Wed, Dec. 7, 6:37 AM
Fri, Dec. 2, 1:37 PM
- Shares of La-Z-Boy (LZB +6.8%) jumped over $30 for the first time in ten weeks after FQ2 results edge past estimates.
- Despite a "choppy" environment, the company's operating margin rate rose 10 bps to 8.8% of sales during the quarter.
- La-Z-Boy plans to add 11 new stores in FY17 on a net basis.
- Previously: La-Z-Boy beats by $0.04, revenue in-line (Nov. 30)
Fri, Dec. 2, 12:01 PM
Wed, Nov. 30, 5:36 PM
Wed, Nov. 30, 4:16 PM
Tue, Nov. 29, 5:35 PM
Thu, Nov. 17, 11:10 AM
- A big jump in housing starts in October to a seasonally-adjusted level of 1.323M is bringing some buyers into select retail stocks loosely associated with home spending.
- Making the cut are Home Depot (HD +1.6%), Kirkland's (KIRK +2.2%), Williams-Sonoma (WSM +2.2%) and The Container Store (TCS +2.2%), Haverty Furniture (HVT +1.2%) and La-Z-Boy (LZB +0.4%).
- Previously: Housing starts top expectations (Nov. 17)
Wed, Nov. 16, 7:23 AM
- La-Z-Boy Incorporated (NYSE:LZB) announces it signed an agreement to acquire the license for the La-Z-Boy brand in the United Kingdom and Ireland from Furnico Ltd. The business generates annual wholesale revenue of about $42M, of which the company already captures about half due to the current licensing agreement.
- Furnico has been La-Z-Boy’s sales and distribution partner in the market for the past eight years.
- The agreement will be effective January 1.
- Separately, the company also announced that it acquired nine La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries stores from an independent dealer on November 1, with annual retail volume of approximately $35M. The stores will become part of La-Z-Boy’s retail segment.
- LZB +5.00% premarket to $27.30.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Nov. 15, 5:36 PM
Fri, Oct. 21, 12:00 PM
Wed, Sep. 28, 2:16 PM
- A sales and profit warning from Tempur Sealy International (TPX -24.5%) isn't going unnoticed in the home furnishings and furniture sectors.
- There are concerns that the weakness at Tempur isn't isolated amid uneven consumer spending trends.
- Previously: Tempur Sealy plunges on profit and revenue warning (Sept. 27)
- Decliners include Select Comfort (SCSS -8.3%), La-Z-Boy (LZB -3.8%), Hooker Furniture (HOFT -3.3%), Ethan Allen (ETH -4.1%), Bassett Furniture Industries (BSET -2.1%), and Leggett & Platt (LEG -4.6%).
Wed, Aug. 24, 4:23 PM
Wed, Aug. 24, 12:48 PM
Wed, Aug. 24, 12:01 PM
Wed, Aug. 24, 9:14 AM
Wed, Aug. 24, 8:15 AM
- Shares of La-Z-Boy (NYSE:LZB) are down sharply in premarket trading after the company missed estimates with its FQ1 report.
- A slow traffic trend at the company's galleries was hard to overcome during the quarter. Same-store sales were down 1.9% during the period.
- No investment firms have adjusted their ratings yet on the furniture retailer.
- LZB -14.55% premarket to $26.66 after closing yesterday at an all-time high of $31.22.
- Previously: La-Z-Boy misses by $0.01, misses on revenue (Aug. 23)