What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:42 PM
- MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS): Q3 EPS of $0.34 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $175.7M (+5.6% Y/Y) beats by $3.19M.
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:02 PM
- MedAssets (MDAS +1.5%) enters into a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held SG-2, LLC for ~$142M in cash. SG-2 provides healthcare market intelligence, strategic analytics and clinical consulting services to hospitals and health systems as well as pharma and device companies.
- MedAssets will fund the transaction with cash on hand and borrowings under its existing credit facility. It is expected to close in 60 - 90 days.
Jul. 30, 2014, 4:50 PM
- MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS): Q2 EPS of $0.30 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $175.4M (+2.7% Y/Y) misses by $0.3M.
Jul. 30, 2014, 4:44 PM
- MedAssets (MDAS +1.3%) Q2 results: Total Net Revenue: $175.4M (+2.8%); Operating Expenses: $153.1M (+1.8%); Operating Income: $22.3M (+9.3%); Net Income: $6.6M (+29.4%); EPS: $0.11 (+37.5%); Quick Assets: $6.0M (+114.3%); CF Ops: $50.8M (-24.9%).
- 2014 Guidance: Net revenue: $$698.0M - 710.0M, SCM: $431.0M - 439.0M, RCM: $266.0M - 272.0M; non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA: $231.0M - 239.0M; GAAP EPS: $0.55 - 0.63; non-GAAP EPS: $1.32 - 1.40.
Jul. 16, 2014, 6:50 PM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:44 PM
- MedAssets (MDAS): Q1 EPS of $0.32 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $170.9M (-1.1% Y/Y) misses by $1.47M.
Feb. 26, 2014, 4:13 PM
- MedAssets, Inc. (MDAS): Q4 EPS of $0.30 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $170.5M (+4.1% Y/Y) beats by $4.86M.
Feb. 26, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM| Feb. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM | 4 Comments
Jan. 2, 2014, 1:25 PM
- Illinois-based Advocate Health Care renews a cost control and quality improvement partnership with MedAssets (MDAS -1.1%) .
- "We have truly transformed our organization, moving from traditional methods of improving financial performance to becoming a progressive supply chain that operates even more closely with our physicians," Advocate says, referencing the benefits the company has recognized from the MDAS' total cost management initiatives. (PR)
Dec. 9, 2013, 2:44 PM
- JPMorgan initiates athenahealth (ATHN +0.1%), Allscripts (MDRX), and MedAssets (MDAS -1.7%) at Overweight, Overweight, and Neutral, respectively.
- On ATHN: The company "offers highly rated products differentiated from competitors' because of SaaS-based functionality and supportive back-office operations." Price target is $155.
- On MDRX: "We believe the growing share of recurring revenues, in part due to the company's large installed physician base, combined with recent bookings trends, sets the company up well for improving trends in 2014." Price target is $18.
- On MDAS: "While we like the company's positioning in both the revenue cycle and group purchasing markets, we are concerned about the impact from utilization trends on the SCM business and the volatility experienced in the RCM business." Price target is $23.
Nov. 25, 2013, 7:59 AM
- KeyBanc upgrades MedAssets (MDAS) to Buy from Hold, with a price target of $25, saying it is tailor-made for the post-Reform health care environment.
- "We view MedAssets as tailor-made for the post-Reform health care environment with hospitals increasingly focused on supply chain efficiencies with their group purchase organizations (GPOs)," analyst Donald Hooker said. "We estimate ~$80 million of potential EBITDA upside (long term) from increased GPO compliance from within MedAssets's existing hospital base, as well as upside from expanded GPO coverage. Patient census and medical supply inflation could further represent upside over time as well."
- "One attractive feature to the story is accelerating free cash flow," the analyst highlights. "... we model free cash flow growth of ~12% in 2014 (to $1.55/share), and we expect MedAssets will be able to reduce its net debt-to-NTM Ebidta ratio to 2.6x at year-end 2014."
- The firm's valuation target assumes a ~10x multiple of its 2014 Ebitda estimate ($239M), which it views as very reasonable for a company with ~5% revenue growth, ~12% free cash flow growth (7.7% yield) and sustainable secular tailwinds related to health care reform.
- MDAS closed at $20.15 Friday, with a 52-week range of $15.88-26.58.
Nov. 12, 2013, 8:51 AM
- MedAssets (MDAS) is taken to Buy from Neutral by B. Riley. The firm thinks weak census trends will be temporary, with a reversal expected in 2014.
- Given that, MedAssets' valuation looks attractive. B. Riley sets a PT of $28 (implying a potential upside of 29.4% from yesterday's close).
Oct. 30, 2013, 5:44 PM
- MedAssets (MDAS): Q3 EPS of $0.31 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $166.4M (+1.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.38M. (PR)
Sep. 16, 2013, 8:34 AM
Jul. 31, 2013, 6:06 PM
- MedAssets (MDAS): Q2 EPS of $0.30 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $170.7M (+4.7% Y/Y) beats by $3.06M. (PR)
MedAssets Inc is a healthcare performance improvement company. It provides technology-enabled products & services helping customers in healthcare organizations, including hospitals, health systems, payers, other service providers & product manufacturers.
Other News & PR