Mon, Aug. 22, 6:12 PM
- Metabolix (NASDAQ:MBLX) +69.8% AH after agreeing to sell its biopolymer intellectual property and laboratory equipment to South Korea's CJ CheilJedang for $10M.
- MBLX says it will transfer to CJ a portfolio of intellectual property including the platform microbial strains used to produce its fermentation based products, as well as patent rights covering the production and use of PHA biopolymers.
- The company says it plans to rebrand itself as Yield10 Bioscience in the coming months.
Mon, May 16, 6:29 PM
- Prompted by a tough business climate and apparent buyer interest, thinly traded nano cap Metabolix (NASDAQ:MBLX) announces that it is exploring strategic alternatives for its specialty biopolymers unit and its Yield10 crop science program.
- If a deal can be reached for the biopolymers business, the company may redirect resources on developing and commercializing Yield10 or it may jettison it as well. According to the company, negotiations with interested parties are underway.
- Metabolix is currently trying to secure additional capital before the end of the month. As of the end of March, it had only $5.3M in quick assets.
- Citing these developments, management will not be hosting a conference call to discuss Q1 results.
Mon, May 16, 12:51 PM
Tue, Mar. 29, 4:15 PM
- Metabolix (NASDAQ:MBLX): Q4 EPS of -$0.22
- Revenue of $0.5M (-41.9% Y/Y)
Dec. 18, 2015, 12:46 PM
Dec. 16, 2015, 12:45 PM
Nov. 18, 2015, 12:47 PM
Nov. 10, 2015, 4:09 PM
- Metabolix (NASDAQ:MBLX): Q3 EPS of -$0.22
- Revenue of $0.7M (+16.7% Y/Y)
Oct. 20, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oct. 19, 2015, 12:43 PM
Oct. 16, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oct. 12, 2015, 12:45 PM
Sep. 17, 2015, 10:40 AM
- Biodegradable plastics developer Metabolix (MBLX) launches Yield10 Bioscience whose aim is to develop and commercialize innovations in crop science using its proprietary T3 transcriptome-targeted metabolic engineering platform to significantly increase crop yields.
- Yield10 intends to leverage its expertise in developing strategies to direct the flow of carbon in plant systems to produce biopolymers and chemicals. For example, 90% of global food production is comprised of soybeans, canola, rice wheat and potatoes. These crops utilize the C3 photosynthetic system which is 50% less efficient in CO2 fixation compared to C4 crops like corn and sugarcane. Finding a way to convert C3 crops to C4 would produce significant increases in yield. Yield10 is deploying a series of proprietary gene systems to increase carbon capture and fixation in C3 plants. Early efforts in camelina, an industrial oil seed crop, have been encouraging.
- Yield10 is also working on increasing yields in C4 crops and drought tolerance in C3 crops.
Aug. 12, 2015, 4:07 PM
- Metabolix (NASDAQ:MBLX): Q2 EPS of -$0.26
- Revenue of $0.74M (+5.7% Y/Y) beats by $0.07M.
Jun. 16, 2015, 12:51 PM
Jun. 16, 2015, 11:26 AM
- Nano cap Metabolix (MBLX +0.9%) closes a private placement of 4.37M shares of common stock at $3.32 per share plus warrants to purchase up to 3.933M shares at $3.98 for $0.125 per warrant with institutional investors. Total proceeds are ~$15M. The institutional group includes respected biotech investor Jack Schuler.
- Proceeds will fund working capital and general corporate purposes.