MoneyGram International - 327,000 Locations Driving Returns To Your Investment
Fri, Feb. 12, 12:48 PM
Mon, Feb. 1, 12:48 PM
Mon, Feb. 1, 11:22 AM
- MoneyGram (NASDAQ:MGI) is up 25% after signing a new three-year deal with Wal-Mart.
- The threat of Wal-Mart building out its own money transfer services has been an overhang on MoneyGram.
Jul. 31, 2015, 12:46 PM
Jul. 31, 2015, 9:33 AM
- MoneyGram (MGI +14%) pops in early trading after a strong Q2 report and announcing a new CEO will take the helm.
- The company reported a 13% rise in U.S. outbound transactions in Q2 and 16% increase is non-U.S. send transactions.
- U.S.-to-U.S. transactions were off 22% vs. -37% in Q1. The impact of Walmart launching its own money service is a significant factor for the domestic business.
- Previously: MoneyGram beats by $0.08, beats on revenue
- Previously: MoneyGram names new CEO
May 6, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 6, 2015, 9:11 AM
May 5, 2015, 5:28 PM
Feb. 12, 2015, 5:36 PM
Oct. 31, 2014, 12:47 PM
Oct. 31, 2014, 8:09 AM
- MoneyGram International (NASDAQ:MGI) reports a 3% drop in money transfer transaction during Q3. The mark is +11% if transactions from Wal-Mart are backed out of the comparison.
- U.S.-to-U.S. transactions -37% Y/Y.
- U.S. outbound transactions +15%.
- The company notes that a white label product from Wal-Mart impacted its level of business activity during the quarter.
- MGI -10.4% premarket.
Apr. 21, 2014, 3:46 PM
- "When Wal-Mart commissions are deducted, it will result in about a 9% reduction to gross profit," says S&P analyst Igor Koyfman, as the agency affirms MoneyGram International's (MGI -14.2%) BB- rating, but cuts the outlook to negative from stable.
- Wal-Mart represents about 26% of MGI's total revenue in Q4, says S&P ... "this level of agent-client concentration is a risk."
- Earlier coverage of the Wal-Mart move and repercussions.
Apr. 21, 2014, 12:46 PM
Apr. 21, 2014, 11:29 AM
- Don't buy the dip in MoneyGram (MGI -13.1%), advises JMP Securities
- The view from the investment firm is that close to a third of the payment services company's pre-tax earnings are at risk due to Wal-Mart's new money transfer service.
- Shares of MGI are tracking toward recording a second consecutive double-digit decline.
Apr. 17, 2014, 12:47 PM
Apr. 17, 2014, 10:06 AM
- Wal-Mart (WMT +0.2%) announces the launch of Walmart-2-Walmart Money Transfer Service at more than 4K of its stores in the U.S. The company is partnering with Euronet (EEFT +4.2%) on the initiative.
- The money transfer service is significantly cheaper than alternatives, according to Wal-Mart.
- Sector watch: Shares of Western Union (WU -5.8%), Xoom (XOOM -2.7%), Green Dot (GDOT -1.8%), and Moneygram (MGI -15.4%) are getting smacked around a little bit off the development.
MoneyGram International, Inc. is a global payment services company, which offers global money transfers, bill payment solutions and money orders. The company operates through two business segments: Global Funds Transfer and Financial Paper Products. The Global Funds Transfer segment provides... More
Industry: Business Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR