Wed, Oct. 12, 2:13 PM
- Equity markets are blase about the release of the minutes from the Fed Open Market Committee, with stocks relatively unchanged. The Dow's up 0.1%, the S&P 500 up 0.2% and Nasdaq off by just 2 points.
- The 10-year Treasury yield is up 2.4 bps to 1.783%. TLT -0.1%; TBT +0.3%.
- SPDR Gold Trust ETF (NYSEARCA:GLD) has retaken a fractional gain, +0.1%. Comex gold is down 0.1% to 1,254.70.
- ETFs: VO, CRF, SCHX, VV, USA, MIDU, EZM, SCHM, IWR, ZF, FEX, JKD, EEH, MIDZ, FNX, EQL, JKG, CZA, IWL, FWDD, SYE, SBUS, ZLRG, JHMM, JHML, USSD, EQWM, HUSV, MDSS, USWD, SPY
Apr. 21, 2015, 11:37 AM
- In the case of eight of the leveraged funds, the share prices have gotten too cheap and reverse splits are necessary: BRZU, YANG, GASL, MIDZ, LBJ, RUSS, SOXS, TECS. The first three ETFs are slated for 1:10 reverse splits, and the last five 1:4.
- For the other 11 leveraged funds, the share prices have gotten too pricey: MIDU, INDL, CURE, RETL, SOXL, FAS, TECL, SPUU, MDLL, SMLL, SYTL. All are 4:1 splits, except SYTL which is 2:1.
- All will begin trading on a post-split basis on May 20.
May 16, 2014, 10:57 AM
- Barely in the green for the year at the moment, the S&P 500 could slide 10% between now and October, says the technician, but there's a stealth bear market already happening in the Nasdaq, S&P Mid-Cap, and Russell 2000, and when support breaks (less than another 2%), those indices could see 20-25% declines.
- The situation reminds him of 1994 when the Dow and S&P were in a trading range all year, but things were falling apart underneath the surface.
- Following the washout into October, though, Acampora sees a "very, very strong Q4."
- Nasdaq ETFs: QQQ, PSQ, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, QLD, QQEW, QQQE, QQXT, TNDQ
- Mid-cap ETFs: MDY, MVV, IJH, VO, EZM, MIDU, RWK, UMDD, IWR, SCHM, DIM, IVOO, MIDZ, MZZ, CZA, FNX, JKG, SMDD, XMLV, MYY, TRNM, EWRM, PXMC
- Russell 2000 ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, URTY, TWM, RWM, SRTY, VTWO, EWRS, TWOK, SMLV
Mar. 4, 2013, 8:53 AM
Direxion Shares sets splits - regular or reverse, as necessary - on 16 triple-leveraged ETFs to put each fund's price at "a level more attractive to investors following several months of rallying equities market(s)." Those affected: ERY, YANG, EDZ, TECS, NUGT, FAZ, TZA, MIDZ, FAS, RETL, EDC, SPXL, DRN, LBJ, TYD, TNA.| Mar. 4, 2013, 8:53 AM
Jun. 25, 2012, 8:22 AM
- In Your Portfolio: Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Market Cap ETFs