What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jun. 18, 2014, 1:00 PM
- Nike (NKE +0.7%) could be interested in making a bid for Lululemon (LULU +3.3%), according to retail analyst Jennifer Black. V.F. Corp and Adidas were lined up as possible suitors earlier.
- Lululemon's portfolio of products would make a nice add-on to Nike's inventory and allow it to leverage its marketing machine.
- CNN's Paul La Monica is going a different direction. He says a chase by Under Armour (UA -1%) for LULU makes sense.
- Any potential bidder for the yoga apparel seller is likely to have to worry that Uniqlo (FRCOY) could come in with a late over-the-top offer.
Jun. 18, 2014, 8:41 AM
- Shares of Lululemon (LULU) are higher in premarket trading off of a Bloomberg report indicating Adidas (ADDYY) or V.F. Corp (VFC) might be interested in buying the company out.
- A 34% YTD decline in Lulu's share price has brought questions on fair valuation back to the forefront.
- Though the forward P-E ratio on Lululemon hasn't been lower since 2009, missteps by management and new competition has taken some of the bloom off the rose.
- LULU +1.2% premarket
Jun. 13, 2014, 7:36 AM| Jun. 13, 2014, 7:36 AM | 1 Comment
Jun. 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 12, 2014, 11:56 AM
- Execs with Lululemon (LULU -14%) were on the defensive during the firm's FQ1 earnings call today.
- CEO Laurent Potdevin says a boardroom fight with founder Chip Wilson is awkward, but not a distraction.
- On store opening: Lululemon thinks by 2017 it will have 20 stores in Europe and Asia (outside of New Zealand and Australia). Square-footage growth of a mid-teens range is forecast.
- On margins: The company sees its gross margin rate reaching 50% over the next few years and its operating margin rate drifting to the mid-20s range.
- The early read for FQ2 is for improved store traffic, but a lower conversion rate.
- Earnings call webcast
Jun. 12, 2014, 9:15 AM
Jun. 12, 2014, 6:53 AM
- Lululemon (LULU) reports comparable-store sales increased 1% in FQ1 as the direct to consumer channel pulled up a negative comp at stores.
- The company saw its gross profit rate improve 150 bps to 50.9% during the period.
- Inventories decreased 4.7% Y/Y to $177M.
- EPS guidance for FQ2 is $1.71-$1.78 vs. $1.89 consensus.
- LULU -9.1% premarket
Jun. 12, 2014, 6:15 AM
Jun. 12, 2014, 5:48 AM
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Q1 EPS of $0.34 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $384.6M (+11% Y/Y) beats by $3.36M.
Jun. 11, 2014, 5:30 PM| Jun. 11, 2014, 5:30 PM | 1 Comment
Jun. 11, 2014, 12:37 PM
- Lululemon (LULU -2.2%) responds to founder Chip Wilson's appeal to turn over the board at the retailer.
- A statement from the company makes the contention that the current board is aligned with the core values that Lululemon was founded on.
Jun. 11, 2014, 7:38 AM
- Lululemon (LULU) founder Chip Wilson says he voted against the re-election of Michael Casey and RoAnn Costin to the company's board.
- He thinks the current board isn't aligned with the "core values" of product and innovation that the company was founded on.
- Wilson holds 27% of outstanding shares of Lululemon.
Jun. 9, 2014, 11:30 AM
- Analysts weighing in on Lululemon (LULU +1.5%) see a slow transition at the company as operational momentum picks up and new assortments filter in.
- The general consensus from recent reports issued by Sterne Agee, Canaccord Genuity, and JPMorgan is that the worse period for the retailer is over.
- Shares of LULU are down 23.7% YTD to lag peers in the athletic apparel sector by a wide margin.
Jun. 5, 2014, 10:24 AM
May 21, 2014, 8:42 AM
- Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) tipped off during its earnings call yesterday that the women's athletic apparel initiative is delivering comps in the low teens.
- Execs said that the company may devote more floor space to the category due to the strong response.
- The development could give Athleta (GPS), Lululemon (LULU), and Under Armour (UA) something to think about.
- Earnings call transcript
May 13, 2014, 1:43 PM
- A little bit of speculation from ISI Group is going a long way for Lululemon (LULU +2.1%) today.
- Analyst Omar Saad thinks VF Corp (VFC +1.1%) could make a run at the yoga clothing seller to give it an entry into the athletic apparel segment.
- Saad thinks a Lululemon purchase at $50 per share (11% premium) could increase VFC's EPS by about $1.05 in the future.
Lululemon Athletica Inc is a designer and retailer of technical athletic apparel operating in North America and Australia. Its yoga-inspired apparel is marketed under the lululemon athletica and ivivva athletica brand names.
Other News & PR