Tue, Sep. 20, 10:51 AM
Sat, Jul. 23, 1:18 PM
- The Japanese government and the European Commission are working together to connect their global positioning systems in a coordinated effort to clear a path for autonomous vehicles.
- By linking Japan's Quasi-Zenith Satellite System and EU's Galileo satellite network the margin of error of the combined system will be improved dramatically.
- The development could be positive for Japanese automakers (OTCPK:NSANY, TM, HMC, OTCPK:MZDAY, OTCPK:SZKMY, OTCPK:FUJHY, OTCPK:MMTOF) and suppliers such as Mitsubishi Electric (OTC:MIELF, OTCPK:MIELY), Hitachi (OTCPK:HTHIF) and NTT Data (OTC:NTTDF).
Thu, Apr. 28, 1:15 AM
- Mitsubishi Electric (OTC:MIELF): FY16 Revenue of ¥4.39B (+2% Y/Y).
Wed, Mar. 23, 8:53 AM
- Mitsubishi Electric Corp. ADR (OTCPK:MIELY) plans to pay a year-end dividend of ¥18/share, bringing total dividend to ¥27/share in FY16.
- The actual dividend will be declared at the Board meeting when financial results for fiscal 2016 are to be approved.
Mar. 12, 2015, 8:56 PM
- With the market open in Tokyo, the Nikkei index has passed 19,000 for the first time since the dot-com bust, to reach a new 15-year high, following on the U.S. market's strong day. The index is up 0.7% so far, to 19,130.
- Early top gainers included robotics firm Fanuc (OTCPK:FANUY), up 10.2% in local trade early, while Softbank (OTCPK:SFTBY) is up 0.5% and Fast Retailing (OTCPK:FRCOY) up 1.7%.
- Big exporters are benefiting from a weaker yen: Toshiba (OTCPK:TOSYY) up 0.3%; Toyota (NYSE:TM) up 0.3% in Tokyo trade.
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, FXY, YCS, DFJ, JYN, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, JPNL, YCL, DXJS, SCJ, JSC, ITF, JPP, HEWJ, FJP, QJPN, JPMV, DXJT, DXJH, DXJR, DXJC, DXJF
Sep. 23, 2012, 4:20 AM
Japanese state-backed investment fund Innovation Network is in talks with major manufacturers - reportedly including Toyota (TM) and Panasonic (PC) - about acquiring struggling chipmaker Renesas, which is the subject of a bid of over ¥100B ($1.3B) from KKR. The Japanese government fears that KKR would "cut off the less-profitable operations" that are important for Japanese end users.| Sep. 23, 2012, 4:20 AM | 1 Comment
Aug. 29, 2012, 2:39 AM
KKR (KKR) is reportedly in negotiations to invest about ¥100B ($1.3B) in Renesas (RNECY.PK) in a deal that would give the U.S. P-E firm a controlling stake in the unprofitable Japanese chipmaker, which is owned by NEC, Hitachi and Mitsubishi Electric. The speculation sent Renesas' shares surging 35% in Tokyo.| Aug. 29, 2012, 2:39 AM
May 28, 2012, 6:34 AM
Renesas (RNECY.PK) plunged 10.6% in Tokyo following reports that it intends to slash at least 12,000 jobs, sell loss-making operations, and raise ¥100 B ($1.26B) in fresh capital. Renesas said today that it would outsource the production of its high-end chips to Taiwan's TSMC, which may buy a Renesas fab.| May 28, 2012, 6:34 AM
Sep. 20, 2011, 8:45 PMJapanese stocks open mixed in early trading but quickly turn higher as yen strength eases. The Nikkei Average gains +0.1% to 8,730.14, with large-cap techs and exporters leading the way: Renesas Electronics (RNECY.PK +8.2%), Hitachi (HIT +1%), Canon (CAJ +1%), Mitsubishi Electric (MIELF.PK +1%). On the downside, Elpida (ELPDF.PK -3.1%) and Advantest (ATE -2%) both trade lower after J.P. Morgan cuts the shares to neutral. | Sep. 20, 2011, 8:45 PM