Mitek Systems Inc.NASDAQ
Mitek Systems: Gift Pullback Provides Entry Point
Avoid Mitek Systems Until After The April 19th Patent Review
Volte-Face Investments • 25 Comments
Volte-Face Investments • 25 Comments
Thu, Nov. 3, 8:36 AM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AFSI, AGIO, AGU, AKRX, AMAG, AMCX, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, ARCB, ARW, AVP, BCE, BDX, BLL, CCC, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CHTR, CI, CLDT, CNSL, COMM, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CYBR, DDD, DNR, DW, ECA, EFOI, ENB, ENOC, EVA, FCPT, FI, FIG, FMSA, GEL, GEO, GIL, GLOG, GOGO, H, HAR, HFC, HHS, HII, HMHC, HRC, HSC, IBP, ICPT, INSY, IPCC, IQNT, IRWD, IT, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LDOS, LFUS, LINC, LNG, LXP, MFA, MGA, MITK, MITL, MPEL, MPG, MPW, MSGN, NERV, NGS, NNN, NXTM, OGE, ONCE, ONDK, PBH, PDCE, PGTI, PNW, PRFT, PWR, RDUS, RFP, RGEN, ROLL, RWLK, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SPGI, SQBG, STFC, STOR, TDY, TGI, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TVPT, TWI, TX, UNT, USCR, VGR, VWR, WILN, WPC, WRLD, ZEUS
Thu, Jul. 28, 8:34 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Fri, Jun. 3, 1:05 PM
- Mitek (MITK +3.2%) is up moderately after reacting to a bearish column from TheStreetSweeper that led shares to fall 17% yesterday.
- TheStreetSweeper highlighted recent insider selling from ex-chairman John Thornton, chairman/CEO James DeBello, and others. It also declared Mitek's patent portfolio to be weak, called competition from facial/fingerprint-recognition tech developer Daon (has worked with USAA and MasterCard, among others) to be a major threat, argued IDChecker (acquired last year for $10.6M) is overrated and faces fierce competition, and criticized Mitek's executive compensation and valuation.
- Regarding insider selling, CFO Russell Clark says Thornton's sales were done for estate planning purposes, that DeBello's are part of a structured selling plan, and that his were done to help pay for his kids' college expenses. He insists Mitek has no remaining IP issues, and defended the strength of its patent portfolio (features 26 patents, along with others in the pipeline).
- Shares are still up 89% YTD. An FQ2 beat was delivered in late April.
Thu, Jun. 2, 3:00 PM
Thu, Jun. 2, 12:45 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 9:16 AM| Thu, Apr. 28, 9:16 AM
Thu, Apr. 28, 8:36 AM
- Mitek Systems (NASDAQ:MITK): FQ2 EPS of $0.07 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $8.52M (+50.3% Y/Y) beats by $1.14M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Mar. 23, 9:51 AM
- Stephen Ritter, formerly the SVP of engineering and research for A.I./deep learning startup Emotient (was acquired by Apple), has been named Mitek's (MITK +5.9%) CTO.
- He'll be responsible for "driving technological development" of Mitek's mobile capture and ID-verification offerings, as well as overseeing the Mitek Labs computer vision and scientific team. Before working at Emotient, Ritter was an engineering exec at security software vendors Websense and McAfee.
- The move comes shortly after CEO James DeBello was named chairman. A deal to provide Mitek's Mobile Fill ID-capture solution to an unnamed "leading lending platform" was announced yesterday.
Wed, Mar. 9, 9:53 AM
Tue, Mar. 1, 11:21 AM
- An unnamed top-5 U.S. bank is using Mitek's (MITK +9.3%) Mobile Deposit platform to enable batch check deposits via mobile devices.
- Mitek recently launched a multi-check mobile capture offering, hoping to win over banks looking to shift a greater portion of business check deposits to mobile apps. The company notes research firm Celent has estimated 32% of monthly teller transactions at the average branch office involve small business check deposits.
- On its FQ1 call (transcript), Mitek said it added 300 financial institutions to its licensee list during the quarter, raising the company's total count to 4,800.
Thu, Jan. 28, 8:32 AM
- Mitek Systems (NASDAQ:MITK): FQ1 EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $7.4M (+37.3% Y/Y) beats by $0.95M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Fri, Jan. 8, 10:50 AM
- Bernmark's Mark Schappel has launched on Mitek (NASDAQ:MITK) with a Buy rating and $6.50 target.
- The mobile check-deposit and ID-verification software firm is within $0.30 of a 52-week high of $5.37. Shares go for 5.1x a 2-analyst FY16 (ends Sep. '16) sales consensus of $32M.
- Two months ago: Mitek jumps on FQ4 beat, strong FY16 guidance