Jun. 23, 2014, 8:16 AM
- Earlier rumors had Micros (MCRS) going for about $5B, and final deal for $5.3B works out to $68 per share.
- The purchase is expected to be immediately accretive to Oracle's non-GAAP earnings and to "expand over time," says Oracle CFO Safra Catz.
- MCRS +2.2% premarket to $67.20. ORCL +0.3%.
- Previously: Bloomberg: Oracle close to buying Micros for ~$5B
Jun. 17, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 17, 2014, 12:50 PM
Jun. 17, 2014, 12:05 PM
- Bloomberg reports Oracle (ORCL +0.9%) is close to buying leading point-of-sale hardware/software vendor Micros (MCRS +17.6%) for ~$5B.
- Micros has soared on the report; its market cap is currently at $5.05B. Peers NCR (NCR +3.4%), VeriFone (PAY +2.2%), and PAR Technology (PAR +4.6%) are also up. Oracle has ticked higher.
- If the report holds, Oracle will be paying ~24x FY15E (ends June '15) EPS. Micros has a long list of retail/hospitality industry clients that Oracle could offer integrated CRM hardware/software solutions to.
- IBM and SAP have each shown an interest in growing software sales to retailers. However, Big Blue sold its POS hardware business to Toshiba in 2012.
Oct. 25, 2013, 6:17 PM
- While NCR (NCR -10.5%) nosedived after releasing mixed Q3 results and reiterating its full-year guidance - 9%-11% revenue growth and EPS of $2.70-$2.80 vs. a consensus of 10.2% growth and $2.76 - fellow point-of-sale hardware vendor Micros (MCRS +4.3%) rallied after beating FQ1 estimates and reiterating FY14 (ends June '14) guidance - revenue of $1.295B-$1.32B and EPS of $2.46-$2.50 vs. a consensus of $1.31B and $2.46.
- NCR's Financial Services unit (52% of revenue, makes ATM systems and other hardware) continued to struggle: sales -4% Y/Y vs. -1% in Q2 due to U.S. and European weakness. Meanwhile, excluding $80M in revenue from recently-acquired Retalix, NCR's Retail Solutions unit only saw 2% growth vs. 6% in Q2.
- The Hospitality business was stronger, rising 25% Y/Y vs. 22% in Q2. Emerging Industries sales were flat after dropping 5% in Q2. On its CC (transcript), NCR admitted demand from major U.S. banks remains sluggish, but added financial services orders in China (+12% Y/Y) and India (+72% Y/Y) are healthier.
- Micros' FQ1 beat was fueled by 9.5% Y/Y North American sales growth. EMEA sales rose 3.6%, and Asia-Pac sales fell 3.3%. Sales to food & beverage industry customers were a bright spot, growing 11.1% Y/Y.
Apr. 25, 2013, 5:55 PM
Apr. 25, 2013, 5:25 PM
Micros (MCRS) sinks 7.65% AH as the company guides below Street estimates for both FQ4 and FY13. The company, whose FQ3 results topped consensus EPS estimates but came up short on the top line, says it now sees non-GAAP EPS of $0.61-0.63 on revenue of $317-333M in FQ4 and non-GAAP EPS of $2.37-2.39 on sales of $1.256- 1.272B for the full year. The Street expects $0.68 per share on 352.12M in sales in FQ4 and $2.42 per share on revenue of 1.31B for FY13. (PR)| Apr. 25, 2013, 5:25 PM
Apr. 25, 2013, 4:45 PMMicros Systems (MCRS): FQ3 EPS of $0.62 beats by $0.01. Revenue of $315.1M (+13.3% Y/Y) misses by $16.29M. Shares -6.5% AH. (PR) | Apr. 25, 2013, 4:45 PM
Jan. 28, 2013, 5:43 PM
Jan. 10, 2013, 2:02 PM
VeriFone (PAY -2%) is lower after RBC downgrades the payment-processing hardware vendor to Sector Perform. The firm is worried about slowing organic growth and recent revenue misses. Concerns about the impact of Square's card reader and iPad register solutions have already weighed (I, II) on VeriFone shares. RBC has also "downgraded" point-of-sale hardware vendor Micros (MCRS -2.1%) to Outperform from Top Pick.| Jan. 10, 2013, 2:02 PM
Aug. 23, 2012, 4:09 PMMicros Systems (MCRS): FQ4 EPS of $0.68 beats by $0.08. Revenue of $302.5M (+10.4% Y/Y) in-line. Shares +5.8% AH. (PR) | Aug. 23, 2012, 4:09 PM
Aug. 26, 2011, 10:12 AM
Aug. 25, 2011, 4:48 PMMICROS Systems (MCRS): FQ4 $0.58 beats by $0.9. Revenue of $274M (+10.4% Y/Y) beats by $3M. Reafirms FY12 guidance. Shares +2.4% AH. (PR). | Aug. 25, 2011, 4:48 PM