Thu, Jul. 21, 8:09 AM
- Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) -4.9% premarket after Q2 earnings and revenues missed expectations, and the company warns of a challenging fare environment.
- LUV says Q2 unit revenue, as measured by passenger revenue per available seat mile, fell 3.5% Y/Y after declining for the previous four quarters, reflecting a broad industry decline because of relatively rapid expansions; LUV anticipates unit revenue to fall 3%-4% in the current quarter.
- LUV also expects Q3 and FY 2016 unit costs to increase 2% and 1%, respectively, from year-ago levels, mostly due to additional depreciation expense associated with the accelerated retirement of its classic fleet.
- Q2's average cost of fuel fell to $1.81/gallon from $2.02 in the year-ago quarter, and LUV estimates fuel costs of $2.05/gallon in the current quarter.
- Q2 load factor rose to 85.6% from 84.6% a year ago, traffic jumped 6%, and available seat miles increased 4.8%.
Thu, Jul. 21, 6:32 AM
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM| Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM | 13 Comments
Thu, Apr. 21, 7:34 AM
- Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) beat expectations with a 13% gain in Q1 profit.
- The carrier benefited from a low average fuel cost of $1.78 a gallon and expense benefits from modernizing its fleet.
- Revenue passenger miles were up 9.9% to 28.408B, while capacity increased 9.2% to 35.268B available seat miles.
- Southwest's load factor during the quarter increased 40 bps to 80.5%.
- Passenger revenue per available seat mile fell 3.6% to $0.1247 as a 4.2% drop in average fare to $153.75 factored in.
- Previously: Southwest Airlines beats by $0.04, beats on revenue (April 21)
- LUV +2.98% premarket to $48.45.
Thu, Apr. 21, 6:35 AM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
- ADS, ALK, AZZ, BANC, BBT, BHE, BIIB, BK, BX, CFG, CLS, COL, DAN, DGX, DHI, DHR, DOV, DST, ERIC, FAF, FCS, FITB, GM, GMT, HOMB, IMAX, JAKK, JCI, KCG, KEY, LAD, LAZ, LUV, MAN, MDSO, MDWD, NUE, NVR, NVS, PBCT, PHM, PII, POOL, PPG, PVTB, RS, SHW, SILC, SNA, SON, STC, SWK, SYNT, TCB, TRV, UA, UNP, USG, UTEK, VZ
Thu, Jan. 21, 6:29 AM
- Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV): Q4 EPS of $0.90 in-line.
- Revenue of $4.98B (+7.6% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
- Shares -0.04% PM.
Wed, Jan. 20, 5:30 PM
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:04 AM
- Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) is higher after the company reported Q3 profit improved 78% from a year ago.
- Revenue passenger miles were up 7.6% to 30.559B, while capacity increased at the same rate to 36.36B available seat miles.
- Southwest's load factor was up 10 bps to 85.4%.
- Costs per available seat mile fell 9.1% to $0.1126 with lower fuel expenses a major factor.
- The company ended the quarter with 692 aircraft in operation, compared to 685 a year ago.
- Previously: Southwest Airlines beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (Oct. 22 2015)
- LUV +3.24% premarket to $42.35.
Oct. 22, 2015, 6:36 AM
- Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV): Q3 EPS of $0.94 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $5.32B (+10.8% Y/Y) beats by $210M.
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACAT, ACOR, ADS, AEP, ALK, APOL, ASPS, BCC, BEN, BHE, BMS, CAB, CAM, CAT, CBU, CEMP, COR, CRS, CY, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FNB, GMT, GPK, GRA, HBAN, HUB.B, IVC, JNS, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, NDAQ, NUE, NWE, ORI, PCP, PDS, PENN, PH, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SIRI, SJR, SNA, SQNS, STC, SWK, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WAB, WBC, WCC, XRS
Jul. 23, 2015, 7:31 AM
- Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) says it generated record GAAP operating income of $1.1B in Q2.
- Passenger revenue was up 2.1% to $4.852B, while freight revenue was 4.6% higher at $46M.
- Wages and benefit expenses +14.3% to $1.61B.
- Fuel savings were significant during the quarter with the economic fuel cost dropping 33% to $2.02 per gallon.
- Average passenger fare -3.4% to $157.51.
- Load factor +70 bps to 84.6%.
- Passenger revenue per available seat mile -4.6% to $0.1330.
- Return on invested capital (ex-taxes and special items) jumped to 28.2% from 17.1% a year ago.
- Previously: Southwest Airlines beats by $0.01, misses on revenue
- LUV +3.16% premarket to $36.23.
Jul. 23, 2015, 7:16 AM
- Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV): Q2 EPS of $1.03 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $5.11B (+2.0% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
Jul. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABC, ADS, AEP, ALK, AMAG, AOS, ASPS, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CMCSA, CMS, COR, CS, CSL, CY, DAN, DFRG, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FIS, FNB, GM, GMT, GNTX, GPI, GPK, HBAN, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IQNT, IVC, JNS, KKR, KMB, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MAC, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MNRO, MRGE, NDAQ, NEO, NUE, NWE, ORI, PDS, PENN, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SHPG, SNA, SQNS, STC, STM, SYNT, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, VAC, VRX, WAB, WCC, WIT, WM, WRLD, XRS
Apr. 23, 2015, 8:34 AM
- Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) posted a record revenue tally for Q1 off of a 6.2% increase in passenger revenue and double-digit gain in freight revenue.
- Passenger revenue per available seat mile fell 0.7% to $0.1616.
- Available seat miles (capacity) +6.0% to 32,297B.
- Load factor +80 bps to 80.1%.
- Average fare +0.7% to $158.01.
- Total operating expenses fell 8% to $3.6B even as flights were added.
- Economic fuel cost savings of $450M were struck during the quarter as the average price per gallon fell to 35.1% to $2.00.
- LUV +1.28% premarket to $43.44.
Southwest Airlines Co. provides scheduled air transportation services in the United States and near international markets. The company operates Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airways major passenger airlines that provide scheduled air transportation services. AirTran Airways operates fleet of... More
Industry: Regional Airlines
Country: United States
Other News & PR