Lifeway Is Good For Your Gut, But What About Your Portfolio?
Terrier Investing • 13 Comments
Terrier Investing • 13 Comments
Lifeway Foods: Expanding Margins Should Drive Substantial Upside
Wed, Aug. 17, 8:21 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 12:00 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 10:11 AM| Wed, Jul. 20, 10:11 AM | 2 Comments
Mon, Jul. 11, 2:12 PM
- A bill requiring food companies to label GMO ingredients was approved by the U.S. Senate by a 63 to 30 vote and now heads to the House of Representatives.
- The negotiated bill requires food companies to label genetically modified food by a phrase, symbol on the package, or a bar code that can be scanned by smartphones.
- The Department of agriculture still has two years to write the precise labeling rules if the House approves the bill.
- The passage of the bill is seen as a positive for the food sector as the alternative of having to adhere to state-by-state rules could create operational chaos for national sellers.
- Food stocks: SENEA, SENEB, THS, OTCPK:NCRA, CPB, MDLZ, GIS, OTCPK:NSRGY, FLO, CAG, DF, SJM,DF, ANFI, JJSF, WWAV, UL, OTCQX:DANOY, OTCPK:PLATF, POST, K, PEP, DMND, PF, HAIN, KO, BETR, KHC, WILC, PPC, PF, LWAY, HRL, TSN, DTEA, SAFM, BRID.
Thu, Jul. 7, 1:16 PM
- M&A intrigue has been ratcheted up in the food sector after Danone ponied up $10B for WhiteWave Foods.
- Stocks trading well-above broad market averages today include Lifeway Foods (LWAY +6.4%), G. Willi Food-International (WILC +5.9%), DAVIDsTEA (DTEA +4.7%), Golden Enterprises (GLDC +2.6%), and Snyder's-Lance (LNCE +3%).
- Just don't expect PepsiCo (PEP +1.8%) to rush into an acquisition half-fast after CFO Hugh Johnston told TheStreet.com that investors can assume the company hasn't found an advantageous large-cap target. "We expect to do small tuck-in acquisitions," said Johnston.
- Previously: Danone agrees to $12.5B deal for WhiteWave Foods (July 7)
- Previously: WhiteWave trades above buyout price, Hain Celestial on the move (July 7)
Thu, Jul. 7, 12:15 PM
Fri, Jul. 1, 12:30 PM
Tue, May 10, 4:55 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 4:36 PM
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:41 PM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY): Q3 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $29.6M (-1.7% Y/Y) misses by $0.9M.
Oct. 1, 2015, 4:16 PM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY): Q2 EPS of $0.01 vs. $0.04 in 2Q14
- Revenue of $29.82M (+0.8% Y/Y)
Aug. 21, 2015, 8:26 AM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY) says it has begun kefir production at a plant in Wisconsin purchased in 2013.
- The company has been increasing capacity for key products with the global market for probiotics expected to reach $52B by 2020.
May 20, 2015, 4:13 PM
- Lifeway Foods (LWAY +0.8%) says it received a letter of non-compliance from the Nasdaq.
- The issue concerns the failure of the company to file its annual report on time.
Apr. 15, 2015, 11:34 AM
- Organic food sales rose 11% to $35.9B in 2014, according to the Organic Trade Association.
- The revenue tally for organic food accounted for 5% of all food sales in the U.S.
- Data from the trade group indicated 90% of households on the West Coast and in New England actively buy organic food.
- The strong growth rate for organic food is part of the rationale behind Target's major food initiative.
- Organic food sellers/producers: THS, SFM, FWM, TFM, WFM, HAIN, WWAV, OTCPK:GPDB, LWAY, UNFI, GIS through Annie's.
Mar. 25, 2015, 10:09 AM
- There's more food stocks getting a push from speculation stirred up by the Heinz-Kraft merger.
- Lifeway Foods (LWAY +1.3%), Sanderson Farms (SAFM +1.1%), Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +3.9%), Post Holdings (POST +2%), Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +0.7%), J&J Snack Foods (JJSF +0.9%), and Treehouse Foods (THS +1.1%) are all ahead of major indexes.
- The food stock buying spree has been enough to lift the S&P Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) +0.8% on a down market day.
- More action with food stocks: 1) Food sector on watch after mega-merger announced, 2) M&A food bets being laid out after Heinz-Kraft merger.
Mar. 18, 2015, 7:03 AM
Lifeway Foods, Inc. engages in the manufacture of probiotic, cultured, functional dairy and non-dairy health food products. Its products include Drinkable Kefir, Lifeway Farmer Cheese, ProBugs, and Frozen Kefir. The company was founded by Michael Smolyansky in February 1986 and is headquartered... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Dairy Products
Country: United States