Mon, Nov. 23, 11:47 AM
- Ten retailers are expected to post adjusted profit growth of 40% or better in Q4, according to data from S&P Capital IQ.
- The list includes companies boosting the bottom line through acquisitions, mergers, cost-cutting, and sales leverage.
- Expected Q4 profit growth: Fred's (NASDAQ:FRED) 710%, Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) 261.2%, Tile Shop (NASDAQ:TTS) 137.4%, Chico's (NYSE:CHS) 51.9%, Office Depot (NASDAQ:ODP) 49.4%, Mattress Firm (NASDAQ:MFRM) 45.6%, Shoe Carnival (NASDAQ:SCVL) 44.4%, Francesca Holdings (NASDAQ:FRAN) 44.4%, Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY) 42%, Ascena Retail (NASDAQ:ASNA) 41.5%.
- Of the bunch of high-flyers, only Shoe Carnival trades with a price-to-earnings ratio of below 20.
Thu, Oct. 22, 1:47 PM
Fri, Sep. 11, 5:37 PM
Fri, Sep. 11, 12:44 PM
Fri, Sep. 11, 9:11 AM
Fri, Sep. 11, 8:24 AM
- Mattress Firm (NASDAQ:MFRM) appoints Rob Killgore to be its chief operating officer.
- Kilgore was serving the company as a co-chief operating officer.
- Earlier today, Mattress Firm released Q2 earnings.
- Previously: Mattress Firm Holding misses by $0.05, misses on revenue (Sep. 11 2015)
- Previously: New stores pad top line at Mattress Firm in FQ2 (Sep. 11 2015)
- MFRM -12.2% premarket to $53.00.
Fri, Sep. 11, 7:40 AM
- Mattress Firm (NASDAQ:MFRM) reported a 2.8% gain in comparable-store sales during FQ2 to mark the company's eighth quarter in a row with a positive comp.
- Total sales were up 61% to $661.1M with 71 new stores opened. Mattress Firm had 2,223 stores in operation at the end of the quarter.
- Guidance: Mattress Firm expects revenue of $2.53M-$2.55B for the full fiscal year vs. $2.50B consensus and adjusted EPS of $2.30-$2.45 vs. $2.59 consensus.
- Previously: Mattress Firm Holding misses by $0.05, misses on revenue
Fri, Sep. 11, 7:34 AM
Thu, Sep. 10, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jul. 15, 8:14 AM
Wed, Jun. 10, 5:38 PM
Tue, Jun. 9, 4:55 PM
- Mattress Firm (NASDAQ:MFRM) reports comparable-store sales rose 1.3% in FQ1.
- Adjusted operating income rate -80 bps to 5.2% due in part to some sales and marketing expenses deleveraging.
- Store count +69 net to 2,163.
- The company expects revenue of $2.485B-$2.535B in FY15 vs. $2.49B consensus. Adjusted EBITDA is seen rising 44%. New store growth of 220 to 240 net of closures is anticipated.
- Previously: Mattress Firm Holding misses by $0.06, misses on revenue
- MFRM -1.1% after hours.
Tue, Jun. 9, 4:10 PM
Mon, Jun. 8, 5:35 PM
Tue, May 5, 10:58 AM
- Mattress Firm (MFRM -2.5%) trades lower after Piper Jaffray downgrades the stock to a Neutral rating after having it slotted previously at Overweight.
- Piper sets a price target of $62 on MFRM.
- Yesterday, Mattress Firm disclosed that CEO Stephen Stagner peeled off a minor amount of shares.
- SEC Form 4
Wed, Apr. 22, 8:22 AM
- Wedbush Securities sees bullish trends in the mattress and bedding sector.
- The investment firm doles out Outperform ratings to both Mattress Firm (NASDAQ:MFRM) and Tempur-Pedic (NYSE:TPX).
- A monthly read of bedding sales by the International Sleep Products Association showed strong growth rates in February and March.
- Previously: Select Comfort seen running to new heights
Mattress Firm Holding Corp is engaged in retail sale of mattresses and bedding-related products in various metropolitan areas in the United States through company-operated and franchisee-operated mattress specialty stores.
Other News & PR