What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Apr. 14, 2015, 9:09 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category in the March Retail Sales report outperformed most other businesses.
- Sales rose 1.4% M/M and 3.8% Y/Y during the month.
- The sector was on watch to see if there was any continued spillover impact from the West Coast slowdown.
- Furniture/home furnishing stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, KIRK, WSM.
- Retail Sales report (.pdf)
Feb. 20, 2015, 9:52 PM
- Some false alarms earlier, but the AP reports (and union spokesmen and the PMA started confirming) that agreement has been reached with West Coast dockworkers.
- The deal would end a nine-month negotiation that has led to significant slowdowns at 29 West Coast U.S. ports. Labor Secretary Thomas Perez urged the PMA and union workers to come to agreement today.
- The contract still needs union ratification.
- Affected furniture stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN, RL,GIL, NKE, OXM, HBI, VNCE, PERY, ICON, FL.
- Previous coverage of the slowdown
Feb. 17, 2015, 5:37 PM
Feb. 17, 2015, 4:16 PM
- La-Z-Boy (NYSE:LZB): FQ3 EPS of $0.33 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $357.88M (+3.3% Y/Y) misses by $10.01M.
Feb. 17, 2015, 12:53 PM
- The furniture market is seeing some disruption as the West Coast port slowdown continues.
- A stalled pace of imports is impacting wholesale pricing for companies relying on suppliers that ship to ports in California, Oregon, and Washington.
- Even companies without a heavy reliance on Asian imports are feeling a supply chain shock.
- Previously: West Coast port slowdown continues (Feb. 16 2015)
- Related stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET.
Feb. 16, 2015, 5:35 PM
Nov. 19, 2014, 1:02 PM
- Shares of La-Z-Boy (LZB +7.5%) trade higher after the company tops profit estimates with its FQ2 report.
- Comparable-store sales in the company's retail segment rose 4.6% during the period.
- A dividend hike of 33% to $0.08 per share may have also caught the attention of investors.
Nov. 18, 2014, 5:39 PM
Nov. 18, 2014, 4:12 PM
- La-Z-Boy (NYSE:LZB): FQ2 EPS of $0.36 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $365.6M (+3.8% Y/Y) misses by $10.08M.
Nov. 17, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 29, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 19, 2014, 5:37 PM
Aug. 19, 2014, 4:12 PM
- La-Z-Boy (NYSE:LZB): FQ1 EPS of $0.20 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $326.98M (+7.0% Y/Y) beats by $5.7M.
- Shares +0.09% AH.
Aug. 18, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jul. 15, 2014, 8:41 AM
- A decline in sales at furniture stores and home furnishing outlets (PIR, BBBY, LZB, ETH, RH, HVT, KIRK, WSM) dragged down retail sales during the month of June.
- The building material and garden equipment category (HD, LOW) was also weak.
- Perhaps a surprise, but sales at clothing stores outpaced other businesses during the month.
Jun. 18, 2014, 12:45 PM
La-Z-Boy Inc through its subsidiaries manufactures, markets, imports, distributes and retails upholstery furniture products. In addition, it imports, distributes and retails accessories and wood furniture products.
Other News & PR