The Critical Investor • 29 Comments
Jun. 22, 2015, 9:09 AM
- Midway Gold (NYSEMKT:MDW) says it will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, saying it intends to restructure by attempting to sell non-core assets and resolving various challenges relating to its Pan Mine project.
- MDW says it will maintain "business as usual" operations during the restructuring, and believes its current and anticipated cash resources will be sufficient to pay ongoing expenses.
Mar. 17, 2015, 6:38 AM
- Midway Gold (NYSEMKT:MDW): FY2014 EPS of -$0.19.
Oct. 15, 2014, 8:49 AM
- Midway Gold (NYSEMKT:MDW) appoints William Zisch as CEO, succeeding Kenneth Brunk, who previously announced his retirement.
- Zisch was VP of Operations at Royal Gold.
Sep. 15, 2014, 12:59 PM
- Midway Gold (MDW +8.6%) says it is advancing construction and mining has begun at its Pan Gold Project in Nevada, its first open pit heap leach project, with the leach pad complete and ready for ore.
- MDW says the project is proceeding on a schedule that should allow for gold production to begin late this year, although the schedule for completion has slipped by about a month due to heavy summer rainfall.
Aug. 12, 2014, 9:10 AM
- Midway Gold (NYSEMKT:MDW) announces a significant upgrade in resource and a FY 2014 budget increase at its Spring Valley project in Nevada.
- MDW says drilling has resulted in a 102% increase in measured and indicated oz. to 4.37M oz., as well as a 20% increase in the M&I gold grade.
- MDW also says it will become a 25% joint venture partner, to be carried to production by Barrick Gold free of any additional payments or capital outlays.
Aug. 6, 2014, 10:45 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 9:21 AM
- Midway Gold (NYSEMKT:MDW): Q2 EPS of -$0.04
May 29, 2014, 5:43 PM
- Midway Gold (MDW) -4.9% AH after a syndicate of underwriters agrees to buy 30.1M common shares at $0.83 each, raising ~$25M.
- MDW says it intends to use the proceeds to fund the construction and working capital for the Pan project, Gold Rock development and permitting, and general corporate purposes.
May 22, 2014, 3:22 PM
- Midway Gold (MDW +21.2%) says it signed a binding commitment letter with Commonwealth Bank of Australia for a $55M senior secured project finance facility for the development of the Pan Gold Mine in Nevada.
- Shares resume after a trading halt.
May 7, 2014, 8:45 AM
- Midway Gold Corp (MDW): Q1 EPS of -$0.05.
Dec. 20, 2013, 2:49 PM
- Midway Gold (MDW -1%) says it received a signed record of decision on the final environmental impact statement for its Pan gold project in Nevada, representing the final step in the federal permitting process and allowing construction to begin.
- CEO Ken Brunk calls the advance from notice of intent to the record of decision in 20 months a "groundbreaking accomplishment."
- Trading resumes after a halt.
Nov. 6, 2013, 9:09 AM
- Midway Gold (MDW): Q3 EPS of $0.05. (PR)
Nov. 21, 2012, 3:21 PM
Midway Gold (MDW +8.2%) shares pop after a trading halt, as the company announces it has arranged a $70M private placement financing of five-year 8% convertible Series A Preferred shares at $1.85/share.| Nov. 21, 2012, 3:21 PM | 1 Comment
Jun. 6, 2012, 3:49 PM
Stifel Nicolaus initiates Midway Gold (MDW -2%) at Buy, foreseeing production of 150K-200K ounces annually with strong cash flow while retaining a prospective exploration upside. "In an environment where capital and operating cost inflation has marginalized large development projects, MDW's assets generally represent a portfolio of high return, technically simple, compact projects."| Jun. 6, 2012, 3:49 PM | 1 Comment
Feb. 29, 2012, 9:14 AM
Sep. 23, 2011, 9:00 AM