What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Thu, Feb. 4, 7:46 AM
- Q4 adjusted net income from continuing operations of $284M up 8% Y/Y; per share of $1.04 up 9%. Full-year income of $1.244B up 16%; per share of $4.53 up 17%.
- Adjusted operating profit margin up 280 points to 38.7%, with this number being cut by 126 basis points thanks to deal-related amortization.
- 5M shares bought back during quarter, bringing 2015 buybacks to 10M shares. About 35M shares remain in the repurchase program.
- S&P Capital IP and SNL Q4 revenue of $405M up 27%. Excluding SNL results, organic revenue growth of 7%. Adjusted operating profit of $75M up 22%.
- S&P Ratings Services revenue of $578M fell 7% thanks to weak global bond issuance. Adjusted operating profit of $252M fell 3%.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices revenue of $151M up 7%. Adjusted operating profit of $69M up 9%.
- Adjusted unallocated expense of $35M fell 14%, in part thanks to the exit of the now former HQ in mid-town Manhattan.
- Company now expects about $100M of synergies from the SNL integration, with meaningful realization beginning this year. Full-year EPS guidance of $5.$5.15 as the company changes its non-GAAP reporting to adjust for deal-related amortization.
- Pending approval, MHFI will change its name to "S&P Global."
- Conference call at 8:30 ET
- Previously: McGraw-Hill Companies beats by $0.02, misses on revenue (Feb. 4)
Thu, Feb. 4, 7:32 AM
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABG, ABMD, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BR, BSX, BZH, CARB, CFX, CHTR, CI, CLX, CMI, CMS, COP, COTY, CRS, CS, CSL, CUB, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EQM, EQT, GLPI, GRUB, HIMX, ICE, IT, ITG, KELYA, LQDT, LVLT, MD, MHFI, MHO, MMC, MMP, MMS, MSCI, MSG, NAO, NYT, ODFL, OXY, PBH, PM, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, RDS.A, RFP, RL, RSTI, SBH, SNA, SPH, SQNS, STRA, TDC, TDY, TE, TPX, UTEK, VLP, VMC, WEC, XYL
Nov. 3, 2015, 9:49 AM
- McGraw-Hill Companies (MHFI +1.7%) reports subscription revenue grew 9% to $839M in Q3.
- Revenue break-up: S&P Ratings Services: $587M (-3%); S&P Capital IQ and SNL: $356M (+14%); S&P Dow Jones Indices: $156M (+9%); Commodities & Commercial Markets: $248M (+9%).
- Domestic revenue increased 12% to $810M.
- Adjusted operating margin rate grew 230 bps to 39.9%.
- The company expects FY2015 EPS of $4.45 to $4.50.
Nov. 3, 2015, 7:12 AM
- McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE:MHFI): Q3 EPS of $1.19 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $1.32B (+4.8% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ADM, AFSI, ALE, AMAG, AMSC, ANAC, ANIP, ARIA, AUDC, AXLL, AYR, BLMN, CBM, CDK, CEQP, CIE, CIT, DISCA, DNOW, EMR, EXPD, FI, FIS, FLWS, FSS, FTR, GCAP, GEL, GLDD, GLT, GTN, H, HCP, HRS, HTH, HW, HYH, IART, INCY, K, KMT, LPX, MBLY, MDCO, MHFI, MLM, MMP, MOS, NCLH, NGLS, NI, NMM, NNN, NRZ, NS, [[NTi]], NWN, NXST, NXTM, ODP, OZM, PERI, RDC, RHP, RRGB, SALE, SGNT, SMG, SRE, SSH, SUP, TASR, TGH, TRP, TWI, TZOO, UAM, UNT, VMC, VSH, WLK, WNR, WPC, WPG, ZTS
Jul. 27, 2015, 7:57 AM
- McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE:MHFI) reports revenue grew 6% if the impact of the currency swings is backed out.
