Tue, Sep. 6, 1:00 PM
Tue, Sep. 6, 9:47 AM
- MoneyGram (MGI -2.4%) announced it launched a new money transfer platform with long-time partner Wal-Mart.
- The company says the upgraded Walmart.Moneygram.com site is built on MoneyGram's new cutting-edge MTaaS (Money Transfer as a Service) platform.
- "MTaaS offers a third party solution to our strategic business partners looking for a powerful online site to connect with customers that can also be branded and updated easily," says a top MoneyGram exec.
- Source: Press Release
Fri, Jul. 29, 1:31 PM
- Moneygram International (NASDAQ:MGI) falls 9% after setting guidance below expectations.
- The company now sees revenue growth of 7% to 9% this year vs. 8% to 10% prior view. Economic and geopolitical issues are cited as headwinds.
- The outlook for EBITDA growth is held at 9% to 11%, with "discliplined expense management" planned.
Fri, Jul. 29, 1:00 PM
Fri, Jul. 29, 7:04 AM
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:30 PM
Wed, May 25, 8:13 AM
Fri, Apr. 29, 7:04 AM
Thu, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM| Thu, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM | 3 Comments
Tue, Apr. 5, 12:34 PM
- Donald Trump reveals he would limit money transfers to Mexico as part of his plan to force Mexico to pay for a massive wall along the border. The GOP candidate wants a one-time payment of $5B to $10B to pay for the project.
- There's no sense of panic among investors of money transfer firms Western Union (WU -0.8%), PayPal (PYPL -0.9%), and MoneyGram (MGI +0.7%) which would see a decline in business in the unlikely event the proposal became a reality.
Fri, Feb. 12, 12:48 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 4:03 PM
- MoneyGram (NASDAQ:MGI): Q4 EPS of $0.23 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $376.7M (+7.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.54M.
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Mon, Feb. 1, 12:48 PM
Mon, Feb. 1, 11:22 AM
- MoneyGram (NASDAQ:MGI) is up 25% after signing a new three-year deal with Wal-Mart.
- The threat of Wal-Mart building out its own money transfer services has been an overhang on MoneyGram.
Mon, Jan. 4, 2:49 PM
- Incoming MoneyGram (MGI -3.8%) CEO Alex Holmes last week said he anticipates mergers in the remittance industry, noting 96 players in the $24B market for transferring cash from the U.S. to Mexico. "I would like them to go away ... I would like to buy them all."
- Analyst Mark Palmer expects it more likely that MGI is acquired rather than becoming an acquirer, and he sees Western Union (WU -2%) as the most likely buyer. He reminds of the positive market reaction in Western Union stock last May on rumors of a deal to buy MoneyGram.
- While a purchase of MoneyGram wouldn't help necessarily help Western Union adapt to the new realities of mobile and online, it would add customers and plenty of opportunity for cost-cutting.