What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Mon, Jan. 25, 8:15 AM
- McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) reports global comparable-store sales increased 5.0% in Q4 with improvement seen across all segments.
- Comparable-store sales rose 5.7% in the U.S. as the All Day Breakfast initiative generated traffic.
- International Lead Markets segment comparable-store sales rose 4.2%.
- The High Growth Markets comp was +3% with both China and Russia in positive territory.
- Total revenue at McDonald's was off 4% after foreign exchange shook off nine percentage point.
- SG&A expenses +2% to $675M. Company-owned restaurant expenses -7% to $3.419B.
- The company says it expects positive top-line momentum across all segments this year..
- Previously: McDonald's beats by $0.08, beats on revenue (Jan. 25 2016)
- MCD +3.02% premarket to $121.97.
Mon, Jan. 25, 8:01 AM
Sun, Jan. 24, 5:30 PM
Nov. 10, 2015, 2:01 PM
- In a PR issued in tandem with the company's annual investor meeting (runs from 1PM-5PM ET, webcast), McDonald's (MCD +1.4%) confirms it's not pursuing a REIT for its real estate assets. Exec Pete Bensen: "We have concluded that any potential value creation from a REIT is out-weighed by the significant financial and operational risks to our business and the continued progress of our turnaround."
- Also announced: McDonald's is hiking its quarterly dividend by 5% to $0.89/share (3.1% yield at current levels). The next dividend is payable on Dec. 15 to shareholders on record as of Dec. 1. $30B worth of capital returns are now expected over the 3-year period ending 2016, up from a prior $20B.
- The company now aims to refranchise 4K restaurants, up from a prior target of 3.5K. 93% of restaurants are expected to be franchised by the end of 2018, up from a current 81%. McDonald's is also hiking its G&A cost savings target by $200M/year to $500M/year; it aims to cut its G&A base by nearly 20% from the start of 2015.
- For 2016, on a constant currency basis, McDonald's is aiming for 3%-5% system-wide sales growth, 5%-7% op. income growth, capex of $2B, and a 1-year ROIC in the high teens. ~1K new restaurants are expected to be opened. In actual dollars, consensus is for revenue to drop 3.3% in 2016 to $24.5B.
- Earlier: McDonald's won't pursue REIT
Oct. 22, 2015, 8:15 AM
- McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) reports global comparable-store sales increased 4.0% in Q3 with improvement seen across all segments.
- Comparable-store sales rose 0.9% in the U.S. to mark the first quarterly gain in two years. International Lead Markets segment comparable-store sales rose 4.6%, while the High Growth Markets segment turned a 8.9% comp.
- Total revenue fell 5% after foreign exchange lopped off a full twelve percentage points.
- SG&A expenses +8.2% to $584M.
- The company says it expects positive global comparable-store sales in Q4.
- The turnaround of McDonald's into a "modern, progressive" burger company is underway, says management.
- Previously: McDonald's beats by $0.12, beats on revenue (Oct. 22 2015)
- MCD +6.59% premarket to $109.15.
Oct. 22, 2015, 7:59 AM
- McDonald's (NYSE:MCD): Q3 EPS of $1.40 beats by $0.12.
- Revenue of $6.62B (-5.3% Y/Y) beats by $210M.
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACAT, ACOR, ADS, AEP, ALK, APOL, ASPS, BCC, BEN, BHE, BMS, CAB, CAM, CAT, CBU, CEMP, COR, CRS, CY, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FNB, GMT, GPK, GRA, HBAN, HUB.B, IVC, JNS, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, NDAQ, NUE, NWE, ORI, PCP, PDS, PENN, PH, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SIRI, SJR, SNA, SQNS, STC, SWK, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WAB, WBC, WCC, XRS
Jul. 23, 2015, 8:13 AM
- McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) reports global comparable-store sales fell 0.7% in Q2.
- The U.S. comp was -2% on negative traffic, while APMEA was -4.5% and Europe +1.2%.
- Operating margin growth: U.S -6%, Europe -20%, APMEA -26%.
- Foreign currency swings cut into total revenue by eleven percentage points, turning a +1% gain to a -10% drop.
- SG&A expenses -6% to $592.4M.
- The company says it expects positive global comparable-store sales in Q3 with a return of momentum in China a factor.
- The restaurant chain will continue to test the all-day breakfast initiative.
- Previously: McDonald's beats by $0.02, beats on revenue
- MCD -0.24% premarket to $97.35.
Jul. 23, 2015, 7:59 AM
- McDonald's (NYSE:MCD): Q2 EPS of $1.26 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $6.49B (-9.6% Y/Y) beats by $40M.
Jul. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABC, ADS, AEP, ALK, AMAG, AOS, ASPS, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CMCSA, CMS, COR, CS, CSL, CY, DAN, DFRG, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FIS, FNB, GM, GMT, GNTX, GPI, GPK, HBAN, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IQNT, IVC, JNS, KKR, KMB, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MAC, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MNRO, MRGE, NDAQ, NEO, NUE, NWE, ORI, PDS, PENN, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SHPG, SNA, SQNS, STC, STM, SYNT, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, VAC, VRX, WAB, WCC, WIT, WM, WRLD, XRS
Apr. 22, 2015, 8:07 AM
- Global comparable-store sales fell 2.3% for McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) in Q1.
- Foreign exchange swings cut into revenue by 10 full percentage points.
- Comparable-store sales fell in each of the company's geographic regions (U.S. -2.6%, Europe -0.6%, APMEA -8.3%) on weak traffic patterns.
- SG&A expenses fell 6% to $583M during the quarter.
- Total operating expenses were 4% lower to $4.573B which may have helped the company beat EPS estimates.
- The company says a turnaround plan will be detailed on May 4. CEO Steve Easterbrook quotes McDonald's founder Ray Kroc in saying "taking risks" is part of the new operating paradigm.
- MCD +0.82% premarket to $95.61.
Apr. 22, 2015, 8:02 AM
- McDonald's (NYSE:MCD): Q1 EPS of $0.84 may not be comparable to consensus of $1.06.
- Revenue of $5.96B (-11.0% Y/Y) in-line.
- Shares +0.66% PM.
Apr. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jan. 23, 2015, 8:16 AM
- McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) reports global comparable-store sales fell 0.9% in Q4 on soft traffic trends across geographic segments.
- The U.S. comp was down 1.7% in a restaurant sector heading in the other direction (see: Restaurant comps ignited off of $2 gas effect).
- The APMEA comp fell 4.8% on a steep traffic decline amid continued blowback from supplier issues.
- SG&A expenses +5.5% to $662.5M due in part to spending on "positioning" for the future.
- The company heads into 2015 with its lowest capital expenditure budget in five years at $2.0B.
- CEO Don Thompson uses the words "adapting" and "evolve" again in his summary, but warns on further pressure on sales through the first half of the year.
- MCD +1.7% premarket to $92.44.
Jan. 23, 2015, 8:04 AM
- McDonald's (NYSE:MCD): Q4 EPS of $1.13 misses by $0.09.
- Revenue of $6.57B (-7.3% Y/Y) misses by $110M.
- Shares +1.22% PM.
Other News & PR