- Revenue break-up: S&P Ratings Services: $658M (-1%); S&P Capital IQ: $324M (+6%); S&P Dow Jones Indices: $148M (+11%); Commodities & Commercial Markets: $234M (+7%).
- Domestic revenue increased 8% to $810M.
- Operating profit margin increased 370 bps to 50%.
- The company expects full-year EPS of $4.35 to $4.45.
- Q2 results
Jul. 27, 2015, 7:34 AM
- McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE:MHFI): Q2 EPS of $1.21 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $1.34B (+3.1% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
Apr. 28, 2015, 7:14 AM
- McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE:MHFI): Q1 EPS of $1.09 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $1.27B (+2.4% Y/Y) in-line.
Apr. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AET, AGCO, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMG, AUDC, AUO, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CAS, CBR, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DFRG, DORM, ECL, ENTG, ETR, F, FBC, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GAS, GLW, GPI, HMC, HSP, ICLR, IDXX, IIVI, IPGP, IPI, JBLU, JEC, LRN, LXK, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MRGE, MRK, NCI, NEO, NOV, OFC, OSK, PAG, PFE, PH, PHG, POR, SALT, SC, SIR, SIRI, ST, SVU, TMUS, TXT, UBSI, UPS, UTHR, VDSI, VLO, WAT, WDR, WHR, WWW, WYN, XRS, YNDX
Feb. 12, 2015, 7:15 AM
- McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE:MHFI): Q4 EPS of $0.95 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $1.29B (+6.6% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Feb. 11, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AAWW, AB, ACOR, ANR, APA, AVP, BG, BWA, CAB, CCE, COR, CPLA, CS, CVE, DBD, DPS, FAF, FLO, GNC, HE, HERO, HIMX, HSP, IFF, INCY, JAH, K, LMNS, LNCE, LPNT, MANU, MDWD, MFA, MFC, MHFI, MINI, MPEL, MPW, NCI, NLSN, NNN, NRP, NWE, PDS, PNK, Q, RDN, RTIX, RWLK, RYN, SCOR, SHPG, SKYW, SNI, SON, SPW, STC, THS, TIME, TU, VG, VNTV, WD, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Oct. 29, 2014, 9:44 AM
- Adjusted net income from continuing operations of $281M up 31% Y/Y; EPS of $1.02 up 32%.
- With the agreement to sell the Construction business, that units results have now been moved to discontinued operations. Accordingly, full year EPS guidance is cut to $3.78-$3.83 from $3.80-$3.90.
- Although no definitive settlement has been reached, McGraw Hill (MHFI +1.7%) takes a $60M charge over a regulatory investigation into ratings issued by S&P on six commercial real estate deals.
- Operations: S&P ratings services revenue of $604M up 12% Y/Y. Transaction revenue of $269M up 18%. Non-transaction revenue up 7%. S&P Capital IQ revenue of $311M up 6%. S&P Dow Jones Indices revenue of $143M up 15%. Commodities and Commercial Markets revenue of $227M up 7%.
- $607M of buybacks YTD; another 45.6M shares remain under authorization.
- Previously: McGraw-Hill Companies beats by $0.08, misses on revenue
Oct. 29, 2014, 7:17 AM
- McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE:MHFI): Q3 EPS of $1.02 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $1.26B (+9.6% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLY, AMED, ARW, AUO, AVX, BAH, BDC, CCJ, CFR, CKSW, CMC, COT, CTCM, DXYN, ETN, EVER, EXC, GHM, GRMN, GT, H, HES, HSY, IACI, ISSI, JLL, LFUS, MHFI, MRGE, MTH, NVMI, OMG, PAG, PB, PSX, PSXP, PX, RES, RL, ROL, RYAM, SEE, SKYW, SO, SODA, SPW, SPWR, STM, TEL, TFX, UAM, UBSI, VLY, WEC, WLP, WM, XRAY
Other News & PR