Tue, Aug. 4, 3:14 PM| Tue, Aug. 4, 3:14 PM | Comment!
Tue, May 26, 8:23 AM
- L'Oreal (OTCPK:LRLCF, OTCPK:LRLCY) plans to cut prices in China to offset lower duties it will be charged by the government.
- The company didn't issue specific details on which products will see reduced pricing.
- The growth of "gray market" online sellers in China has pressured consumer-facing sellers such as L'Oreal.
Mon, May 18, 10:49 AM
- L'Oreal (OTCPK:LRLCF, OTCPK:LRLCY) plans to increase skin production over the next five years using new technology from Organovo.
- The initiative will include developing 3D printed skin which can be used for testing of products and treatments.
- Skin samples are produced by breaking down the cells of donated tissue and placing them in an environment similar to a human body.
Wed, Apr. 22, 1:46 PM
- Shareholders at L'Oreal (OTCPK:LRLCF, OTCPK:LRLCY) voted by an overwhelming majority to keep single voting rights.
- There's been a push in France to get companies to approve double voting rights for shareholders owning shares for more than two years.
- L'Oreal's annual shareholder meeting was held today (webcast).
Mon, Apr. 20, 1:19 PM
- L'Oreal (OTCPK:LRLCF, OTCPK:LRLCY) reports sales rose 14% Y/Y to €6.44B ($6.92B) in Q1 vs. $6.35B expected.
- Sales were up 4% if the impact of currency swings and acquisitions were backed out.
- Revenue growth by region (as reported): Western Europe +4%, North America +25.2%, New Markets +17.4%.
- Revenue growth by division (as reported): Professional products +16%, Consumer Products +11.6%, L'Oreal Luxe +20.1%, Active Cosmetic +10.2%.
- L'Oreal sales update
Fri, Mar. 20, 12:54 PM
- The beauty industry saw a 4% drop in shoppers last year, according to data from NPD Group.
- The research firm found that half of all beauty product shoppers focus on items on sale when making their purchasing decisions.
- Makeup and fragrance products are the categories most likely to benefit from extra discretionary income, notes NDP.
- Related stocks: RDEN, REV, IPAR, AVP, EL, SBH, ULTA, OTCPK:LRLCY.
Sep. 8, 2014, 6:47 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 2:04 AM
- L'Oreal (LRLCF) has agreed to acquire 8% of its capital from Nestle (NSRGY) for €6.5B ($9B) in a deal that will reduce the latter's holding in the cosmetics group to 23.29% from 29.4%.
- L'Oreal will pay €3.4B of the total sum in cash and the rest by handing over 50% of its stake in Swiss dermatology pharmaceuticals company Galderma, a 50-50 joint venture between Nestle and the French firm. The latter deal has an enterprise value of €3.1B.
- Nestle intends to use the cash from the deal to repurchase stock and it is creating a new unit called Nestle Skin Health, using Galderma as the basis.
- L'Oreal plans to cancel all the shares that it is buying back. Following the transaction, the Bettencourt Meyers family's holding in the company will rise to 33.31% from 30.6%. (PR)
Feb. 7, 2014, 6:39 PM
- Bloomberg reports Nestle (NSRGY) is "exploring ways" to slash its 29% stake in cosmetics giant L'Oreal (LRLCF), which has a current value of $30B.
- Sources state Nestle has "raised the issue to L’Oreal at the highest levels and both sides have discussed the matter with banks." However, some caution the sale process could take years to fully transpire, given the size of the stake and complex ties with the Bettencourt family (owns 31% of L'Oreal).
- Nestle, which has $6B+ in cash and shor-term investments, reportedly "doesn't have an immediate plan" regarding how to spend the proceeds from a sale.
- Previous: L'Oreal looks to buy out Nestle stake
Aug. 29, 2013, 2:21 PM
- L'Oreal (LRLCF.PK) saw revenue rise 5.4% Y/Y on a comparable basis in 1H to €11.74B as its cosmetics group sales grew 5.7% to €10.99B.
- 1H earnings climbed 5.2% to €1.71B in 1H.
- Operating cash flow jumped 7.8% to €2.12B.
- Ceo Jean-Paul Agon: "We confirm our objectives for 2013 and remain confident in the Group's ability to outperform the market again." (PR)
Aug. 15, 2013, 7:09 PM
- L'Oreal (LRLCF.PK, LRLCY.PK) proposes to buy Magic Holdings, a China-based maker of cosmetic facial masks, for HK$6.5B ($845M).
- L'Oreal says its offer is supported by Magic's board and that "six key shareholders, representing 62.3% of the company's equity, are already committed."
- China is L'Oreal's third-largest market behind the U.S. and France.
Apr. 25, 2013, 1:56 PMThe Avon Lady might be rolling around in her grave with news of the latest development in the world of fast-pace cosmetics selling. Chanel is introducing new vending machines which will dispense high-end cosmetic on demand. For a large part of the luxury cosmetics industry the focus has been on trying convince Chinese consumers to buy fragrances and make-up, but now more firms like Chanel are starting to dip into new channels. Cosmetics sellers: Avon Products (AVP), Estee Lauder (EL), Ulta Salon (ULTA), L'Oreal (LRLCY.PK), Sephora (LVMHF.PK). | Apr. 25, 2013, 1:56 PM | Comment!
Mar. 22, 2013, 7:27 AML'Oreal (LRLCY.PK) launches a variety of new products in China with an aim of chopping into Procter & Gamble's (PG) market share for beauty and personal care products. The French company is taking a customized approach to its brands in the nation as it tries to catch up to P&G which ran off with an early in China - but has grown a bit complacent with innovation. | Mar. 22, 2013, 7:27 AM | Comment!
Sep. 14, 2012, 11:11 AML'Oreal's (LRLCY.PK -0.5%) Lancome USA unit has received an FDA warning about the marketing of some of its anti-wrinkle products, saying the products are making claims suggesting they are drugs. Several skin care and eye rejuvenator products claim to "boost the activity of genes and stimulate the production of youth proteins" or provide "immediate lifting" to the eye area, which violate federal drug laws. | Sep. 14, 2012, 11:11 AM | Comment!
Aug. 7, 2012, 9:33 AMAvon (AVP) has held serious talks about acquiring Obagi Medical Products (OMPI), although it hasn't yet bid high enough, writes SA author Scott Matusow, while L'Oreal (LRLCY.PK) is also showing interest. Matusow reckons that with institutions owning about 90% of the company, and with "the majority of them" wanting Obagi sold," a deal will happen soon. | Aug. 7, 2012, 9:33 AM | Comment!
Jul. 12, 2011, 12:07 PMeBay (EBAY -0.6%) faces a ruling in a case filed by L'Oreal (LRLCY.PK) finding online marketplaces are liable over items sold on their websites. A European court says national courts can order website operators to take measures to stop existing infringements of intellectual property rights by online users. | Jul. 12, 2011, 12:07 PM | Comment!
LRLCY vs. ETF Alternatives
L'Oreal is engaged in the development, manufacture and commercialization of products for beauty, haircare, personal hygiene, health, and skin care. The principal cosmetics activity of Co. encompasses four divisions: Professional Products, Consumer Products, Luxury Products, and Active Cosmetics.... More
Other News & PR