Mediwound IPO Suggests Upside For Others In Wound Care
- Newly listed MediWound performed well during its first two days of trading, up nearly 30% from IPO price.
- Though MediWound is the new shiny toy, there are other less covered wound care companies that present attractive investment opportunities.
- Alliqua and Sanuwave have validated technologies through their recent developments and offer upcoming catalysts to continue adding value to investors.
- Manufacturing and commercializing products to address unmet needs in the fields of severe burns, chronic and hard-to-heal wounds and connective tissue disorders.
- Launched its first product in Europe in December 2013.
- Plans to initiate a Phase 3 pivotal study in the United States in the first half of 2014.
- MDWD, a biopharmaceutical firm, developing treatments for severe burns, plans to raise $75.0 million in its upcoming IPO.
- MDWD will offer 5.0 million shares at an expected price range of $14-$16 per share.
- We rate this IPO a buy. MDWD has already brought its product NexoBrid to market in the EU and will likely do so in the US soon.
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:32 PM
Nov. 1, 2014, 6:06 PM
Jul. 31, 2014, 8:57 AM
Jul. 31, 2014, 6:44 AM
Jul. 16, 2014, 8:30 AM| Comment!
Jul. 14, 2014, 5:37 PM
May. 21, 2014, 8:03 AM
- Israel-based MediWound (MDWD) initiates a Phase 2 clinical trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of EscharEx compared to gel vehicle as a treatment for a variety of chronic and hard-to-heal wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers, venous ulcers and post-surgical or post-traumatic wounds. The 72-patient 10-site study will assess non-viable tissue removal (debridement), wound bed preparation and wound healing in addition to other endpoints.
- The company states that there are 14M people in the U.S. and Europe who suffer from chronic wounds costing a total of $25B.
May. 2, 2014, 6:13 AM
Mar. 20, 2014, 4:04 PM
- IPO MediWound (MDWD) closes at $17.27 up 23% today on 4.2M shares giving it a market cap of $364M.
- The Israel-based biopharmaceutical company focuses on severe burns, chronic and hard-to-heal wounds and connective tissue disorders.
- Its lead product, NexoBrid, is a topical gel for the removal of eschar (debridement).
- The firm launched NexoBrid in Europe in December 2013.
- A phase 3 clinical trial will commence in the U.S. by June.
- No sales as of year end.
- Operations burned $8M in 2013.
MDWD vs. ETF Alternatives
MediWound Ltd is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing, manufacturing and commercializing novel products to address unmet needs in the fields of severe burns, chronic and other hard-to-heal wounds and connective tissue disorders.
Other News & PR