Mar. 3, 2014, 5:15 PM
- Molycorp (MCP) -5.3% AH after Q4 results show another quarter of losses and a 17% Y/Y drop in revenues attributed to a shifting product mix and lower prices for rare earth minerals and lower volumes of its magnetic powders.
- FY 2013 revenues rose 5%, but negative cash flow from operations totaled $154M for the year and capital expenses totaled $379M; MCP forecasts 2014 capex will total $80M-$90M.
- Says the chlor-alkali plant at its Mountain Pass, Calif., rare earth facility has successfully completed commissioning and is now operational, which MCP expects to facilitate increased production volumes at lower production costs.
- No guidance offered.
Mar. 3, 2014, 4:15 PM
Mar. 3, 2014, 12:10 AM
Mar. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 2, 2014, 9:12 AM
Jan. 2, 2014, 8:28 AM
- Molycorp (MCP) +5% premarket after DA Davidson names it as a Best Pick for 2014, saying MCP is positioned to become "the most prominent, vertically integrated, low-cost supplier of rare earth materials outside of China" following heavy modernization and expansion investments at the key Mountain Pass facility (Briefing.com).
- Application of rare earths in high-growth end markets such as semiconductors, hybrid and electric vehicles, wind turbines and lasers is expected to raise demand at a 9% CAGR through 2016, the firm says.
- Shares are Buy rated with a raised price target of $8 from $6 prior.
Dec. 27, 2013, 12:46 PM
Dec. 27, 2013, 10:41 AM
- Molycorp (MCP +6.9%) rallies sharply in morning trading.
- Perhaps helping to tip sentiment is SA contributor Hawkinvest, who thinks the stock may be poised for gains going into the new year.
- "Many shorts have significant gains [in 2014] and it ... stands to reason that it could be desirable for them to wait until January to cover since this will allow them to defer taxes on the gains for an additional year," the author says.
- The piece also outlines some "longer-term" arguments for owning the stock.
Dec. 19, 2013, 9:38 AM
- Molycorp (MCP +2%) says the final unit of its multi-stage cracking plant at Mountain Pass has completed commissioning and is operational.
- The cracking plant is part of a multi-stage chemical process designed to increase the facility`s rare earth recovery rates, boost production throughput, and contribute to lower unit production costs.
- MCP says the cracking plant and other plants that comprise Mountain Pass will continue to be optimized to increase operating efficiencies and cut costs.
Dec. 3, 2013, 2:24 PM
Nov. 8, 2013, 10:36 AM
- Molycorp (MCP +3.1%) is maintained with a Neutral rating and $5 price target at Goldman Sachs, which sees MCP's demand recovery as a positive though it was offset by weak pricing.
- Goldman likes the improved tone and steady fundamental progress in the Q3 results, including demand recovery for MCP's highest value product, magnetic rare earths (+20% Q/Q) and tangible cost reductions at Mountain Pass (-25% Q/Q) after several quarters of no progress.
- But the positives were somewhat offset by muted expectations for SorbX commercialization and diminished outlook for cerium sales in 2014 which, if not reconciled over the longer term, could negatively impact MCP's ability to hit sub-$10/kg production costs and/or ramp to phase two capacity.
Nov. 7, 2013, 6:22 PM
- Molycorp (MCP) -3.1% AH after missing Q3 earnings and revenue estimates but says demand and prices for rare earth products are recovering from the "worst quarter we have seen in recent memory."
- A Chinese government crackdown on illegal mining and smuggling of rare earths has helped "a semblance of stability" return to industry demand and prices, interim CEO Constantine Karayannopoulos says.
- Q3 revenue fell to $149M from $205M in the year-ago quarter but rose 9% Q/Q.
- The $1.25B expansion of MCP's main mine, Mountain Pass in California, remains on track for full commissioning in the current quarter.
Nov. 7, 2013, 4:10 PM
Nov. 7, 2013, 12:10 AM
- ADES, ADUS, AIRM, AL, ALJ, ANAC, ARAY, AREX, ARNA, ATLS, ATW, AUQ, AVG, BCEI, BEBE, BIO, BNNY, BPZ, CFN, CLNE, CUBE, DAR, DIS, DMD, EAC,EBS, ECPG, ELON, ENOC, EZPW, FEYE, FF, FUEL, FXEN, GERN, GRPN, GXP, HTGC, IL, KRO, KTOS, LCI, LFVN, MCP, MDRX, MITK, MNST, MNTX, MSCC, NES,NFG, NKTR, NOG, NVDA, OCLR, OLED, PCLN, PEGA, PODD, RNDY, SF, SGMS, SLXP, SNTS, SQNM, SWIR, TSRO, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VVC, WIFI, WR, WTR, XNPT, XTEX, YRCW
Nov. 6, 2013, 5:35 PM
- ADES, ADUS, AIRM, AL, ALJ, ANAC, ARAY, AREX, ARNA, ATLS, ATW, AUQ, AVG, BCEI, BEBE, BIO, BNNY, BPZ, CFN, CLNE, CUBE, DAR, DIS, DMD, EAC,EBS, ECPG, ELON, ENOC, EZPW, FEYE, FF, FUEL, FXEN, GERN, GRPN, GXP, HTGC, IL, KRO, KTOS, LCI, LFVN, MCP, MDRX, MITK, MNST, MNTX, MSCC, NES,NFG, NKTR, NOG, NVDA, OCLR, OLED, PCLN, PEGA, PODD, RNDY, SF, SGMS, SLXP, SNTS, SQNM, SWIR, TSRO, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VVC, WIFI, WR, WTR, XNPT,XTEX, YRCW
Oct. 28, 2013, 9:12 AM
MCPIQ vs. ETF Alternatives
Molycorp is the only advanced material manufacturer in the world that both controls a world-class rare earth resource and can produce high-purity, custom engineered rare earth products to meet increasingly demanding customer specifications. With 25 locations across 10 countries, the Company... More
Other News & PR