group average of 4.6x," Baldry says.
- "We expect deal to close as-announced ... We believe CTCT’s focus on the SMB space make it unsuitable as an acquisition target for most larger SaaS players, as they tend to focus on the Enterprise space, in our opinion."
- He does think the deal could make other value-oriented names in the space more attractive, holding buy ratings on LivePerson (LPSN +2.3%), Interactive Intelligence (ININ -3.8%) and Tangoe (TNGO +2.3%).