Thu, Oct. 29, 8:35 AM
Wed, Oct. 21, 7:32 AM
Tue, Oct. 20, 5:30 PM
Fri, Oct. 2, 2:22 PM
- Staffing stocks trade lower after today's jobs report painted a weaker employment picture than anticipated.
- The biggest movers in the sector are Barrett Business Services (BBSI -4.3%), ManpowerGroup (MAN -3.4%), Kelly Services (KELYA -2.4%), and Robert Half International (RHI -2.4%).
- Previously: Staffing stocks on the radar after weak jobs data (Oct. 02 2015)
Fri, Oct. 2, 9:04 AM
- A soft read on the job market from the Labor Department could impact the staffing stocks sector.
- Nonfarm payrolls missed by a wide margin the estimate for September and the tally was revised lower for August. Staffing stocks have performed better in the past when the job participation rate improved.
- On watch: KFRC, MAN, RHI, ASGN, DHX, KELYA, MWW, BBSI, AHS, TBI, KFY, HSON.
Tue, Jul. 21, 7:48 AM
- ManpowerGroup (NYSE:MAN) reports revenue was up 6.6% on a constant currency basis in Q2 (-8.7% reported).
- The company reported revenue of 10.6% in Southern Europe and 6.6% in Northern Europe before F/X was factored in.
- Operating profit was up 12.5% in constant currency (-4.7% reported) off a strong performance in the Americas.
- "The labor markets continue to improve across the globe, although at a slow and uneven pace in some countries," says the company.
- Guidance: ManpowerGroup expects Q3 EPS of $1.50-$1.58 vs. $1.54 consensus.
- MAN +0.66% premarket.
Tue, Jul. 21, 7:32 AM
Mon, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jun. 12, 7:26 AM| Fri, Jun. 12, 7:26 AM | Comment!
Mon, Jun. 1, 6:55 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 6:04 PM
Tue, Apr. 21, 7:56 AM
- Manpower (NYSE:MAN) reports F/X chipped away $0.17 from EPS in Q1.
- Operating profit for the quarter was down 3.2% to $122.8M.
- Revenue in the U.S. rose 0.6% Y/Y to $725M, while northern and southern Europe both showed positive growth before F/X swings.
- The company see Q2 EPS of $1.21 to $1.29 vs. $1.27 consensus.
- Previously: Manpower beats by $0.04, beats on revenue
- MAN +1.47% premarket to $86.25.
Tue, Apr. 21, 7:32 AM
Mon, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
Thu, Mar. 5, 10:24 AM
- Select staffing stocks are lower after jobless claims came in at +7K to 320K
- Other movers include Resources Connection (NASDAQ:RECN) -1.3%, Monster Worldwide (NYSE:MWW) -1.2%, Dice Holdings (NYSE:DHX) -1.1%, Manpower (NYSE:MAN) -0.7%.
- Also in the sector, Cross Country Healthcare (NASDAQ:CCRN) is down 6.6% on heavy volume after reporting earnings yesterday.
Tue, Feb. 3, 7:35 AM
- Barclays upgrades ManpowerGroup (NYSE:MAN) to an Overweight rating from Equalweight.
- Shares of Manpower rallied last week off an earnings beat, but still trade 18% off their 52-week highs.
- Previously: Manpower beats by $0.04, revenue in-line (Jan. 30 2015)
- Previously: Post-earnings pop for Manpower (Jan. 30 2015)
ManpowerGroup is engaged in the employment services industry. It offers permanent, temporary, and contract recruitment services; assessment and selection services; training and development services; outsourcing services, among others.
Other News & PR