Liquidmetal Technologies, Inc.OTCQB
Mon, Nov. 14, 4:32 PM
Tue, Aug. 9, 4:03 PM
Fri, May 20, 2:27 PM
- At the company's annual meeting, Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT +8.8%) shareholders approved increasing the company's authorized shares (not the same as outstanding shares) to 1.1B from 700M. That allows Liquidmetal to raise another $55M in funds from Professor Lugee Li.
- Liquidmetal jumped in March after announcing it's raising $8.4M through an equity sale to Li, the majority shareholder of Hong Kong-based materials manufacturer EONTEC. The deal featured ""a commitment for an additional investment in the amount of $55.0 million subject to an increase in authorized shares to be approved by shareholders," and also a cross-licensing deal with EONTEC.
Tue, May 10, 4:43 PM
- Liquidmetal Technologies (OTCPK:LQMT): Q1 EPS of -$0.02
- Revenue of $0.17M (+546.2% Y/Y).
Mon, Mar. 14, 9:57 AM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT +29%), which had just a $38M market cap as of Friday's close, is raising $8.4M through the sale of equity to Prof. Lugee Li, chairman and majority shareholder of EONTEC, a materials manufacturer based out of Hong Kong and with plants in China.
- The deal features "a commitment for an additional investment in the amount of $55.0 million subject to an increase in authorized shares to be approved by shareholders," as well as a cross-licensing agreement with EONTEC. EONTEC's products include bulk metallic glasses, zirconium-based amorphous alloys, and medical-grade magnesium.
- Liquidmetal: "This financing transaction and cross-licensing agreement provides us with the platform and resources necessary to establish a global market in Liquidmetal® alloy solutions and to fast-track the market development of our core offerings. With this partnership, we will extend our capabilities to significantly larger parts, as well as offering substantially lower price points for some consumer markets."
- EONTEC: "EONTEC’s capabilities complement LQMT’s focus on production of high-performance parts, allowing LQMT to address a broad range of market opportunities from automotive, medical, and industrial customers. This partnership positions LQMT well to support design and production globally at a vastly increased pace."
Mon, Feb. 1, 6:04 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT) has struck a development agreement with guitar maker C.F. Martin & Co. (better known as Martin Guitar) to "design a guitar component to be made of Liquidmetal amorphous alloys and manufactured utilizing the Liquidmetal injection molding machine"
- Liquidmetal: "Under the terms of their agreement, Martin Guitar will provide its expertise in design and innovation for producing acoustic instruments that have been acknowledged to be amongst the finest in the world. In collaboration with the Liquidmetal engineering team, the companies aim to identify, design and manufacture guitar components which benefit from the unique material properties and manufacturing methods of Liquidmetal amorphous alloys."
- The agreement follows a deal to produce a medical device component for startup CoNextions, and to manufacture a hybrid knife for tactical knife maker Miltner Adams.
Tue, Jan. 19, 12:09 PM
- Medical device startup CoNextions has placed "an annual purchase order to produce a critical medical device component" with Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT +4.6%). No word on the deal's dollar value.
- Liquidmetal says it was "asked to complete production tooling and initial parts against a challenging schedule." The company first announced receiving a production order from CoNextions, which claims to have developed a "breakthrough" soft tissue repair device, in October.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:40 PM
- Liquidmetal Technologies (OTCPK:LQMT): Q3 EPS of $0.00
- Revenue of $0.04M (-60.0% Y/Y)
Oct. 19, 2015, 6:14 PM
- CoNextions Medical, a startup claiming to have developed a "breakthrough soft tissue repair" device, has placed a component production order with Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT). No word on its dollar value.
- Liquidmetal announced two parts orders in September, and began delivery of a hybrid knife for Miltner Adams in the spring. The company's Q2 revenue totaled $39K ($15K from products).
Sep. 17, 2015, 2:37 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT +2.5%) states the prototype parts it delivered for an earlier order have "completed validation and acceptance testing," and have led to a follow-on production order that's in the process of being fulfilled. The company adds it has received another order (its fourth to date) from a medical device firm.
- The dollar values of the orders are undisclosed. Shares are up moderately, but remain close to a 52-week low of $0.10.
- Last month: Liquidmetal announces order for prototype mold/parts
- Two months ago: Liquidmetal reports seeing 101 RFQs in Q2
Aug. 11, 2015, 5:11 PM
- An unnamed new customer has placed an order for a Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT) prototype mold and parts. The order is said to be the third for Liquidmetal's new manufacturing center; its size is undisclosed.
- The announcement comes 5 days after Liquidmetal posted Q2 results - revenue totaled only $39K, and net loss was $2.1M. Last month, the metal alloy developer reported seeing 101 RFQs in Q2, up from 36 in Q1.
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:08 PM
- Liquidmetal Technologies (OTCPK:LQMT): Q2 EPS of $0.00
- Revenue of $0.04M (-73.3% Y/Y)
Jul. 16, 2015, 11:36 AM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT +1.9%) saw 101 request for quotations (RFQs) for its products in Q2, up sharply from 36 in Q1 and 4 in Q2 2014.
- CEO Tom Steipp: "We recognize that leads need to become qualified opportunities that then yield prototype orders and ultimately production orders. This takes time and we certainly dont expect every RFQ to turn into a production part, but the increase that weve seen in the front end of our process over the last several quarters, is truly encouraging."
- The disclosure comes a week after Liquidmetal announced receiving its first European prototype order.
Jul. 8, 2015, 5:04 PM| Jul. 8, 2015, 5:04 PM | 16 Comments
Jun. 24, 2015, 3:40 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT) shares are reacting well to the company's disclosure Apple has extended its exclusive consumer electronics license for Liquidmetal's IP by another year. 13.8M shares have been traded, far above a 3-month daily average of 968K. The market cap is currently at $66.4M.
- Patently Apple, which has covered many of Apple's past Liquidmetal-related patent filings, states Liquidmetal has been used to create custom alloys for the Apple Watch.
Jun. 23, 2015, 5:35 PM
- Liquidmetal (OTCPK:LQMT) discloses Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) recently extended its exclusive license for the use of IP acquired or developed by Liquidmetal from Aug. 5, 2010 onwards within consumer electronics products. The deal, which previously lasted until Feb. 5, 2015, now lasts until Feb. 5, 2016.
- The full text of the deal amendment will be filed with Liquidmetal's next 10-Q. A similar amendment was announced in May 2014.
- Apple has filed a long list of patents and patent applications related to liquidmetal. Some debate exists about whether Apple is free to use the alloy within the Apple Watch, given a deal between Liquidmetal and Swatch.