Tue, May 12, 9:28 AM
Mon, May 11, 5:35 PM
Fri, May 1, 9:53 AM
- U.S. drug wholesaler McKesson (MCK +0.2%) settles investigations from several federal agencies, including the Department of Justice, over suspicious order reporting practices for controlled substances.
- The settlement requires the firm to pay a $150M fine and suspend the registrations of at least three distribution centers for two years. The suspensions will not affect product supply to any customer.
- The company's Landover, MD distribution center is still being investigated for its activities regarding controlled substances.
- McKesson accounted for the settlement in its fiscal year ended March 31.
Thu, Apr. 30, 4:08 PM
- According to Bloomberg, the list of firms that have indicated an interest in Omnicare (NYSE:OCR) include Express Scripts (NASDAQ:ESRX), CVS Health (NYSE:CVS), Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) and McKesson (NYSE:MCK). Initial bids for the $8.5B market cap firm are due in May.
- Previously: Omnicare reportedly exploring sale; trading halted (April 22)
- Previously: Omnicare buyer would need to pay $95/share - UBS (April 23)
Fri, Apr. 17, 10:39 AM
- Heinz is making a big push into mustard in the U.S.
- The Berkshire/3G company has launched its "Ketchup's Got a New Mustard" campaign with a strong focus on its mustard product's use of 100% natural ingredients.
- Heinz and Kraft have a merger in the works that will give the combined company a big slice of the condiments market.
- Major U.S. mustard sellers: Reckitt Benckiser (OTCPK:RBGLY, OTCPK:RBGPF), Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT), ConAgra (NYSE:CAG), and McCormick (NYSE:MCK).
Mon, Mar. 9, 3:34 PM
- Privately-held Intelligent Hospital Systems (IH Systems) acquires AmerisourceBergen Technology Group (ABTG) for an undisclosed sum. The combined companies will operate under the name ARxIUM.
- The new organization will be the most integrated pharmacy technology firm in the industry. Top products include IH Systems' RIVA technology, the only fully automated IV compounding system on the market, and ABTG's workflow and scheduling software.
- ARxIUM will operate out of Winnipeg, Manitoba and Buffalo Grove, IL.
- Related tickers: (ABC +1.3%)(MCK +0.5%)(CAH +1.2%)
Fri, Feb. 6, 5:37 PM
Thu, Feb. 5, 4:51 PM| Thu, Feb. 5, 4:51 PM | Comment!
Thu, Feb. 5, 4:17 PM
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:35 PM
- ACET, ACLS, ADNC, AHL, AIV, ARCW, ASEI, ASYS, ATHN, ATR, ATVI, BCOV, BEBE, BMI, BRKS, BRS, BWLD, CALD, CME, CPST, CTRL, CUTR, DCT, DV, ECHO, ECOM, EGAN, EGOV, ENH, EXPE, FLDM, FLT, FWM, GPRO, HME, IMPV, KIM, KRG, LF, LGF, LNKD, MCK, MRIN, MTD, MXWL, NTGR, NUAN, OLN, ONNN, OUTR, P, PCTY, PDFS, PDM, PXLW, RDEN, RENT, SIMG, SLH, SPF, SPSC, SRCL, SWIR, SYMC, TPX, TSYS, TWTR, UBNT, UEPS, VRSN, WAIR, YELP, YRCW
Wed, Jan. 28, 4:40 PM
Mon, Jan. 26, 7:12 AM
- Under the agreement, Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) will carry and distribute NovaBay's (NYSEMKT:NBY) Avenova, a prescription lid and lash hygiene product for the management of eye conditions such as blepharitis, Meibomian gland dysfunction and associated dry eye, to independent and retail chain pharmacies.
- Combined with NovaBay’s previous distribution agreements with McKesson (NYSE:MCK) and Vision Source, Avenova will now be available to about 90% of U.S. retail pharmacies.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Jan. 20, 9:05 AM
Dec. 11, 2014, 1:21 PM
Nov. 25, 2014, 2:46 PM
- "Not surprisingly, billionaires reduced their energy allocations (NYSEARCA:XLE) during Q3," says Direxion, unveiling the quarterly rebalance for the iBillionaire Index (which serves as the benchmark for the IBLN ETF). Attention was instead shifted to healthcare (NYSEARCA:XLV) and materials (NYSEARCA:XLB), with companies like Humana (NYSE:HUM) and Monsanto (NYSE:MON).
- Also added to the index: TMO, GM, FB, CBS, GOOG, MAS, APD, DAL, NOV, WHR, THC, ABBV.
- Dropped from the index: AIG, MCK, CTSH, MSI, RIG, CI, APC, GPS, MSFT, CMCSA, NFLX, MHFI, WMB, ICE.
- Outlying sectors: Consumer Discretionary (NYSEARCA:XLY) makes up 23.33% of the iBillionaire Index vs. 11.68% for the S&P 500, and Industrials (NYSEARCA:XLI) and financials (NYSEARCA:XLF) make up just 6.67% each of the index vs. 10.44 and 16.30 of the S&P 500, respectively. Consumer Staples (NYSEARCA:XLP) have zero representation in the index vs. 9.7% in the S&P 500.
- Previously: Direxion launched an ETF with iBillionaire today
Nov. 24, 2014, 11:41 AM
- Institutional pharmacy Omnicare (OCR -3%) signs a new five-year agreement with McKesson (MCK +1.8%) covering the sourcing and distribution of branded, specialty and generic pharmaceuticals. The new contract, which builds on their ten-year partnership, adds generic drugs as part of McKesson's OneStop program.
Other News & PR