LyondellBasell Industries N.V.NYSE
LyondellBasell: Excess Margins Will Soon Lead To Excess Supply
Fri, Jan. 22, 7:11 PM
- Few catalysts remain on the horizon to boost Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW), especially as the merger with DuPont (NYSE:DD) and eventual split could take up to three years, says Citigroup’s P.J. Juvekar, who rates DOW at Neutral with a $45 price target.
- Even with the recent market selloff, Juvekar sees no near-term catalysts to push the stock, and weakness in oil prices and the Chinese economy are likely to persist throughout the year.
- The merger is expected to close in H2 2016 while the eventual split into three parts could take an additional 18-24 months - "a long time for investors to wait, as Dow’s fortunes are now tied to DD’s results, particularly in ag" Juvekar writes, adding that LyondellBasell (NYSE:LYB) is better positioned to benefit from a rebound in oil prices.
Nov. 30, 2015, 3:45 PM
- LyondellBasell (LYB +0.7%) agrees to acquire the polypropylene compounding assets of India-based Zylog Plastalloys for an undisclosed sum, as the company increases its presence in India's growing automotive industry.
- LYB says the deal will double its automotive customer base in India and make it the third largest producer of polypropylene compounds in the country with an annual capacity of 97M lbs.
- Earlier this year, LYB bought SJS Plastiblends, which also manufactures polypropylene compounds to build plastic automotive parts in India.