Lifeway Foods, Inc.NASDAQ
Lifeway Is Good For Your Gut, But What About Your Portfolio?
Terrier Investing • 13 Comments
Terrier Investing • 13 Comments
Fri, Nov. 11, 12:08 PM
Thu, Nov. 10, 12:10 PM
Wed, Nov. 9, 5:05 PM
Tue, Nov. 8, 2:58 PM
- Food stocks are getting gobbled after a report circulates indicating that 3G is prepping for another acquisition.
- Sources tell Brazil Journal that 3G is raising between $8B and $10B for the new deal.
- Gainers on the day include Mondelez International (MDLZ +4%), G. Will Food-International <<WILC,>> Kraft Heinz (KHC +2.8%), Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +2.9%), Lifeway Foods (LWAY +1.2%), Pinnacle Foods (PF +0.8%), Tyson Foods (TSN +1.4%), Seneca Foods (SENEB), Campbell Soup (CPB +3.6%), General Mills (GIS +3%), Kellogg (K +2.8%), Flower Foods (FLO +1.4%) and J.M. Smucker (SJM +1.1%).
- The PowerShares Dynamic Foods & Beverage ETF (NYSEARCA:PBJ) is up 1.93% on the day.
Thu, Oct. 13, 4:03 AM
- America's dairy farmers are crying over spilled milk - the 43M gallons of it they have dumped in fields and elsewhere over the first eight months of the year.
- The reason for the discarded liquid is that a glut has cut milk's price 22% since spring, to $16.39 per hundred pounds.
- At that price, some farmers can’t afford to truck the dairy staple to market, sources told the WSJ.
- Related tickers: WWAV, DF, LWAY, KHC
Tue, Oct. 11, 2:08 PM
Tue, Oct. 11, 12:45 PM
Tue, Oct. 11, 12:00 PM
Fri, Sep. 16, 12:00 PM
Wed, Aug. 17, 8:21 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 12:00 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 10:11 AM| Wed, Jul. 20, 10:11 AM | 2 Comments
Mon, Jul. 11, 2:12 PM
- A bill requiring food companies to label GMO ingredients was approved by the U.S. Senate by a 63 to 30 vote and now heads to the House of Representatives.
- The negotiated bill requires food companies to label genetically modified food by a phrase, symbol on the package, or a bar code that can be scanned by smartphones.
- The Department of agriculture still has two years to write the precise labeling rules if the House approves the bill.
- The passage of the bill is seen as a positive for the food sector as the alternative of having to adhere to state-by-state rules could create operational chaos for national sellers.
- Food stocks: SENEA, SENEB, THS, OTCPK:NCRA, CPB, MDLZ, GIS, OTCPK:NSRGY, FLO, CAG, DF, SJM,DF, ANFI, JJSF, WWAV, UL, OTCQX:DANOY, OTCPK:PLATF, POST, K, PEP, DMND, PF, HAIN, KO, BETR, KHC, WILC, PPC, PF, LWAY, HRL, TSN, DTEA, SAFM, BRID.
Thu, Jul. 7, 1:16 PM
- M&A intrigue has been ratcheted up in the food sector after Danone ponied up $10B for WhiteWave Foods.
- Stocks trading well-above broad market averages today include Lifeway Foods (LWAY +6.4%), G. Willi Food-International (WILC +5.9%), DAVIDsTEA (DTEA +4.7%), Golden Enterprises (GLDC +2.6%), and Snyder's-Lance (LNCE +3%).
- Just don't expect PepsiCo (PEP +1.8%) to rush into an acquisition half-fast after CFO Hugh Johnston told TheStreet.com that investors can assume the company hasn't found an advantageous large-cap target. "We expect to do small tuck-in acquisitions," said Johnston.
- Previously: Danone agrees to $12.5B deal for WhiteWave Foods (July 7)
- Previously: WhiteWave trades above buyout price, Hain Celestial on the move (July 7)
Thu, Jul. 7, 12:15 PM
Fri, Jul. 1, 12:30 PM