Mon, Aug. 22, 6:24 PM
- CommerceHub (CHUBA +2.5%) posted slightly higher revenues, but lower profits, in its first earnings report since spinning out of Liberty Interactive (QVCA, LVNTA).
- Revenues rose 16% with a higher headline gross margin (77% vs. a year-ago 73%), but adjusted EPS fell to $0.06/share and EBITDA fell to $6.3M from a year-ago $8.3M.
- Total customers at quarter's end was 9,726, vs. a year-ago 9,191.
- Cash and equivalents came to $6.95M. compared with $19.3M at the end of 2015.
- Press Release
Fri, Jul. 8, 4:58 PM
- Liberty Interactive (QVCA +2.3%, LVNTA +2.5%) has announced a new proposed distribution date for its spin-off of CommerceHub.
- That's due to a registration statement still under review at the SEC. So the company is delaying the planned distribution from next Wednesday to July 22 at 5 p.m. ET.
- The record date remains 5 p.m. ET today.
- As planned, holders of Liberty's series A and series B Liberty Ventures common stock (LVNTA, LVNTB) will receive 0.1 shares of the corresponding series of CH Parent common stock, as well as 0.2 shares of CH Parent Series C stock.
- The company expects CH Parent Series A stock to trade on Nasdaq as CHUBA; Series C shares to trade on Nasdaq as CHUBK; and Series B shares to trade on the OTC markets under CHUBB; now starting July 25.
Tue, Jun. 28, 6:52 PM
- Liberty Interactive (QVCA +2%, LVNTA +2.5%) has set dates around its spin-off of CommerceHub.
- The record date for distributing shares is July 8 at 5 p.m. ET. It plans a distribution (via dividend) for 5 p.m. on July 13 of shares of CH parent common stock to execute the spin-off.
- Holders of Liberty's series A and series B Liberty Ventures common stock (LVNTA, LVNTB) will receive 0.1 shares of the corresponding series of CH Parent common stock, as well as 0.2 shares of CH Parent Series C stock.
- The company expects CH Parent Series A stock to trade on Nasdaq as CHUBA; Series C shares to trade on Nasdaq as CHUBK; and Series B shares to trade on the OTC markets under CHUBB; all starting July 14.
Aug. 17, 2015, 8:06 AM
- Liberty Interactive (NASDAQ:LVNTA), (NASDAQ:QVCA) agrees to buy zulily (NASDAQ:ZU) for $18.75 per share - $9.375 in cash and 0.3098 newly issued shares of QVCA. The deal is expected to close in Q4.
- A conference call to discuss the merger is set for 9 ET
- Zulily closed Friday at $12.57.
- Previously: Zulily halted with news pending (Aug. 17)
Dec. 15, 2014, 10:00 AM
- Select broadcast TV stocks are higher after the FCC approves the merger between Media General and LIN Media.
- Shares of the new combined company will trade under the Media General name and symbol after the deal closes later this month.
- Some media analysts think further consolidation within the sector is likely.
- Broadcasters: Media General (NYSE:MEG) +3.7%, LIN Media (NYSE:LIN) +3.0%, Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NASDAQ:NXST) +1.4%, Journal Communications (NYSE:JRN) +1.0%, Liberty Ventures (NASDAQ:LVNTA) +0.6%.
Aug. 28, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jul. 23, 2014, 5:41 PM
May 12, 2014, 1:20 PM
- TV broadcast stocks are outperforming for the day after the sector was tapped by M.D. Sass to soar.
- The investment firm notes there is a disconnect between the 10% of carriage fee revenue broadcasters haul in compared to the 35% of total viewing they account for across the industry. A normalization of the revenue mix is in the "early inning," according to Sass.
- A timely initiation by Wells Fargo of Media General at Outperform is also giving a boost.
- Gainers: E.W. Scripps (SSP) +7.6%, Nexstar Broadcasting (NXST) +5.7%, Media General (MEG) +4.8%, Liberty Interactive (LVNTA) +1.9%, Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI) +1.9%, Gray Television (GTN) +1.7%.
Liberty Interactive Corp. owns interests in subsidiaries and other companies which are primarily engaged in the video and on-line commerce industries. The company's principal businesses and assets include its significant consolidated subsidiaries: QVC, Inc. (QVC), Backcountry.com, Inc.... More
Industry: Broadcasting - TV
Country: United States