What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Mon, Feb. 1, 12:48 PM
Mon, Feb. 1, 11:22 AM
Mon, Jan. 4, 2:49 PM
- Incoming MoneyGram (MGI -3.8%) CEO Alex Holmes last week said he anticipates mergers in the remittance industry, noting 96 players in the $24B market for transferring cash from the U.S. to Mexico. "I would like them to go away ... I would like to buy them all."
- Analyst Mark Palmer expects it more likely that MGI is acquired rather than becoming an acquirer, and he sees Western Union (WU -2%) as the most likely buyer. He reminds of the positive market reaction in Western Union stock last May on rumors of a deal to buy MoneyGram.
- While a purchase of MoneyGram wouldn't help necessarily help Western Union adapt to the new realities of mobile and online, it would add customers and plenty of opportunity for cost-cutting.
Dec. 29, 2015, 8:00 AM
Oct. 30, 2015, 7:17 AM
- MoneyGram (NASDAQ:MGI) names Lawrence Angelilli as the new CFO of the company.
- Angelilli replaces Alexander Holmes who is moving to the CEO position on January 1.
- The exec was serving at MoneyGram as Senior Vice President, Treasurer.
Oct. 30, 2015, 7:03 AM
- MoneyGram (NASDAQ:MGI): Q3 EPS of $0.24 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $368.6M (+3.0% Y/Y) beats by $6M.
Oct. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM| Oct. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM | 19 Comments
Sep. 17, 2015, 9:08 AM
- MoneyGram (NASDAQ:MGI) strikes an agreement with Cotacao DTVM to offer money transfer services in Brazil.
- The company opened an office earlier this year.
Jul. 31, 2015, 12:46 PM
Jul. 31, 2015, 9:33 AM
- MoneyGram (MGI +14%) pops in early trading after a strong Q2 report and announcing a new CEO will take the helm.
- The company reported a 13% rise in U.S. outbound transactions in Q2 and 16% increase is non-U.S. send transactions.
- U.S.-to-U.S. transactions were off 22% vs. -37% in Q1. The impact of Walmart launching its own money service is a significant factor for the domestic business.
- Previously: MoneyGram beats by $0.08, beats on revenue
- Previously: MoneyGram names new CEO
Jul. 31, 2015, 7:20 AM
Jul. 31, 2015, 7:05 AM
- MoneyGram (NASDAQ:MGI): Q2 EPS of $0.23 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $358.8M (-3.7% Y/Y) beats by $12.05M.
Jul. 30, 2015, 5:30 PM
May 28, 2015, 9:02 AM
- MoneyGram (NASDAQ:MGI) renews a contract with Supervalu to cover money transfer services at stores in six states.
- The partnership between the two companies dates back to 2002.
May 6, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 6, 2015, 11:25 AM
- A combination of MoneyGram (MGI +28.2%) and Western Union (WU +7.2%) would give the new entity a money transfer market share of close to 20%, notes Financial Post.
- JP Morgan thinks a merger would include equity due to MoneyGram's high debt load.
- That development could cut into buybacks for Western Union and dent its credit rating.
- If a deal for MoneyGram is struck at $10 to $11, JP sees EPS accretion.
- Previously: Western Union reportedly in talks to buy MoneyGram; MGI +34.6% (May. 05 2015)
Other News & PR