Lifeway Is Good For Your Gut, But What About Your Portfolio?
Terrier Investing • 13 Comments
Terrier Investing • 13 Comments
Fri, Sep. 16, 12:00 PM
Wed, Aug. 17, 8:21 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 12:00 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 10:11 AM| Wed, Jul. 20, 10:11 AM | 2 Comments
Mon, Jul. 11, 2:12 PM
- A bill requiring food companies to label GMO ingredients was approved by the U.S. Senate by a 63 to 30 vote and now heads to the House of Representatives.
- The negotiated bill requires food companies to label genetically modified food by a phrase, symbol on the package, or a bar code that can be scanned by smartphones.
- The Department of agriculture still has two years to write the precise labeling rules if the House approves the bill.
- The passage of the bill is seen as a positive for the food sector as the alternative of having to adhere to state-by-state rules could create operational chaos for national sellers.
- Food stocks: SENEA, SENEB, THS, OTCPK:NCRA, CPB, MDLZ, GIS, OTCPK:NSRGY, FLO, CAG, DF, SJM,DF, ANFI, JJSF, WWAV, UL, OTCQX:DANOY, OTCPK:PLATF, POST, K, PEP, DMND, PF, HAIN, KO, BETR, KHC, WILC, PPC, PF, LWAY, HRL, TSN, DTEA, SAFM, BRID.
Thu, Jul. 7, 1:16 PM
- M&A intrigue has been ratcheted up in the food sector after Danone ponied up $10B for WhiteWave Foods.
- Stocks trading well-above broad market averages today include Lifeway Foods (LWAY +6.4%), G. Willi Food-International (WILC +5.9%), DAVIDsTEA (DTEA +4.7%), Golden Enterprises (GLDC +2.6%), and Snyder's-Lance (LNCE +3%).
- Just don't expect PepsiCo (PEP +1.8%) to rush into an acquisition half-fast after CFO Hugh Johnston told TheStreet.com that investors can assume the company hasn't found an advantageous large-cap target. "We expect to do small tuck-in acquisitions," said Johnston.
- Previously: Danone agrees to $12.5B deal for WhiteWave Foods (July 7)
- Previously: WhiteWave trades above buyout price, Hain Celestial on the move (July 7)
Thu, Jul. 7, 12:15 PM
Fri, Jul. 1, 12:30 PM
Tue, May 10, 4:55 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 4:36 PM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY): Q4 EPS of $0.02 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $29.5M (-2.2% Y/Y) misses by $0.45M.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:41 PM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY): Q3 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $29.6M (-1.7% Y/Y) misses by $0.9M.
Oct. 1, 2015, 4:16 PM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY): Q2 EPS of $0.01 vs. $0.04 in 2Q14
- Revenue of $29.82M (+0.8% Y/Y)
Aug. 21, 2015, 8:26 AM
- Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ:LWAY) says it has begun kefir production at a plant in Wisconsin purchased in 2013.
- The company has been increasing capacity for key products with the global market for probiotics expected to reach $52B by 2020.
May 20, 2015, 4:13 PM
- Lifeway Foods (LWAY +0.8%) says it received a letter of non-compliance from the Nasdaq.
- The issue concerns the failure of the company to file its annual report on time.
Apr. 15, 2015, 11:34 AM
- Organic food sales rose 11% to $35.9B in 2014, according to the Organic Trade Association.
- The revenue tally for organic food accounted for 5% of all food sales in the U.S.
- Data from the trade group indicated 90% of households on the West Coast and in New England actively buy organic food.
- The strong growth rate for organic food is part of the rationale behind Target's major food initiative.
- Organic food sellers/producers: THS, SFM, FWM, TFM, WFM, HAIN, WWAV, OTCPK:GPDB, LWAY, UNFI, GIS through Annie's.
Mar. 25, 2015, 10:09 AM
- There's more food stocks getting a push from speculation stirred up by the Heinz-Kraft merger.
- Lifeway Foods (LWAY +1.3%), Sanderson Farms (SAFM +1.1%), Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +3.9%), Post Holdings (POST +2%), Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +0.7%), J&J Snack Foods (JJSF +0.9%), and Treehouse Foods (THS +1.1%) are all ahead of major indexes.
- The food stock buying spree has been enough to lift the S&P Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) +0.8% on a down market day.
- More action with food stocks: 1) Food sector on watch after mega-merger announced, 2) M&A food bets being laid out after Heinz-Kraft merger.