Medidata Solutions, Inc.NASDAQ
Medidata: Why We Went Long And Why IBM Might Acquire It
Tue, Oct. 25, 6:34 AM
Mon, Oct. 24, 5:30 PM
- ABG, AGR, AKS, ASTE, ATI, AXE, BAX, BHI, BPOP, CAT, CIT, CNC, CPLA, CTG, CVLT, CYNO, DD, EAT, EDU, ETR, FBC, FBP, FCAU, FCX, FELE, GBX, GLW, GM, GPK, HUBB, IIVI, JBLU, JNS, KEY, KKR, LLY, LMT, LPT, MAS, MDSO, MINI, MMC, MMM, MRK, NCI, NLSN, NVS, PCAR, PG, PII, PNR, R, RTIX, S, SAVE, SCHN, SERV, SHW, SIR, ST, STAY, TNC, UA, USG, UTX, VLO, WAB, WAT, WDR, WHR, WSO
Wed, Jul. 20, 3:00 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 11:53 AM
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO +10.1%) reported $0.24 Q2 EPS vs. $0.23 expected and record revenues of $114.61M vs. $112.39M expected.
- Subscription revenues also registered company highs coming in at $96.8M.
- Full-year revenue guidance of $450M-$474M reiterated.
- From Medidata chairman and CEO Tarek Sherif: "Our second quarter results come from strong execution across the Company and reflect Medidata’s momentum in driving adoption of our integrated cloud platform."
- Positive earnings attributed to cloud focus and strength have been plentiful this week and Medidata's clinical trial and research cloud services are not an exception.
Wed, Jul. 20, 6:31 AM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:30 PM
Thu, Apr. 21, 6:31 AM
- Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ:MDSO): Q1 EPS of $0.25 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $104.24M (+12.8% Y/Y) beats by $1.02M.
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
- ADS, ALK, AZZ, BANC, BBT, BHE, BIIB, BK, BX, CFG, CLS, COL, DAN, DGX, DHI, DHR, DOV, DST, ERIC, FAF, FCS, FITB, GM, GMT, HOMB, IMAX, JAKK, JCI, KCG, KEY, LAD, LAZ, LUV, MAN, MDSO, MDWD, NUE, NVR, NVS, PBCT, PHM, PII, POOL, PPG, PVTB, RS, SHW, SILC, SNA, SON, STC, SWK, SYNT, TCB, TRV, UA, UNP, USG, UTEK, VZ
Wed, Feb. 10, 1:57 PM
- In addition to missing Q4 revenue estimates (while beating on EPS), Medidata (NASDAQ:MDSO) is guiding for 2016 revenue of $450M-$474M, almost entirely below a $473.9M consensus. No explanation is given in the earnings release for the guidance.
- Non-GAAP net income is expected to rise to $54.5M-$59M from 2015's $50.8M ($0.90/share). The 2016 EPS consensus is at $1.08.
- Billings rose 19% Y/Y in 2015 to $423M, and subscription backlog 19% to $334M. Medidata's client base rose by 26% to 611.
- Subscription revenue totaled $84.6M in Q4, and professional services revenue $14.3M. GAAP operating costs/expenses rose 16% to $67.3M (compares with 11% revenue growth).
- Medidata's Q4 results, earnings release
Wed, Feb. 10, 6:47 AM
- Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG) expands its clinical trial data management technology relationship with Medidata (NASDAQ:MDSO). A user of its Rave product (electronic data capture, management and reporting) since 2008, it will now transition to its Clinical Cloud which includes Designer (study and protocol design), Grants Manager (site budgeting and planning), CTMS (clinical trial management), SQM (site quality management) and Patient Cloud ePRO (electronic patient-reporting outcomes).
- Celgene will also incorporate Insights, which provides advanced metrics, visualizations and a powerful set of industry data and benchmarks.
- Financial terms are not disclosed.
Wed, Feb. 10, 6:37 AM
- Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ:MDSO): Q4 EPS of $0.27 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $98.87M (+10.8% Y/Y) misses by $6.22M.
Tue, Feb. 9, 5:30 PM
Oct. 27, 2015, 6:32 AM
- Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ:MDSO): Q3 EPS of $0.25 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $103.1M (+19.9% Y/Y) misses by $0.39M.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AHGP, AIXG, AKS, AME, AMTD, ARG, ARLP, AVX, AXE, BABA, BAX, BEAV, BMY, BP, BTU, CMCSA, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, ERJ, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, GLW, GPI, GRUB, HCA, HUN, ICLR, IIVI, IMGN, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, LPT, LRN, LXK, MAS, MDC, MDSO, MGLN, MMC, MNI, MRK, MSM, NCI, NVS, ONE, PCAR, PCH, PCRX, PFE, POL, POR, QSR, RAI, RDN, SAVE, SCHN, SEE, SIR, SPG, SPR, ST, SUI, TMUS, TREX, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WM, WSO, WYN, YNDX
Oct. 8, 2015, 12:07 PM
- Michael Pinto, formerly a sales exec at electronic signature software firm DocuSign and before that at SAP, has been named Medidata's (NASDAQ:MDSO) EVP and GM of global sales. He'll report to chief commercial officer Steve Hirschfeld.
- The timing of the announcement - shortly after Medidata's Q3 closed - might have some investors on edge. The cloud clinical R&D software firm is down 16% YTD, and a little over $3 above a 52-week low of $37.01.
Jul. 21, 2015, 10:47 AM
- Medidata (NASDAQ:MDSO) has sold off after beating Q2 estimates and reiterating full-year revenue and net income guidance ($392M-$412M and $47M-$50.5M, respectively). With shares up 25% YTD going into earnings, expectations for the cloud clinical research software vendor were high.
- Business performance: Q2 billings totaled $106M, +36% Y/Y and above revenue of $98.1M; Y/Y growth accelerated from Q1's 21%. A record 52 new customers were added, bringing the total base to 539 (+23% Y/Y). 61% of customers have committed to multiple products, up from 59% at the end of Q1. Subscription revenue +22% Y/Y to $83.9M; professional services -1% to $14.2M.
- Financials: Operating costs/expenses rose 27% Y/Y to $70.2M - R&D spend totaled $22.5M, sales/marketing $25.7M, and G&A $21.9M. Medidata ended Q2 with $472.4M in cash, and $247M in convertible debt.
- Q2 results, PR