What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Tue, Feb. 2, 10:21 AM
- Strength shown by Michael Kors (KORS +16.1%) in digital channels, Japan, and across much of Europe isn't going unnoticed in the apparel sector.
- G-III Apparel (GIII 1.4%), PVH Corp (PVH +3.2%), Vera Bradley (VRA +5%), Fossil (FOSL +1.8%), Lululemon (LULU +2.5%), Kate Spade (KATE +1.1%), and Movado (MOV +0.5%) are all higher on a day broad market averages are wilting.
- Previously: Michael Kors Holdings beats by $0.13, beats on revenue (Feb. 2)
- Previously: Michael Kors soars after earnings shine (Feb. 2)
Mon, Jan. 25, 6:52 PM
Mon, Jan. 25, 8:24 AM
- Jefferies thinks Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) could see a lift to margins due to strong pricing on women's tops and bras.
- A survey by the investment firm indicates the retailer can edge prices closer to high-end fashion peers on the key categories.
- Lululemon is slotted with a Buy rating and $71 price target by Jefferies.
- LULU -0.05% premarket to $58.00.
Thu, Jan. 21, 10:26 AM
- A report from comScore on web traffic yields some interesting results.
- On a year-over-year comparison of desktop and mobile traffic, Under Armour (NYSE:UA), Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU), and Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS) all showed strong traffic growth in December.
- The group appears to have cut into Nike's (NYSE:NKE) online domination slightly, although traffic to Nike.com was still up 17%
- Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM) and Guess (NYSE:GES) showed nice traffic gains in December, while Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI) saw a drop.
- REVISION: Nike's website traffic was corrected to +17% per information from comScore.
Wed, Jan. 20, 7:14 AM
- Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) may be prepping for a new digital push after hiring a top Target executive, according to RetailDive.
- The company is bringing former Target lead digital strategist Alam Wizemann into the role of president of guest experience and digital product management.
- Wizemann oversaw the development of Target's popular Cartwheel app.
Tue, Jan. 12, 9:15 AM
Tue, Jan. 12, 9:06 AM
- Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) is on the radar of analysts after hiking guidance and with the company due to present at the ICR Conference.
- Cowen ups it price target to $66 from $52 on its confidence the company will hit margin guidance.
- BB&T Capital keeps its EPS estimate above the consensus mark. The PT on the retailer goes to $63 from $60.
- Jefferies is also a believer on the "convincing" signs that Lululemon will recover. The firm thinks investor will allow earnings multiple to expand again. A PT of $71 is set.
- Previously: Lululemon hikes FQ4 guidance; shares +6.6% (Jan. 11 2016)
- LULU +9.06% premarket to $59.69.
Mon, Jan. 11, 5:38 PM
Mon, Jan. 11, 4:19 PM
- Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) now expects FQ4 revenue of $690M-$695M (+15% Y/Y) and EPS of $0.78-$0.78. That's up from prior guidance of $$670M-$685M and $0.75-$0.78, and almost entirely above a consensus of $678.3M and $0.78. Comparable sales are expected to be up by a high-single digit % in constant currency, better than prior guidance for mid-single digit growth.
- CEO Laurent Potdevin: "We had a very successful holiday season driven by strong execution in stores and online during the key holiday weeks. Sales for the fourth quarter are exceeding expectations and gross margin rates and expenses remain in line with prior guidance."
- The guidance hike comes ahead of a Tuesday ICR Conference presentation. Lululemon's shares have risen to $58.35 after hours.
Mon, Jan. 4, 8:51 AM
- Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) is upgraded by Jefferies to Buy from Hold. The investment firm thinks Lululemon's fundamentals have strengthened.
- Wells Fargo is also optimistic on the apparel seller, moving to an Outperform stance after having LULU set at Market Perform.
- The Wall Street scorecard on Lululemon now shows 24 Buy ratings, 6 Hold ratings, and 3 bear calls.
- LULU +0.44% premarket to $52.70 amid broad market weakness.
Dec. 31, 2015, 11:48 AM
- Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) is an outlier today amid broad market declines with a solid 2.4% gain.
- Wall Street is still bullish on the retail stock with an average price target of $62.22 implying +20% upside. Lululemon cleared the $80 level back in 2013.
- The company's ability to grow its men's business and tap new global markets are seen as crucial in it achieving its goal of $4B in annual sales.
Dec. 21, 2015, 10:32 AM
- Lululemon (LULU +2.4%) trades higher as shares remain in a gentle upward trend over the last eight sessions.
- Some retail channel checks indicate that traffic is strong at Lululemon stores and promotional activity subdued. Just-style.com notes a new range of products could be resonating with consumers.
- The company doesn't report earnings for the current fiscal quarter until March.
Dec. 17, 2015, 10:10 AM
- Lululemon (LULU +1.9%) is on a path to LULU)+Gross+Margin+Turnaround/11161670.html" target="_blank">improve margin rates, according to a read from Credit Suisse.
- In a pretty deep dive, CS sees cost improvements and a lower mix of air freight usage as helping the bottom line.
- SA contributor Plain Vanilla Research is also optimistic on LULU due to some of the same supply chain improvements. Gross margin rate is seen moving up 100 bps next year.
Dec. 9, 2015, 9:16 AM
Dec. 9, 2015, 6:17 AM
- Lululemon Athletica (NASDAQ:LULU) reports comparable-store sales rose 9% (on a constant dollar basis) in Q3.
- Direct to consumer revenue grew 16% to $89.3M (+21% on a constant dollar basis).
- Gross profit rate declined 340 bps to 46.9%.
- SG&A expenses rate increased 180 bps to 32.1%.
- Operating income rate squeezed 540 bps to 14.2%.
- Inventory increased 55.6% to $357.8M.
- Store count +18 Q/Q to 354.
- Q4 Guidance: Net revenue: $670M to $685M; Total comparable sales: mid-single digits (on a constant dollar basis); Tax rate: 29.5%; Diluted EPS: $0.75 to $0.78; Diluted weighted-average shares outstanding: 139M.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net revenue: $2.025B to $2.040B; Total comparable sales: high single digits (on a constant dollar basis); Tax rate: 27.6%; Diluted EPS: $1.81 to $1.84; Adjusted EPS: $1.78 to $1.81; Diluted weighted-average shares outstanding: 140.9M.
- LULU -4.16% premarket.
Dec. 9, 2015, 5:37 AM
Lululemon Athletica Inc is a designer and retailer of technical athletic apparel operating in North America and Australia. Its yoga-inspired apparel is marketed under the lululemon athletica and ivivva athletica brand names.
Other News & PR