What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Mon, Feb. 1, 6:04 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT) has struck a development agreement with guitar maker C.F. Martin & Co. (better known as Martin Guitar) to "design a guitar component to be made of Liquidmetal amorphous alloys and manufactured utilizing the Liquidmetal injection molding machine"
- Liquidmetal: "Under the terms of their agreement, Martin Guitar will provide its expertise in design and innovation for producing acoustic instruments that have been acknowledged to be amongst the finest in the world. In collaboration with the Liquidmetal engineering team, the companies aim to identify, design and manufacture guitar components which benefit from the unique material properties and manufacturing methods of Liquidmetal amorphous alloys."
- The agreement follows a deal to produce a medical device component for startup CoNextions, and to manufacture a hybrid knife for tactical knife maker Miltner Adams.
Tue, Jan. 19, 12:09 PM
- Medical device startup CoNextions has placed "an annual purchase order to produce a critical medical device component" with Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT +4.6%). No word on the deal's dollar value.
- Liquidmetal says it was "asked to complete production tooling and initial parts against a challenging schedule." The company first announced receiving a production order from CoNextions, which claims to have developed a "breakthrough" soft tissue repair device, in October.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:40 PM
- Liquidmetal Technologies (OTCPK:LQMT): Q3 EPS of $0.00
- Revenue of $0.04M (-60.0% Y/Y)
Oct. 19, 2015, 6:14 PM
- CoNextions Medical, a startup claiming to have developed a "breakthrough soft tissue repair" device, has placed a component production order with Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT). No word on its dollar value.
- Liquidmetal announced two parts orders in September, and began delivery of a hybrid knife for Miltner Adams in the spring. The company's Q2 revenue totaled $39K ($15K from products).
Sep. 17, 2015, 2:37 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT +2.5%) states the prototype parts it delivered for an earlier order have "completed validation and acceptance testing," and have led to a follow-on production order that's in the process of being fulfilled. The company adds it has received another order (its fourth to date) from a medical device firm.
- The dollar values of the orders are undisclosed. Shares are up moderately, but remain close to a 52-week low of $0.10.
- Last month: Liquidmetal announces order for prototype mold/parts
- Two months ago: Liquidmetal reports seeing 101 RFQs in Q2
Aug. 11, 2015, 5:11 PM
- An unnamed new customer has placed an order for a Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT) prototype mold and parts. The order is said to be the third for Liquidmetal's new manufacturing center; its size is undisclosed.
- The announcement comes 5 days after Liquidmetal posted Q2 results - revenue totaled only $39K, and net loss was $2.1M. Last month, the metal alloy developer reported seeing 101 RFQs in Q2, up from 36 in Q1.
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:08 PM
- Liquidmetal Technologies (OTCPK:LQMT): Q2 EPS of $0.00
- Revenue of $0.04M (-73.3% Y/Y)
Jul. 16, 2015, 11:36 AM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT +1.9%) saw 101 request for quotations (RFQs) for its products in Q2, up sharply from 36 in Q1 and 4 in Q2 2014.
- CEO Tom Steipp: "We recognize that leads need to become qualified opportunities that then yield prototype orders and ultimately production orders. This takes time and we certainly dont expect every RFQ to turn into a production part, but the increase that weve seen in the front end of our process over the last several quarters, is truly encouraging."
- The disclosure comes a week after Liquidmetal announced receiving its first European prototype order.
Jul. 8, 2015, 5:04 PM| Jul. 8, 2015, 5:04 PM | 16 Comments
Jun. 24, 2015, 3:40 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT) shares are reacting well to the company's disclosure Apple has extended its exclusive consumer electronics license for Liquidmetal's IP by another year. 13.8M shares have been traded, far above a 3-month daily average of 968K. The market cap is currently at $66.4M.
- Patently Apple, which has covered many of Apple's past Liquidmetal-related patent filings, states Liquidmetal has been used to create custom alloys for the Apple Watch.
Jun. 23, 2015, 5:35 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT) discloses Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) recently extended its exclusive license for the use of IP acquired or developed by Liquidmetal from Aug. 5, 2010 onwards within consumer electronics products. The deal, which previously lasted until Feb. 5, 2015, now lasts until Feb. 5, 2016.
- The full text of the deal amendment will be filed with Liquidmetal's next 10-Q. A similar amendment was announced in May 2014.
- Apple has filed a long list of patents and patent applications related to liquidmetal. Some debate exists about whether Apple is free to use the alloy within the Apple Watch, given a deal between Liquidmetal and Swatch.
Jun. 9, 2015, 6:44 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT) recently began delivery of a hybrid knife produced for client Miltner Adams. The delivery features the first production parts made at the company's new Rancho Santa Margarita, CA facility.
- The knife, declared to be "the first of its kind in the world," is said to combine the benefits of a fixed blade and a folder knife. Liquidmetal announced in January it had received a custom knife production order from Miltner Adams.
May 5, 2015, 4:42 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT): Q1 net loss of $2.48M vs. $3.91M a year ago. Operating loss of $2.33M vs. $2.17M a year ago.
- Revenue of $26K vs. $160K a year ago. Product revenue of $23K, licensing/royalty revenue of $3K.
- SG&A spending roughly flat Y/Y at $1.85M. R&D spend rose to $482K from $334K. The cash balance fell to $8.2M ($2M restricted) from $10M at the end of 2014.
May 5, 2015, 12:11 PM| May 5, 2015, 12:11 PM | 1 Comment
Feb. 24, 2015, 10:34 AM
- Liquidmetal (OTCQB:LQMT +9.8%) is now up 29% since Friday's close. The metal alloy developer is once again seeing big volume - 4M shares have already been traded vs. a 3-month daily average that (thanks to yesterday's volume of 24.5M) has risen to 1.6M.
- Aside from any Samsung speculation, hopes that liquidmetal could be used by Apple's rumored car project are likely helping the company's cause. The NY Post recently reported former Ford VP Steve Zadesky, believed to be heading Apple's effort, was "the sole signatory on a 2010 business contract" with Liquidmetal.
- The paper also notes Apple and Liquidmetal have filed 17 patents together, with 14 coming in the past year (previous).
Feb. 23, 2015, 6:14 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCQB:LQMT) rose 13.9% today to $0.164. Volume (24.5M shares) was far above a 3-month daily average of 1.2M.
- The apparent trigger: Speculation that Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S6 (believed to have a metal body, expected to be revealed on March 1) will make use of liquidmetal, following a teaser video that showed liquid metal animations. Animations, of course, are an imperfect predictor of a metal alloy's use within a smartphone.
- Last May, Liquidmetal extended its exclusive license to Apple for the use of its IP within consumer electronics products. However, the extension only lasted until Feb. 5, 2015.
- Update: There's also speculation that liquidmetal could be used in Apple's rumored car.
Liquidmetal Technologies is the leading developer of bulk alloys and composites that utilize the performance advantages offered by amorphous alloy technology. Amorphous alloys are unique materials that are distinguished by their ability to retain a random structure when they solidify, in... More
Other News & PR