Wed, Apr. 27, 10:11 AM
- K12 (NYSE:LRN) tracks higher after FQ3 results arrived ahead of consensus estimates.
- Revenue per enrollment was down 3.9% to $1,776 for managed public school programs, but improved 6% to $490 for non-managed public school programs.
- The company sees Q4 revenue of $205M to $215M vs. $204M consensus.
- K12 is up 8.6% today and has rallied 50% since SA contributor Jonathan Cukierwar made a bold call in January. For the record, no Wall Street firm was down with a Buy rating during the runup.
May 5, 2015, 2:56 PM| May 5, 2015, 2:56 PM
Apr. 28, 2015, 2:42 PM
- K12 (LRN +8.3%) races higher after running past consensus estimates with its Q3 report.
- Revenue from managed programs rose 3.5% to $213.2M.
- Operating income was flat Y/Y during the quarter.
- Total public school enrollment was also flat at 135,495.
- Full-year guidance: Revenue of $938M-$948M vs. $942.3M consensus.
- Q4 guidance: Revenue of $225M-$235M vs. $235.6M consensus.
- The education sector had a rough day yesterday after the closing of Corinthian campuses created a ripple of worry.
- Previously: Education stocks lower after Corinthian closes up (April 27)
Jan. 29, 2015, 12:47 PM
Oct. 9, 2014, 9:57 AM
- K12 (LRN -4.4%) slides after issuing FY15 guidance below estimates.
- The company expects revenue of $925M-$950M for the year vs. $944M consensus.
- The growth of virtual instruction in the industry is cited as an ongoing enrollment headwind.
Aug. 14, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jun. 27, 2014, 2:20 PM
- Shares of charter school operator K12 (LRN -4.9%) sink after last night's news that the board in charge of the Agora Cyber Charter School in Wayne, Pa., has put out a request for proposals to operate the school during the 2015-16 school year.
- The proposals are due by July 25 and will need to include an application to renew Agora's charter agreement with the state; LRN says it is working with Agora's board of trustees on the proposal process," and that it is "confident that this process will lead to an even stronger application" to state officials.
- The Agora school generated ~13% of LRN's total revenue during its FY 2012.
Oct. 9, 2013, 12:46 PM
Oct. 9, 2013, 9:12 AM
Oct. 9, 2013, 8:05 AM
- The for-profit education sector could see some action today after K12 reported enrollment figures below expectations and received several harsh downgrades due to the low demand the company expects.
- In premarket trading, K12 (LRN) has cratered and is down 23.4%.
- On watch: CECO, APOL, STRA, COCO, ESI, ITT, BPI, LINC, DV.
Oct. 9, 2013, 7:31 AM
Aug. 29, 2013, 12:45 PM
Apr. 22, 2013, 4:37 PM
K12 (LRN) announces that its CFO will leave the company before the end of the year. LRN -2.2% AH.| Apr. 22, 2013, 4:37 PM
Jan. 25, 2013, 5:56 PM
Nov. 19, 2012, 2:33 PM
K12 (LRN -16.5%) responds to concerns raised by Wells Fargo over the Colorado Virtual Academy, saying it's working to address performance issues with a special operations team at the site. So far, the company's defense hasn't budged shares much past the 52-week lows they etched out earlier today.| Nov. 19, 2012, 2:33 PM
Nov. 19, 2012, 12:45 PM