Oct. 10, 2013, 7:08 AM
Oct. 8, 2013, 10:05 AM
- Expense-tracking firm Certify reports businesspeople have no problem blowing their meal expenses on fast-food options with Starbucks (SBUX +0.6%), McDonald's (MCD -0.2%), Subway, and Panera Bread (PNRA -0.2%) topping the list of establishments raking in business food spending.
- In a testament to the versatility of the Panera chain, its average business meal tab of $35.35 ranks close to chains such as Longhorn Steakhouse, Cheesecake Factory, and P.F. Chang's.
Oct. 2, 2013, 10:25 AM
- The restaurant sector is proving to be more sensitive than most to the developments with the government shutdown and the potential impact to the U.S. economy.
- Analysts already saw restaurant traffic under pressure during Q4, but an extended government shutdown could take estimates even lower.
- Leading decliners: Brinker International (EAT) -2.4%, McDonald's (MCD) -2.0%, Cracker Barrel (CBRL) -1.9%, Yum Brands (YUM) -1.7%, Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) -1.6%.
- Related ETFs: PBJ, XLY.
Oct. 2, 2013, 9:54 AM
- McDonald's (MCD -1.8%) will test loyalty programs at 570 stores as it considers a broader roll-out.
- The move from the restaurant operator is targeted at attracting younger consumers.
- Starbucks and Panera Bread have been very successful with their loyalty programs, but McDonald's will be the first fast-food chain to adopt the strategy.
Sep. 27, 2013, 11:13 AM
- Restaurant industry watchers think the replacement of the chief marketing officer McDonald's (MCD -1%) won't lead to a radical change in direction for the company, but an effort to improve marketing efforts in strategic areas is likely.
- An increased focus on digital platforms and menu innovation could be on tap.
Sep. 27, 2013, 7:24 AM
Sep. 19, 2013, 9:43 AM| Sep. 19, 2013, 9:43 AM | 3 Comments
Sep. 18, 2013, 4:39 PM
- McDonald's (MCD) declares $0.81/share quarterly dividend, 5% increase from prior dividend of $0.77.
- Forward yield 3.28%.
- For shareholders of record Dec.02. Payable Dec. 16. Ex-div date Nov. 28.
Sep. 18, 2013, 3:22 PM
- The NPD reports fast-casual restaurant (CMG, PNRA, NDLS) traffic increased 8% Y/Y in Q2 compared to 1% growth for the broader quick-service restaurant segment (MCD, BKW, WEN, SONC).
- The midscale and family-dining sector (DIN, EAT, CAKE, DRI, CBRL, BOBE) saw a 2% decline in visits.
- While lunch and dinner traffic was flat during the quarter for the restaurant industry as a whole, breakfast and morning meal traffic increased 3%.
Sep. 12, 2013, 12:46 PM| Sep. 12, 2013, 12:46 PM | 6 Comments
Sep. 11, 2013, 8:16 AM
- Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Tokyo Governor Naoki Inose want more stores and restaurants to use foreign-language signs as the city begins the long process of prepping for the 2020 Summer Olympics.
- Though it's a bit of a reach, the development could help U.S. companies such as McDonald's (MCD), Yum Brands (YUM), and Domino's Pizza (DPZ) - which have struggled at times in the nation - if the Olympics process changes consumer preferences in Japan over time.
Sep. 10, 2013, 11:01 AM
- McDonald's (MCD +0.5%) will sell steak on its various breakfast sandwiches as it continues a new strategy to offer both value menu options and premium offerings.
- As sales in the U.S. stay near depressed levels for McDonald's, it continues to dabble with new menu items inspired to rattle the cage a bit. Last month, it was news of chicken wings rollout that showed the innovation in progress.
Sep. 10, 2013, 7:43 AM
- McDonald's (MCD) calls the environment in the U.S. "persistently challenging" as it manages a meager 0.2% gain in comp sales on its home turf.
- Despite taking a more promotional stance, U.S. sales for McDonald's are stuck in a sub-1% growth rut and are up just 0.2% YTD.
- MCD +0.5% premarket, in-line with stock futures.
Sep. 10, 2013, 7:33 AM
- McDonald's (MCD) reports global comparable store sales increased 1.9% during August to easily beat estimates.
- Segment growth: U.S. +0.2%; Europe +3.3%; Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa -0.5%.
- The company's strong results in the U.K., France, and Russia easily made up for a poor month in Germany.
- MCD +1.0% premarket
Sep. 9, 2013, 8:06 AM
- As headlines die out about street-level protests against retail giants such as McDonald's (MCD) and Wal-Mart (WMT) over wages paid to workers, Douglas McIntyre thinks the groups should take their fight online.
- He notes Occupy Wall Street died out rather quickly, while online Twitter accounts and Facebook groups can work 24/7 to gain steam.
Sep. 6, 2013, 7:50 AM
- A move by McDonald's (MCD) to move away from a strict Dollar Menu and Extra Value Menu could help ease tension with franchisees, according to restaurant industry analysts.
- Though the company is only testing the new price tiers ($2-$5) for the moment, a national rollout could boost profitability while resolving operational complexities.
McDonalds Corp. engages in the provision of food service retail. Its activities include franchise and operation of McDonalds restaurants globally. The restaurants offer a range of food menu including hamburgers and cheeseburgers, fillet, french fries, salads, sundaes, pies as well as drinks... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR