Oct. 1, 2014, 6:33 PM
- A Delaware jury has ruled Philips (PHG -2.2%) should pay Masimo (MASI +12.9%) $466M for infringing patents related to fingertip devices that measure blood oxygen and pulse rates. It also cleared Masimo of infringing a Philips patent.
- Philips will almost certainly appeal the ruling, which has led Masimo shares to soar.
- Masimo originally sued Philips in 2009. Philips has been arguing Masimo's patents are invalid due to the obviousness of the technology, and because the patent filings were poorly written.
Aug. 8, 2014, 3:49 PM
- First the good news:
- Tekmira (TKMR +38.1%) on a massive 25M share turnover; Raptor Pharmaceuticals (RPTP +28.2%) on a 4x surge in volume; Clovis Oncology (CLVS +11.6%) on 50% higher volume; RadNet (RDNT +20.4%) on 2x higher volume and Relypsa (RLYP +15%) on 2x higher volume.
- Now the bad news:
- TearLab (TEAR -21.2%) on 4x higher volume; Masimo (MASI -10.6%) on 3x higher volume; Volcano (VOLC -19.9%) on a 12x surge in volume and Hanger (HGR -24.9%) on a 16x surge in volume.
Feb. 10, 2012, 10:43 AM
Oct. 25, 2011, 5:08 PM
Masimo Corp. is a global medical technology company, which develops and manufactures noninvasive patient monitoring technologies, including medical devices and a wide array of sensors. The company invents noninvasive technologies that are revolutionizing patient monitoring, including Masimo SET... More
Industry: Medical Appliances & Equipment
Country: United States