- Russia's Lukoil has been developing what will soon be one of the largest oil fields in the world, West Qurna-2 in Iraq.
- The nation of Iraq is in the midst of sectarian violence between the national government and a Muslim fundamentalist group.
- This violence has caused several oil companies to evacuate the country.
- The violence has been so far focused in the north and central areas of the country but Lukoil's field is in the south.
- Thus, the risk to Lukoil is not particularly high at this point, but could get that way if ISIS expands the fighting to other areas.