Jun. 10, 2015, 11:03 AM
- A good part of the automobile supplier sector is ahead of broad market averages with M&A buzz in the background.
- Though Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne has been making quite a bit of noise on the need for major automakers to consolidate, analysts think it's the suppliers with the most to gain from strategic mergers with next-gen vehicles going in different directions.
- Gainers: Lear (NYSE:LEA) +2.0%, Motorcar Parts of America (NASDAQ:MPAA), Cooper-Standard (NYSE:CPS) +2.4%, Strattec Security (NASDAQ:STRT) +1.4%, Gentherm (NASDAQ:THRM) +3.0%, Magna International (NYSE:MGA) +1.7%, American Axle & Manufacturing (NYSE:AXL) +1.5%, Tower International (NYSE:TOWR) +1.5%, Standard Motor Products (NYSE:SMP) +2.2%.
- Previously: Lennox International higher on report of Johnson Controls interest (Jun. 10 2015)
- Previously: Johnson Controls +6% after announcing strategic review (Jun. 10 2015)
May 27, 2015, 7:33 AM| May 27, 2015, 7:33 AM
May 7, 2015, 8:03 AM
- Magna International (NYSE:MGA): Q1 EPS of $1.12 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $8.33B (-7.0% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Apr. 3, 2015, 8:57 AM
- Toyota (NYSE:TM) is set to spend $1.25B on new plants in China and Mexico, sources tell the Wall Street Journal.
- The plants would be the first new production facilities for the Japanese automaker since 2012 after it shifted to a more conservative stance.
- Additional capacity from the new Toyota plants could total several hundred thousand vehicles per year to start and tip off a new philosophy.
- Toyota is expected to keep producing vehicles at a +10M unit annual pace for the next few years even before any new plants come online.
- Denso Corp. (OTCPK:DNZOF, OTCPK:DNZOY) and Toyota Boshuku (OTC:TDBOF, OTCPK:TDBOY) are major suppliers to Toyota and could see a lift from the boost in capacity. Both firms are backed by Toyota Group.
- Other suppliers to Toyota include Tenneco (NYSE:TEN), Dana Holdings (NYSE:DAN), Magna International (NYSE:MGA), and BorgWarner (NYSE:BWA) to name just a few.
Feb. 25, 2015, 6:11 AM
- Magna International (NYSE:MGA): Q4 EPS of $2.44 beats by $0.19.
- Revenue of $9.4B (+2.5% Y/Y) beats by $320M.
Feb. 24, 2015, 5:30 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 6:03 AM
- Magna International (NYSE:MGA): Q3 EPS of $2.19 beats by $0.22.
- Revenue of $8.82B (+5.8% Y/Y) beats by $60M.
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACT, ANSS, ARIA, ATHM, AVA, AWR, AXAS, BBEP, BPI, BSFT, CBB, CCC, CEQP, CHK, CLH, CNP, COV, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DNR, DUK, EE, ENB, ENDP, FSS, GLDD, GTN, HFC, HL, HRC, INXN, KELYA, LAMR, LPX, LVLT, MDLZ, MEMP, MGA, MNTA, MVIS, NICE, NRG, NUS, OGE, PWE, PWR, RDC, RLGY, ROC, RRD, RTI, SBGI, SE, SEP, SMG, SSYS, STWD, SWC, THI, TMHC, TRGT, TW, TWX, VG, VOYA, WCG, WIX, YORW
Aug. 8, 2014, 5:43 AM
- Magna International (NYSE:MGA): Q2 EPS of $2.32 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $9.46B (+5.6% Y/Y) beats by $100M.
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:30 PM
May 8, 2014, 8:07 AM
- Magna International (MGA): Q1 EPS of $1.76 may not be comparable to consensus of $1.98.
- Revenue of $8.96B (+7.2% Y/Y) beats by $50M.
May 7, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AEE, AES, AGO, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, APA, APO, BBEP, BCRX, BDBD, BITA, BPI, CAJ, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDW, CECE, CECO, CRIS, CRNT, CSTE, CVC, DF, DISH, DNDN, FLY, FSYS, FUN, FXCM, GBDC, GLP, GOLD, GTN, GTXI, HCN, HII, HIMX, HSC, ICE, IRC, JASO, KEM, KERX, LIOX, LNCE, LPI, LPX, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MGA, MMS, MNK, MPEL, NICE, NPSP, NXST, NXTM, ONE, PCLN, PCP, PKD, POZN, PRFT, REGN, RGEN, RSTI, SKYW, SNI, SPH, SRPT, STE, SUNE, TDC, THS, VC, VITC, VNDA, VRX, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV.
Mar. 3, 2014, 5:58 AM
- Magna International Inc. (MGA): Q4 EPS of $2.03
- Revenue of $9.17B (+14.2% Y/Y) beats by $300M.
Mar. 3, 2014, 12:05 AM
Mar. 2, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 6, 2013, 5:40 AM
- Magna (MGA): Q3 EPS of $1.39.
- Revenue of $8.34B (+13% Y/Y) beats by $0.11B. (PR)
Magna International, Inc. designs, develops and manufactures automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineers and assembles complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers of cars and light trucks in North America, Europe, Asia, South America and... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Auto Parts
Other News & PR