Lifeway Is Good For Your Gut, But What About Your Portfolio?
Terrier Investing • 13 Comments
Terrier Investing • 13 Comments
Lifeway Foods: Expanding Margins Should Drive Substantial Upside
Tue, May 10, 4:55 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 4:36 PM
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:41 PM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY): Q3 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $29.6M (-1.7% Y/Y) misses by $0.9M.
Oct. 1, 2015, 4:16 PM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY): Q2 EPS of $0.01 vs. $0.04 in 2Q14
- Revenue of $29.82M (+0.8% Y/Y)
Aug. 21, 2015, 8:26 AM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY) says it has begun kefir production at a plant in Wisconsin purchased in 2013.
- The company has been increasing capacity for key products with the global market for probiotics expected to reach $52B by 2020.
May 20, 2015, 4:13 PM
- Lifeway Foods (LWAY +0.8%) says it received a letter of non-compliance from the Nasdaq.
- The issue concerns the failure of the company to file its annual report on time.
Apr. 15, 2015, 11:34 AM
- Organic food sales rose 11% to $35.9B in 2014, according to the Organic Trade Association.
- The revenue tally for organic food accounted for 5% of all food sales in the U.S.
- Data from the trade group indicated 90% of households on the West Coast and in New England actively buy organic food.
- The strong growth rate for organic food is part of the rationale behind Target's major food initiative.
- Organic food sellers/producers: THS, SFM, FWM, TFM, WFM, HAIN, WWAV, OTCPK:GPDB, LWAY, UNFI, GIS through Annie's.
Mar. 25, 2015, 10:09 AM
- There's more food stocks getting a push from speculation stirred up by the Heinz-Kraft merger.
- Lifeway Foods (LWAY +1.3%), Sanderson Farms (SAFM +1.1%), Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +3.9%), Post Holdings (POST +2%), Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +0.7%), J&J Snack Foods (JJSF +0.9%), and Treehouse Foods (THS +1.1%) are all ahead of major indexes.
- The food stock buying spree has been enough to lift the S&P Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) +0.8% on a down market day.
- More action with food stocks: 1) Food sector on watch after mega-merger announced, 2) M&A food bets being laid out after Heinz-Kraft merger.
Mar. 18, 2015, 7:03 AM
Mar. 16, 2015, 7:11 PM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY): Q4 EPS of $0.00
- Net sales of $30.2M (+15% Y/Y)
Jan. 20, 2015, 3:20 PM
Jan. 17, 2015, 12:45 PM
- Milk prices are in a downward trend with an excess of supply on the international market.
- The supply is so far beyond expectations that some U.S. cooperatives have directed farms to pour out part of their inventory.
- A reduced level of milk imports from China and Russia has been a factor in the market.
- Food companies are seeing a quicker benefit from the milk price decline than consumers, although analysts anticipate lower prices at grocery and C-stores stores in 2015.
- Milk price data (consumers) vs. milk futures chart
- Related stocks: DF, WWAV, SJM, DF, OTCPK:NSRGY, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, GIS, HSY, MJN, QSR, KO, GIS,
- Related ETFs: MOO.
Nov. 10, 2014, 4:53 PM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY): Q3 EPS of $0.06 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $30.1M (+26.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.26M.
Aug. 11, 2014, 4:46 PM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY): Q2 EPS of $0.07 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $29.6M (+28.1% Y/Y) beats by $2.38M.
May 23, 2014, 11:05 AM
- Wells Fargo analyst John Baumgartner forecasts a continued drop in milk prices after seeing Class I milk peak earlier in the month.
- The news could be a relief for a number of companies (DF, WWAV, SJM, DF, NSRGY, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, GIS, HSY, MJN, ADY) which have faced margin pressure over the escalated cost of wholesale milk products.
- Milk price chart
- Related ETF: MOO
May 12, 2014, 5:30 PM
- Lifeway Foods (LWAY): Q1 EPS of $0.04 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $29.1M (+20% Y/Y) misses by $1.48M.
Lifeway Foods, Inc. engages in the manufacture probiotic, cultured, functional dairy and non-dairy health food products. It operates through the sale of fermented dairy products and three retail locations in Illinois segments. Its products include Drinkable Kefir, Lifeway Farmer Cheese, ProBugs,... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Dairy Products
Country: United States
Other News & PR