Eklund Research • 27 Comments
Wed, Nov. 2, 6:13 AM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:07 AM
Thu, Aug. 18, 7:28 AM
Thu, Aug. 18, 5:51 AM
Thu, May 19, 4:28 PM
- Health Canada approves AquaBounty's AquAdvantage Salmon for commercial sale in Canada. In addition, The Animal Feed Division of the Animal Health Directorate of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency has given its OK to use the aquaculture-produced fish in livestock feed.
- Fast growing AquAdvantage Salmon, Atlantic salmon with an integrated growth hormone from the Chinook species, are produced in land-based production systems and can be market-ready in only 18 months compared to three years for unmodified salmon.
- The FDA approved it in November 2015.
- The company is a majority-owned subsidiary of Intrexon (NYSE:XON).
- Previously: FDA clears first genetically engineered food (Nov. 19, 2015)
- Update: A ongoing court case in Canada could potentially be good news for AquaBounty. Marine Harvest (NYSE:MHG) and Oceans Canada were sued last year over the alleged transfer of piscine reovirus-infected salmon from hatcheries to sea pens. An adverse ruling could put AquaBounty's competitors' aquaculture licenses at risk. At a minimum, it will reinforce the perception of heightened risk of disease in farmed salmon via traditional pens, a risk AquaBounty claims to mitigate. A hearing is expected in October.
Wed, May 11, 12:23 PM
- Marine Harvest ASA (NYSE:MHG) declares NOK1.70/ADS quarterly dividend.
- Payable June 1; for shareholders of record May 23; ex-div May 19.
Wed, May 11, 1:47 AM
- Marine Harvest ASA (NYSE:MHG): Q1 Underlying EPS of €0.18
- Revenue of €809.5M (+10.1% Y/Y)
Fri, Mar. 4, 7:59 AM
- Seadrill (NYSE:SDRL) +15.3% premarket, extending yesterday's 14.5% surge after the company’s main owner, billionaire John Fredriksen, freed up $510M in cash, fueling speculation of a bailout.
- Earlier this week, Fredriksen sold a third of his shares in salmon farmer Marine Harvest (NYSE:MHG), prompting talk he could be getting ready to invest more in SDRL.
- Overnight, SDRL said it settled a total return swap agreement expiring yesterday with 4M common shares and entered into a new return swap agreement expiring June 3 with a reference point of NOK21.1611, or ~$2.48/share.
- Nordea's Janne Kvernland says SDRL’s upcoming funding plan likely will involve the issue of at least $1B in new equity, and 24% owner Fredriksen's participation will be key.
- SDRL shares surged yesterday alongside rival rig companies, likely accelerated by short-covering in a sector that is heavily shorted.
Wed, Feb. 17, 9:46 PM
- Marine Harvest ASA (NYSE:MHG) declares NOK1.40/ADS quarterly dividend.
- Payable March 9; for shareholders of record Feb. 29; ex-div Feb. 25.
Wed, Feb. 17, 9:27 AM
- Marine Harvest ASA (NYSE:MHG): Q4 EPS of NOK 1.27.
- Revenue of NOK 8.06B (+17.5% Y/Y).
- Operational EBIT NOK 837M (-19% Y/Y).
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:37 AM
- Marine Harvest ASA (NYSE:MHG): Q3 EBIT of NOK 720M vs. NOK 912M in 3Q14
- Revenue of NOK 6.9B
- Additionally, board declared dividend of NOK 1.4/share
Apr. 14, 2014, 9:29 AM
- Marine Harvest (MHG) +3.4% premarket after reporting Q1 operating results it says were the best in its eight-year history, following a larger than expected harvest and rising prices for salmon and other fish.
- MHG earned an operating profit of 1.08B Norwegian kroner ($181M) in the quarter, more than double 482M kroner in the year-ago period and beating analyst expectations; volume was lower, but strong pricing, due partly to constrained supply, lifted results.
- MHG is scheduled to report Q1 earnings April 30.
Jun. 5, 2013, 5:15 PM
Shipping magnate John Fredriksen expects the tanker market to remain depressed for at least two more years, but is more optimistic about the outlook for other arms of his shipping empire. The rig market looks strong for another three to five years, he says, which bodes well for Seadrill (SDRL), which has an aggressive growth strategy with 19 new rigs incoming.| Jun. 5, 2013, 5:15 PM | 2 Comments