Oct. 2, 2015, 2:22 PM
- Staffing stocks trade lower after today's jobs report painted a weaker employment picture than anticipated.
- The biggest movers in the sector are Barrett Business Services (BBSI -4.3%), ManpowerGroup (MAN -3.4%), Kelly Services (KELYA -2.4%), and Robert Half International (RHI -2.4%).
- Previously: Staffing stocks on the radar after weak jobs data (Oct. 02 2015)
Oct. 2, 2015, 9:04 AM
- A soft read on the job market from the Labor Department could impact the staffing stocks sector.
- Nonfarm payrolls missed by a wide margin the estimate for September and the tally was revised lower for August. Staffing stocks have performed better in the past when the job participation rate improved.
- On watch: KFRC, MAN, RHI, ASGN, DHX, KELYA, MWW, BBSI, AHS, TBI, KFY, HSON.
Jul. 21, 2015, 7:48 AM
- ManpowerGroup (NYSE:MAN) reports revenue was up 6.6% on a constant currency basis in Q2 (-8.7% reported).
- The company reported revenue of 10.6% in Southern Europe and 6.6% in Northern Europe before F/X was factored in.
- Operating profit was up 12.5% in constant currency (-4.7% reported) off a strong performance in the Americas.
- "The labor markets continue to improve across the globe, although at a slow and uneven pace in some countries," says the company.
- Guidance: ManpowerGroup expects Q3 EPS of $1.50-$1.58 vs. $1.54 consensus.
- MAN +0.66% premarket.
Jul. 21, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Manpower (NYSE:MAN): Q2 EPS of $1.33 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $4.86B (-8.6% Y/Y) beats by $90M.
Jul. 20, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jun. 12, 2015, 7:26 AM
- ManpowerGroup (NYSE:MAN) acquires German firm 7A Group for €136.5B ($152.59M).
- The deal will increase the presence of ManpowerGroup in the fields of engineering and IT fields in Germany.
- 7S Group could earn an additional payment based on 2015 results from operations.
Jun. 1, 2015, 6:55 AM
- Manpower (NYSE:MAN) announces it purchased Greythorn for an undisclosed amount.
- The acquisition will give the company a professional resourcing presence in Australia.
- Manpower plans to run the Greythorn business under the Experis brand name.
Apr. 28, 2015, 6:04 PM
- Manpower (NYSE:MAN) declares $0.80/share semi-annual dividend, 63% increase from prior dividend of $0.49.
- Forward yield 1.87%
- Payable June 15; for shareholders of record June 1; ex-div May 28.
Apr. 21, 2015, 7:56 AM
- Manpower (NYSE:MAN) reports F/X chipped away $0.17 from EPS in Q1.
- Operating profit for the quarter was down 3.2% to $122.8M.
- Revenue in the U.S. rose 0.6% Y/Y to $725M, while northern and southern Europe both showed positive growth before F/X swings.
- The company see Q2 EPS of $1.21 to $1.29 vs. $1.27 consensus.
- Previously: Manpower beats by $0.04, beats on revenue
- MAN +1.47% premarket to $86.25.
Apr. 21, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Manpower (NYSE:MAN): Q1 EPS of $0.83 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $4.54B (-7.3% Y/Y) beats by $70M.
- Shares +1.47% PM.
Apr. 20, 2015, 5:30 PM
Mar. 5, 2015, 10:24 AM
- Select staffing stocks are lower after jobless claims came in at +7K to 320K
- Other movers include Resources Connection (NASDAQ:RECN) -1.3%, Monster Worldwide (NYSE:MWW) -1.2%, Dice Holdings (NYSE:DHX) -1.1%, Manpower (NYSE:MAN) -0.7%.
- Also in the sector, Cross Country Healthcare (NASDAQ:CCRN) is down 6.6% on heavy volume after reporting earnings yesterday.
Feb. 3, 2015, 7:35 AM
- Barclays upgrades ManpowerGroup (NYSE:MAN) to an Overweight rating from Equalweight.
- Shares of Manpower rallied last week off an earnings beat, but still trade 18% off their 52-week highs.
- Previously: Manpower beats by $0.04, revenue in-line (Jan. 30 2015)
- Previously: Post-earnings pop for Manpower (Jan. 30 2015)
Jan. 30, 2015, 10:01 AM
Jan. 30, 2015, 7:33 AM
- Manpower (NYSE:MAN): Q4 EPS of $1.47 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $5.12B (-2.5% Y/Y) in-line.
Jan. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM
ManpowerGroup, Inc. offers workforce solutions and services. It operates through five segments: Americas, South Europe, Northern Europe, Asia Pacific Middle East and Right Management. The Americas segment offers central support services to its branches and franchises. It provides client... More
Industry: Staffing & Outsourcing Services
Other News & PR