Jan. 7, 2014, 12:05 PM
- Q4 net dividend increases of $12.7B compared to $8.4B in 2012 Q4, according to S&P. The number of increases (885), however, pales in comparison to the 1,266 "tax-incentivized" hikes from a year ago (there were 649 in 2011).
- Of roughly 10K traded stocks, 51 companies cut payouts in Q4 compared to 154 in the year-earlier quarter.
- Room for more hikes? S&P's Howard Silverblatt notes payout rates - which historically average 52% - continue to remain near their low of 36%. "At this point, we expect Q1 to be a very busy positive period for dividends, with 2014 setting another record for payments."
- The weighted dividend yield off 2.44% compares to 2.6% in Q3 and 2.8% in Q4 of 2012 as boosted payouts aren't quite keeping pace with the strong advance in equity prices.
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, IDV, VIG, SDY, VYM, SDIV, HDV, SCHD, DWX, KBWD, PID, DES, DTN, PEY, SPHD, DIV, DHS, DLN, LVL, DTD, DGRW, DON, FDL, FVD, PFM, FGD, DOO, NOBL, DOL, SDYL, DVYL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DGRS, DNL, DGRE, DVYA, RDIV, QDF, QDEF, QDYN, EMDG, IQDF, IQDY, IQDE, WDIV, FIEG
Jan. 2, 2014, 3:03 PM
- The First Trust High Income ETF (FTHI) and Low Beta Income ETF (FTLB) will use index options as a complement to its equity holdings.
- The Nasdaq Rising Dividend Achievers ETF (RDVY) tracks an index of 50 companies with a history of raising payouts, and "that exhibit the characteristics to potentially continue doing so in the future."
- Nasdaq indices are used in a number of well-followed dividend ETFs such as PowerShares' High Yield Dividend Achievers Portfolio (PEY) and PowerShares' Dividend Achievers Portfolio (PFM).
- For its part, FirstTrust's other dividend ETFs include the Nasdaq Technology Index Fund (TDIV) and the Value Line Dividend Index Fund (FVD).
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, IDV, VIG, SDY, VYM, SDIV, HDV, SCHD, DWX, KBWD, PID, DES, DTN, PEY, SPHD, DIV, DHS, DLN, LVL, DTD, DGRW, DON, FDL, PFM, FVD, FGD, DOO, NOBL, DOL, SDYL, DVYL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DGRS, DNL, DGRE, DVYA, RDIV, QDF, QDEF, EMDG, QDYN, IQDF, IQDY, IQDE, WDIV, FIEG
Mar. 22, 2013, 9:05 AMGuggenheim S&P Global Dividend Opportunities Index ETF (NYSEARCA:LVL) announces quarterly distribution of $0.102. 12 Month yield of 7.07% (as of 03/15/2013). For shareholders of record Mar. 26. Payable Mar. 28. Ex-div date Mar. 22. | Mar. 22, 2013, 9:05 AM
Jan. 7, 2013, 11:16 AM
Guggenheim/S&P Global Dividend Opportunities Index ETF† (NYSE:LVL), the "Fund", seeks investment results that correspond generally to the performance, before the Fund’s fees and expenses, of an equity index called the S&P Global Dividend Opportunities Index (the “Dividend Opportunities Index” or the “Index”). The Fund will normally invest at least 90% of its total assets in common stocks, MLPs and ADRs that comprise the Index and investments that have economic characteristics that are substantially identical to the economic characteristics of the component securities that comprise the Index. The Investment Adviser seeks a correlation over time of 0.95 or better between the Fund’s performance and the performance of the Index. A figure of 1.00 would represent perfect correlation. The Dividend Opportunities Index consists of 100 common stocks, master limited partnerships (“MLPs”) and American depositary receipts (“ADRs”) that offer high dividend yields chosen from a universe consisting of the stocks listed on the exchanges of those countries included in the S&P/Citigroup Broad Market Index. Potential Index constituents include common stocks, MLPs and ADRs with market capitalizations greater than $1.5 billion at the time of reconstitution, which for ADRs is determined based on an evaluation of the underlying security, and includes securities of mid- and large capitalization companies, as defined by Standard & Poor’s, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., the Fund’s index provider (“S&P” or the “Index Provider”).
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website