What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Today, 9:40 AM
- With the aim of expanding its presence in managed long-term services and supports (MLTSS), Magellan Health (MGLN) acquires The Management Group, LLC, (TMG) a 30-year player in the space.
- TMG currently supports ~13K people in Wisconsin through the state's Include, Respect I Self-Direct (IRIS) program, which serves adults with physical and/or developmental disabilities and frail elderly.
- Financial terms are not disclosed but the deal includes an earnout based on winning future MLTSS contracts in other states.
Nov. 19, 2015, 3:01 PM
- Medical insurers and managed care providers are taking it on the chin today. UnitedHealth Group (UNH -5.5%) brought the rain with its softer earnings guidance as a result of weaker demand for individual insurance purchased through exchanges. It seems that the premium hikes, which the Affordable Care Act was supposed to curtail, are having their predictable effect.
- Previously: UnitedHealth Group down 6% on lowered guidance (Nov. 19)
- Related tickers: (AET -7.3%)(CI -5.7%)(HUM -4.2%)(CNC -9%)(ANTM -6.8%)(WCG -4.6%)(MGLN -4.4%)(HNT -5.2%)
Oct. 27, 2015, 6:31 AM
- Magellan Health Services (NASDAQ:MGLN): Q3 EPS of $0.76 beats by $0.27.
- Revenue of $1.19B (+28.9% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AHGP, AIXG, AKS, AME, AMTD, ARG, ARLP, AVX, AXE, BABA, BAX, BEAV, BMY, BP, BTU, CMCSA, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, ERJ, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, GLW, GPI, GRUB, HCA, HUN, ICLR, IIVI, IMGN, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, LPT, LRN, LXK, MAS, MDC, MDSO, MGLN, MMC, MNI, MRK, MSM, NCI, NVS, ONE, PCAR, PCH, PCRX, PFE, POL, POR, QSR, RAI, RDN, SAVE, SCHN, SEE, SIR, SPG, SPR, ST, SUI, TMUS, TREX, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WM, WSO, WYN, YNDX
Jul. 27, 2015, 7:21 AM
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN -2.1%) Q2 results: Revenues: $1,157.6M (+30.4%); COGS: $361.4M (+87.6%); Net Income: $4.6M (-8.0%); EPS: $0.17 (-5.6%); CF Ops: $112.7M (-17.8).
- 2015 Guidance: GAAP EPS: $1.69 - 2.28; Adjusted EPS: $3.45 - 3.90.
Jul. 27, 2015, 6:31 AM
- Magellan Health Services (NASDAQ:MGLN): Q2 EPS of $0.56 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $1.16B (+30.6% Y/Y) beats by $70M.
Jul. 26, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jun. 25, 2015, 10:26 AM| Jun. 25, 2015, 10:26 AM | 87 Comments
Jun. 4, 2015, 9:33 AM
- Magellan Health (MGLN -1.1%) will now operate as two primary business units: Magellan Healthcare and Magellan Rx Management. Effective July 1, NIA Magellan will be integrated into Healthcare.
- NIA Magellan CEO Tina Blasi will depart at the end of June. Magellan Healthcare will be led by CEO Sam Srivastava.
- Magellan Rx Management CEO Bob Field will retire at the end of this year. SVP and GM Mostafa Kamal will succeed him effective July 1.
May 22, 2015, 11:14 AM
- Major health insurers in some states are proposing rate increases of as much as 51% for plans sold under the federal health law, according to a WSJ analysis, setting the stage for an intense debate over the law’s impact.
- All the insurers cite high medical costs incurred by people newly enrolled under the Affordable Care Act, saying their proposed rates reflect the revenue they need to pay claims now that they have had time to analyze their experience with the law’s requirement that they offer the same rates to everyone regardless of medical history.
- Some insurers are trying to catch up with the impact of expensive drugs such as Sovaldi, foreseeing significant pent-up demand from the newly enrolled, says a fellow at the Society of Actuaries.
- Relevant tickers: IHF, HNT, UNH, MOH, CNC, UAM, AET, CI, HUM, HCA, WCG, GTS, EMCI, MGLN
Apr. 30, 2015, 6:32 AM
- Magellan Health Services (NASDAQ:MGLN): Q1 EPS of $0.28 misses by $0.11.
- Revenue of $980.97M (+1.5% Y/Y) misses by $39.03M.
Apr. 1, 2015, 4:25 PM
Mar. 18, 2015, 7:12 AM
- Magellan Health (NASDAQ:MGLN) acquires Troy, MI-based 4D Pharmacy Management Systems, a privately-held full-service pharmacy benefits manager serving managed care organizations, employers and government-sponsored benefit programs.
- The base purchase price is $55M in cash, with up to an additional $30M based on future milestones, including $10M for the achievement of certain growth targets in the underlying dual eligible membership served by 4D and up to $20M for the retention of certain business through 2018. The transaction should close in Q2.
- For 2015, 4D should generate ~$400M in revenue. It currently serves ~670K members. Magellan does not expect the transaction to materially impact its segment profit guidance.
- Magellan Chairman and CEO Barry M. Smith says, "4D will increase Magellan's PBM scale and provide the company with inroads in Medicare Pat D, managed Medicaid, dual eligibles and exchanges. With the capabilities that this acquisition brings, combined with our sales momentum, we are well positioned to exceed our long-term growth goal objective of $2.5B of pharmacy revenue by 2018."
Mar. 4, 2015, 12:11 PM
- Hospitals rally on comments from Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, often a swing vote in important cases. He says there is a powerful point to the Obama administration's argument that the Affordable Care Act would fall apart if the subsidies were ruled invalid.
- The Court is currently hearing arguments in the case King v. Burwell, which challenges federal subsidies in states that did not create their own health insurance exchanges. Its final decision will not be announced until June, though.
- Hospitals and health insurers have the most at stake. They have benefited greatly since the law was signed in 2010. To date, 11.4M Americans have signed up for coverage in 2015, giving both groups more paying customers and potentially cutting the number of non-paying emergency room visits. If the subsidies were ruled invalid then many people would drop coverage due to the higher cost.
- Related tickers: (HCA +6.2%)(THC +5.4%)(UHS +2.6%)(CYH +5.4%)(LPNT +3.3%)(SEM -0.9%)(SSY)(HUM +0.1%)(CI -0.4%)(CNC)(MOH +0.3%)(ANTM +0.5%)(UNH +0.3%)(MGLN +0.3%)(WCG +0.3%)
Feb. 26, 2015, 6:34 AM
- Magellan Health Services (NASDAQ:MGLN): Q4 EPS of $0.82 beats by $0.33.
- Revenue of $982.5M (-2.7% Y/Y) beats by $2.13M.
Feb. 25, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Other News & PR