Thu, May 5, 10:42 AM
- Q1 core earnings of $905M or $0.44 per share vs. $797M and $0.39 one year ago. Core ROE is flat at 9.3%.
- CEO Donald Guloien notes core earnings grew 14% Y/Y despite zero contributions from investment gains this year.
- Insurance sales of $954M up 14% Y/Y, with Asia sales up 36%. Canadian sales down 28%. U.S. sales up 4%.
- Net flows of $1.7B into wealth and asset management vs. $6.6B a year ago. Other wealth sales of $2.4B up 29%, led by 76% growth in Asia.
- Previously: Manulife Financial EPS in-line (May 5)
- MFC's 2.8% gain today makes up for much of the big drop earlier this week as investors extrapolated weak results at other insurers onto Manulife.
Thu, May 5, 6:09 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Thu, Feb. 11, 6:12 AM
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Nov. 12, 2015, 10:13 AM
- “Net income was negatively impacted by investment experience, principally oil and gas valuation changes, as well as the charges associated with our annual actuarial review," says CEO Donald Guloien, as the company missed C$0.46 per share estimates by $0.03.
- Manulife (MFC -2.8%) took a C$220M Q3 charge for oil and gas investments versus a C$370M gain booked one year ago. The company has C$13.4B in energy debt paper and private placement debt, up from C$11.7B a year earlier. "We remain committed to this sector and it is our view that oil prices are currently below the economic level required to meet demand on a long-term basis," says CIO Warren Thomson.
- Core earnings - which strips out the impact of interest rates and investments - of C$870M rose 15% from a year ago.
- Previously: Manulife Financial misses by C$0.03, misses on revenue (Nov. 12)
Nov. 12, 2015, 6:04 AM
- Manulife Financial (NYSE:MFC): Q3 EPS of C$0.43 misses by C$0.03.
- Revenue of C$11.43B (+3.5% Y/Y) misses by C$1.84B.
Aug. 6, 2015, 6:15 AM
- Manulife Financial (NYSE:MFC): Q2 EPS of $0.44 in-line.
May 7, 2015, 6:00 AM
- Manulife Financial (NYSE:MFC): Q1 EPS of C$0.39 misses by C$0.03.
- Revenue of C$15.81B (+11.5% Y/Y)
May 6, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACHN, ACRE, AEE, AGIO, AKRX, ALE, ALU, AMRC, APA, APO, ARCP, ARIA, AXAS, BABA, BDBD, BDX, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDW, CECE, CHD, CNK, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COT, COTY, CRIS, CSIQ, DFT, DNOW, DWRE, ENZY, FIG, FSYS, GLP, GOGO, GOLD, GSM, HII, HILL, HL, HPT, INSY, INXN, IRC, IT, KATE, LEAF, LIOX, LPI, LQDT, LXP, MFC, MGA, MITL, MMS, MPEL, MPW, MT, MWW, MZOR, NCLH, NICE, NJR, NRP, NXST, OGE, ONE, OWW, PCLN, PDCE, PGEM, PMC, PPL, PRFT, RDEN, REGN, RESI, REV, RFP, RGEN, RICE, RRD, RSTI, RWLK, SATS, SEAS, SFY, SNAK, SNI, SPH, SRPT, SSTK, STE, SUNE, TA, TAP, TDC, THS, TIME, TLM, TLP, TU, USAC, VC, VTG, WAC, WIN, WPG, WPP, WRES
Feb. 12, 2015, 11:03 AM
- Q4 core earnings (all Canadian dollars) of $713M or $0.36 per share vs. $685M and $0.35 one year ago, but fell short of estimates for $0.42. Core ROE of 9%.
- CEO Donald Guloien: "Core earnings, due to a variety of experience factors, were below our plan. Also, the macro environment, including low interest rates, produces headwinds for 2015."
- Canadian insurance sales up 6%, with wealth sales down 8%. U.S. insurance sales rose 12%, with wealth sales flat.
- AUM of $691B vs. $599B a year ago.
- Previously: Manulife Financial misses by C$0.06 (Feb. 12)
- MFC -3.2%
Feb. 12, 2015, 5:58 AM
- Manulife Financial (NYSE:MFC): Q4 EPS of C$0.36 misses by C$0.06.
- Revenue of C$16.02B (+127.9% Y/Y)
Feb. 11, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AAWW, AB, ACOR, ANR, APA, AVP, BG, BWA, CAB, CCE, COR, CPLA, CS, CVE, DBD, DPS, FAF, FLO, GNC, HE, HERO, HIMX, HSP, IFF, INCY, JAH, K, LMNS, LNCE, LPNT, MANU, MDWD, MFA, MFC, MHFI, MINI, MPEL, MPW, NCI, NLSN, NNN, NRP, NWE, PDS, PNK, Q, RDN, RTIX, RWLK, RYN, SCOR, SHPG, SKYW, SNI, SON, SPW, STC, THS, TIME, TU, VG, VNTV, WD, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Nov. 13, 2014, 6:37 AM
- Manulife Financial (NYSE:MFC): Q3 EPS of C$0.39
- Revenue of C$11.03B (+74.8% Y/Y)
Aug. 7, 2014, 10:35 AM
- Q2 core income of $701M or $0.36 per share vs. $609M and $0.31 one year ago. Core ROE of 9.6% vs. 10%.
- Insurance sales growth (excluding group benefits) up 10% Y/Y.
- Wealth sales of $13.3B down 7%. Net flows of more than $6B.
- Dividend boosted 19% to $0.155 per share. Target dividend payout ratio is 35%.
- Previously: Manulife Financial EPS of C$0.36
- MFC +0.5%
Manulife Financial Corp. provides financial protection and wealth management products and services. Its products and services include individual life insurance, group life and health insurance, long-term care insurance, pension products, annuities and mutual funds. The company also provides... More
Industry: Life Insurance
Other News & PR