SA News • Mon, Dec. 15
There are no Focus articles on LVNTA.
There are no Transcripts on LVNTA.
Mon, Dec. 15, 10:00 AM
- Select broadcast TV stocks are higher after the FCC approves the merger between Media General and LIN Media.
- Shares of the new combined company will trade under the Media General name and symbol after the deal closes later this month.
- Some media analysts think further consolidation within the sector is likely.
- Broadcasters: Media General (NYSE:MEG) +3.7%, LIN Media (NYSE:LIN) +3.0%, Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NASDAQ:NXST) +1.4%, Journal Communications (NYSE:JRN) +1.0%, Liberty Ventures (NASDAQ:LVNTA) +0.6%.
Thu, Aug. 28, 12:46 PM
Wed, Aug. 27, 6:36 PM
- Liberty Interactive (NASDAQ:LINTA) has finished spinning off its 22% TripAdvisor (NASDAQ:TRIP) stake into a new company called TripAdvisor Holdings. Starting tomorrow, TripAdvisor Holdings will trade under the symbols LTRPA and LTRPB.
- Liberty's stake carries with it 57% of TripAdvisor's voting rights. Wunderlich recently argued TripAdvisor might eventually buy back the stake in a cash/stock deal.
Wed, Jul. 23, 5:41 PM
Mon, May. 12, 1:20 PM
- TV broadcast stocks are outperforming for the day after the sector was tapped by M.D. Sass to soar.
- The investment firm notes there is a disconnect between the 10% of carriage fee revenue broadcasters haul in compared to the 35% of total viewing they account for across the industry. A normalization of the revenue mix is in the "early inning," according to Sass.
- A timely initiation by Wells Fargo of Media General at Outperform is also giving a boost.
- Gainers: E.W. Scripps (SSP) +7.6%, Nexstar Broadcasting (NXST) +5.7%, Media General (MEG) +4.8%, Liberty Interactive (LVNTA) +1.9%, Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI) +1.9%, Gray Television (GTN) +1.7%.
LVNTA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR