Jul. 25, 2014, 4:52 AM
- The European Comission has announced that EU antitrust regulators will determine whether to clear Oracle's (NYSE:ORCL) $5.3B bid to buy Micros (NASDAQ:MCRS) by August 29.
- Oracle is looking to continue its fast-expanding cloud business through the new acquisition, and it will be the company's biggest purchase in five years.
Jun. 23, 2014, 8:16 AM
- Earlier rumors had Micros (MCRS) going for about $5B, and final deal for $5.3B works out to $68 per share.
- The purchase is expected to be immediately accretive to Oracle's non-GAAP earnings and to "expand over time," says Oracle CFO Safra Catz.
- MCRS +2.2% premarket to $67.20. ORCL +0.3%.
- Previously: Bloomberg: Oracle close to buying Micros for ~$5B
Jun. 23, 2014, 2:02 AM
- Oracle (ORCL) is expected to announce a $5B acquisition of MICROS Systems (MCRS) this morning. The deal values MICROS at more than $67 a share, a slight premium to its $65.77 Friday close.
- If confirmed, the acquisition would be Oracle's largest deal since it bought Sun Microsystems for $5.6B in 2009.
- ORCL +0.1% AH
Jun. 17, 2014, 12:05 PM
- Bloomberg reports Oracle (ORCL +0.9%) is close to buying leading point-of-sale hardware/software vendor Micros (MCRS +17.6%) for ~$5B.
- Micros has soared on the report; its market cap is currently at $5.05B. Peers NCR (NCR +3.4%), VeriFone (PAY +2.2%), and PAR Technology (PAR +4.6%) are also up. Oracle has ticked higher.
- If the report holds, Oracle will be paying ~24x FY15E (ends June '15) EPS. Micros has a long list of retail/hospitality industry clients that Oracle could offer integrated CRM hardware/software solutions to.
- IBM and SAP have each shown an interest in growing software sales to retailers. However, Big Blue sold its POS hardware business to Toshiba in 2012.
Apr. 16, 2012, 1:32 PMIBM plans to sell its point-of-sale (POS) terminal business to Toshiba (TOSBA.PK) for ¥70B ($870M), according to Nikkei Business, with Toshiba looking to finish the deal by summer. A sale could be a positive for rival POS hardware vendors NCR, Micros (MCRS), and Verifone (PAY). | Apr. 16, 2012, 1:32 PM
Micros Systems Inc is a designer, manufacturer, marketer, and servicer of enterprise applications solutions for the global food and beverage, hotel and retail industries.
Industry: Application Software
Country: United States
Other News & PR