Tue, Jan. 26, 8:40 AM
- Metro Bancorp (NASDAQ:METR): Q4 EPS of $0.41 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $32.97M (-0.5% Y/Y) misses by $1.81M.
Oct. 26, 2015, 8:09 AM
- Metro Bancorp (NASDAQ:METR) declares $0.07/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 0.89%
- Payable Nov. 23; for shareholders of record Nov. 4; ex-div Nov. 2.
Oct. 26, 2015, 8:05 AM
- Metro Bancorp (NASDAQ:METR): Q3 EPS of $0.44 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $33.4M (+2.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.94M.
Oct. 13, 2015, 2:36 PM
- With a sluggish economy and low rates making for a challenging banking environment, lenders are subject to growing ranks of shareholder activists, reports SNL Financial.
- A bank with an ROE in the 5-6% range when the cost of capital is closer to 9% or 10% is going to make for a ripe target, says RBC's Gerard Cassidy. And those activists have an ally in proxy advisory firms which have recently been in favor of the shareholders instead of management teams, says Sandler O'Neill's Emmett Daly. Daly notes the pending sale of Metro Bancorp (NASDAQ:METR) to F.N.B. Corp. (NYSE:FNB) - Metro went from having no activists to a handful. "I don't think anyone is too strong," says Daly.
- Other campaigns include Trian and Bank of New York Mellon (NYSE:BK) and State Street (NYSE:STT), Greenlight and Citizens Financial (NYSE:CFG) and CIT Group (NYSE:CIT), and Basswood and First California (NASDAQ:FCAL), Bank of California (NYSE:BANC), Hudson Valley Holding (NYSE:HVB), Synovus (NYSE:SNV), Astoria (NYSE:AF), and the above-mentioned Metro.
Aug. 4, 2015, 12:45 PM
Aug. 4, 2015, 12:32 PM
- The purchase of Harrisburg-based Metro Bancorp (METR +22.8%) will boost F.N.B. Bancorp's (FNB -2.5%) central PA presence with $3B in total assets, $2.4B in deposits, $2.1B of loans, and 32 banking offices.
- After the deal, F.N.B. will have $19.6B in assets, $14.7B in deposits, $13.7B of loans, and more than 300 offices.
- Metro owners will receive 2.373 shares of FNB stock for each share of Metro they hold, valuing the deal at about $32.72 per share, or $474M.
- FNB expects EPS accretion in year one of 4% on a GAAP basis and 6% on a cash basis. Tangible book value per share is expected to be diluted by about 3%, with an earnback period of just under five years.
- Closing is expected in 2016's Q1.
- Conference call is set for 2 ET
Jul. 29, 2015, 9:01 AM
- Metro Bancorp (NASDAQ:METR): Q2 EPS of $0.40 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $34M (+8.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.43M.
Apr. 23, 2015, 8:40 AM
- Metro Bancorp (NASDAQ:METR): Q1 EPS of $0.39 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $33.62M (+10.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.62M.
Jan. 26, 2015, 9:08 AM
- Metro Bancorp (NASDAQ:METR) declares $0.07/share quarterly dividend.
- Forward yield 1.08%
- Payable Feb. 25; for shareholders of record Feb. 4; ex-div Feb. 2.
Jan. 26, 2015, 8:33 AM
- Metro Bancorp (NASDAQ:METR): Q4 EPS of $0.38 in-line.
- Revenue of $33.14M (+5.9% Y/Y) beats by $0.94M.
Oct. 23, 2014, 8:40 AM
- Metro Bancorp (NASDAQ:METR): Q3 EPS of $0.38 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $32.48M (+6.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.08M.
Oct. 14, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Metro Bancorp (NASDAQ:METR) plans to declare annual dividend of $0.28/share, payable quarterly, representing an annual yield of 1.20%.
- The dividend payable will commence in first quarter of 2015.
Apr. 24, 2014, 9:09 AM
- Metro Bancorp (METR): Q1 EPS of $0.34 beats by $0.04.
Feb. 7, 2014, 12:41 PM
- Liquidity is becoming an issue at many community and regional banks, says Sterne Agee's Matthew Kelley, noting growing loan-to-deposit ratios. Bank runs are not the worry, but keeping loan pipelines well funded is, and a number of smaller players could be acquisition targets for lenders looking to boost deposits.
- Kelley's list of 12 possibilities in the Northeast: Westfield Financial (WFD +0.1%), Century Bancorp (CNBKA -0.9%), Hudson Valley Holding (HVB +0.1%), Republic First (FRBK +1%), Metro Bancorp (METR +0.4%), Suffolk Bancorp (SUBK +3.3%), Citizens and Northern (CZNC +0.3%), Sun Bancorp (SNBC), First Niagara (FNFG +1.7%), Orrstown Financial (ORRF +0.4%), Camden National (CAC +0.5%), Cambridge Bancorp (CATC +0.2%).
- Under pressure to raise deposits? Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ -0.6%) - whose loan-to-deposit ratio rose to 105.5% in Q4 from 102.5% a year earlier. Investors Bancorp (ISBC) with a ratio of 120%, New York Community Bancorp (NYCB), Astoria Financial (AF +0.8%), and People's United (PBCT +0.2%).
Jan. 27, 2014, 8:38 AM
- Metro Bancorp (METR): Q4 EPS of $0.34 vs. $0.24 in 4Q12. (PR)
Oct. 21, 2013, 8:40 AM
- Metro Bancorp (METR): Q3 EPS of $0.33 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $30.4M beats by $0.5M. (PR)