What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Today, 6:57 AM
Yesterday, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Nov. 4, 2015, 10:13 AM
- RBC Capital upgrades Louisiana-Pacific (LPX +2.7%) to Top Pick from Outperform, raising its price target on the stock to $22 from $20.
- "LP commented that the OSB price gains were likely driven by poor weather (constraining supply) and the inventory drawdown in H115," said RBC analyst Paul Quinn. "With the help of a mild fall, LP believes the rally could continue into 2016. CEO Stevens highlighted that he expects higher activity levels in all segments based on conversations with customers."
- LPX shares have risen 22% over the past 52 weeks.
- Previously: More on Louisiana-Pacific's Q3 (Nov. 03 2015)
Nov. 3, 2015, 8:49 AM
- Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $16M, or -$0.12 per diluted share.
- Revenue by segment: Oriented Strand Board -14%; Siding -3%; Engineered Wood Products -4%; South America -26%.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $448M as of September 30, 2015.
- "With homebuilder confidence at a 10-year high and OSB prices continuing to increase, I'm optimistic that LPs results will continue to improve over the next several quarters," CEO Curt Stevens said.
- Q3 results
Nov. 3, 2015, 6:58 AM
- Louisiana-Pacific (NYSE:LPX): Q3 EPS of -$0.12 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $465M (-10.2% Y/Y) misses by $42.49M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ADM, AFSI, ALE, AMAG, AMSC, ANAC, ANIP, ARIA, AUDC, AXLL, AYR, BLMN, CBM, CDK, CEQP, CIE, CIT, DISCA, DNOW, EMR, EXPD, FI, FIS, FLWS, FSS, FTR, GCAP, GEL, GLDD, GLT, GTN, H, HCP, HRS, HTH, HW, HYH, IART, INCY, K, KMT, LPX, MBLY, MDCO, MHFI, MLM, MMP, MOS, NCLH, NGLS, NI, NMM, NNN, NRZ, NS, [[NTi]], NWN, NXST, NXTM, ODP, OZM, PERI, RDC, RHP, RRGB, SALE, SGNT, SMG, SRE, SSH, SUP, TASR, TGH, TRP, TWI, TZOO, UAM, UNT, VMC, VSH, WLK, WNR, WPC, WPG, ZTS
Aug. 4, 2015, 8:04 AM
- Louisiana-Pacific (NYSE:LPX): Q2 EPS of -$0.08 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $493M (-4.9% Y/Y) misses by $16.13M.
Aug. 3, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ADM, AET, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, ALR, AME, ANIP, ARCC, BLMN, BPI, BZH, CAS, CBT, CHD, CHTR, CIE, COH, CRCM, CRTO, CVS, DWRE, EIGI, ELOS, EMR, ETR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FRM, FUN, GEO, GLDD, GLT, H, HAR, HCN, HCP, HEP, HNT, HW, HYH, IIVI, INCY, K, KLIC, LPX, LRN, LXP, MDC, MGM, MLM, MNK, MNTA, MOS, MPW, NAO, NCLH, NGLS, NRG, [[NTi]], NWN, NYLD, ODP, OZM, PH, REGN, RHP, RRD, SABR, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNI, SRE, STE, STWD, TDG, TGH, TICC, TIME, UNT, USAK, VMC, VSH, VTG, WLK, WNR, WPC, WRES, ZTS
May 5, 2015, 9:15 AM
- Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $18.9M, or -$0.13 per diluted share vs. a loss of $7M in the same quarter a year ago.
- OSB prices languished in the quarter on relatively flat volumes compared to last quarter, although the more diversified Siding business posted record results.
- Revenue by segment: Oriented Strand Board -2%; Siding +21%; Engineered Wood Products +4%; South America -2%.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $468M as of March 31, 2015.
- Q1 results
May 5, 2015, 8:10 AM
- Louisiana-Pacific (NYSE:LPX): Q1 EPS of -$0.13 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $472M (+6.1% Y/Y) beats by $13.81M.
May 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACTA, AFSI, ALLT, AMAG, ANIP, BBEP, BBW, BLMN, BPI, CIE, CLDT, CRTO, CVLT, CYNO, DIS, DISCA, DTV, EIGI, EL, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, GCAP, GLDD, GLT, GTN, GVA, H, HCA, HCP, HEP, HRC, HRS, HW, ICE, ISIS, K, KEM, KLIC, KMT, LPX, MDC, MDCO, MMP, MNK, MSO, NBL, NGLS, NNN, [[NTi]], NWN, ODP, OZM, PRIM, SABR, SALE, SBH, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SRE, SSE, STWD, TDG, TECH, TGH, TRW, TW, UAM, USAK, VLP, VMC, VSH, WEC, WNR, YORW, ZTS
Apr. 21, 2015, 3:54 PM
- The REITs are down about 8% from their January highs while the homebuilders have posted gains, bringing the ratio of homebuilders to REITs to long-term resistance, says MKM Partners' Jonathan Krinsky, who suggests fading the move.
- Most vulnerable to tactical pullbacks are those homebuilders/suppliers showing the weakest relative strength: Beazer Homes (NYSE:BZH), Lennar (NYSE:LEN), Louisiana-Pacific (NYSE:LPX), Taylor Morrisn (NYSE:TMHC), Toll Brothers (NYSE:TOL), and TRI Pointe Homes (NYSE:TPH).
- The best long REIT ideas are those showing the best relative strength: AvalonBay (NYSE:AVB), Crown Castle (NYSE:CCI), Essex Property (NYSE:ESS), Extra Space Storage (NYSE:EXR), Federal Realty (NYSE:FRT), General Growth (NYSE:GGP), SL Green (NYSE:SLG), and UDR.
- Those REITs showing poor relative strength or to be avoided or sold: American Tower (NYSE:AMT), American Realty Capital (NASDAQ:ARCP), Brixmor (NYSE:BRX), Host Hotels (NYSE:HST), and Omega Healthcare (NYSE:OHI).
- Source: Barron's
Apr. 13, 2015, 7:36 AM
- RBC Capital upgrades Louisiana-Pacific (NYSE:LPX) from Underperform to Sector Perform citing a positive OSB price outlook.
- The firm currently has a $15 price target on the stock.
- LPX +0.8% premarket
Feb. 11, 2015, 8:27 AM
- Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $32M, or $0.23 per diluted share vs. $60M, or $0.42 per diluted share, in the same quarter a year ago.
- Financial results continued to be negatively affected as OSB prices drifted downward, log outages affected siding production and EWP sales slowed.
- Revenue by segment: Oriented Strand Board -12%; Siding +2%; Engineered Wood Products -3%; South America -12%.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $533M as of December 31, 2014.
- "While housing starts were only up about 9% in 2014, the consensus forecast for 2015 and 2016 currently shows about a 20% increase in each of the next two years," said CEO Curt Stevens.
- LPX -5.5% premarket
- Q4 results
Feb. 11, 2015, 8:01 AM
- Louisiana-Pacific (NYSE:LPX): Q4 EPS of -$0.23 misses by $0.09.
- Revenue of $453.5M (-5.5% Y/Y) misses by $31.64M.
- Shares -0.8% PM.
Feb. 10, 2015, 5:30 PM
Louisiana-Pacific Corp along with its subsidiaries is engaged in the manufacturing of building products. The Company's business segments are North America Oriented Strand Board, Siding, Engineered Wood Products and South America.
Other News & PR