Thu, Jan. 14, 4:23 PM
- At the special meeting of MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS) shareholders today, almost all (99.8%) of the votes cast, representing 89.7% of the total shares outstanding, favored the company's acquisition by Pamplona Capital Management LLP for $31.35 per share in cash ($2.7B). The deal should close by the end of the month.
- Previously: Pamplona Capital buys MedAssets for $2.7B (Nov. 2, 2015)
Nov. 2, 2015, 12:48 PM
Nov. 2, 2015, 8:23 AM
- Pamplona Capital Management acquires MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS) for $31.35 per share in cash or ~$2.7B. Pamplona partner Jeremy Gelber, M.D., says, "We are excited to be acquiring this leading healthcare performance improvement platform company that serves four out every five hospitals in the U.S. As a next step to our strategy, we plan to combine the MedAssets Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) segment with our Precyse business to create a leading, end-to-end revenue cycle technology and services business. At the same time, we intend to sell the MedAssets Spend and Clinical resource Management (SCM) business to VHA-UHC Alliance. In each case, we believe these business combinations will enable greater innovation and scale to deliver enhanced clinical, operational and financial performance improvement to positively impact healthcare organizations' outcomes."
- The financial terms of the sales to VHA-UHC are not disclosed. The transaction should close in early 2016.
Nov. 2, 2015, 8:10 AM
- MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS): Q3 EPS of $0.32 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $190M (+8.1% Y/Y) beats by $2.81M.
Nov. 1, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ADUS, AEIS, AHL, AIG, ALDW, ALJ, ALL, AMC, AMCC, ANH, ARE, AVD, CAR, CBT, CDE, CGNX, CHGG, CUTR, CYH, DNB, DWRE, ELNK, ENH, ENS, ES, FN, GGP, GPRE, ININ, INN, KONA, LMNX, MCEP, MDAS, MDU, MIC, NLS, NPTN, NSTG, OHI, OLN, ONDK, OTTR, PLOW, PPS, PQ, PXD, QLYS, RAIL, RNG, RSPP, RTEC, RYN, SANM, SGY, SNHY, SSNC, SSW, TDOC, THC, TNET, TXRH, UIL, UNXL, VGR, VIAV, VNO, WSTC
Aug. 4, 2015, 9:20 AM
Aug. 3, 2015, 6:02 PM
- Activist Starboard Value, which has called for and obtained big changes at many companies, has disclosed a 5.22M-share (8.7%) stake in MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS). (13D filing)
- Starboard has sent an open letter (.pdf) to CEO R. Halsey Wise and MedAssets' board. From the 13D: "In the letter, Starboard expressed its belief, among other things, that the Issuer is deeply undervalued relative to the quality of its assets and the earnings power of its core business. Starboard also outlined in the letter a plan to create significant shareholder value by reducing the Issuer’s operating expenses, improving capital allocation, improving corporate governance and exploring all available strategic alternatives ... Starboard also expressed its belief in the letter that if the Issuer were to pursue Starboard’s plan of action, the stock price of the Issuer could be $37-$46 by the end of 2016."
- The healthcare software/services provider has jumped to $26.99 in AH trading.
Jul. 29, 2015, 4:13 PM
- MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS): Q2 EPS of $0.31 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $190.4M (+8.5% Y/Y) beats by $2.95M.
Jun. 18, 2015, 5:36 PM
Apr. 29, 2015, 4:16 PM
- MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS): Q1 EPS of $0.31 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $185.6M (+8.6% Y/Y) beats by $1.27M.
- Shares -1.2%.
Feb. 18, 2015, 12:51 PM
Feb. 18, 2015, 9:15 AM
Feb. 18, 2015, 8:42 AM
Feb. 17, 2015, 4:50 PM
- MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS): Q4 EPS of $0.39 in-line.
- Revenue of $198.24M (+16.3% Y/Y) beats by $2.94M.
Feb. 17, 2015, 4:26 PM
- The Board of Directors of MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS) appoints R. Halsey Wise as Chairman & CEO effective immediately. He succeeds founder John A. Bardis, who is retiring for personal reasons related to family health issues.
- Mr. Wise joins the company from private investment firm Lime Barrel Advisors where he was founder and CEO.
Feb. 17, 2015, 4:17 PM| Feb. 17, 2015, 4:17 PM