Mitel Networks Is Alive Again
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Fri, Jul. 8, 3:00 PM
Fri, Jul. 8, 12:45 PM
Fri, Jul. 8, 9:15 AM
Fri, Jul. 8, 7:41 AM
- Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM) announces that it terminated the company’s previously announced merger agreement with Mitel Networks (NASDAQ:MITL) after receiving a new offer from Siris Capital Group.
- A termination fee will be paid to Mitel today.
- The Siris merger is expected to close in Q3.
- PLCM +13.615% premarket to $12.35. MITL +24.1% to $7.47.
- Source: Press Release
Fri, Jul. 8, 7:12 AM
- Siris Capital Group announces that its affiliates have submitted an offer to acquire Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM) for $12.50 per share in a $2B all-cash transaction.
- The offer is subject to Polycom terminating its existing merger agreement with Mitel Networks Corporation (NASDAQ:MITL).
- Siris’ offer will remain in effect until no later than July 15.
- Shares of Mitel are under a trading halt.
- PLCM +8% premarket.
- Source: Press Release
Wed, Jun. 8, 7:40 AM
- Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM) +2.4% premarket after disclosing that it received a revised offer from a P-E firm to take it private at $12.25/share.
- PLCM says the unidentified buyer's proposal comprises $650M of equity financing and $950M of debt financing.
- In April, PLCM had agreed to be acquired by Mitel Networks (NASDAQ:MITL) for $1.96B in cash and stock; based on yesterday’s close, the deal values PLCM at $12/share, but it valued the company at $13.44/share when the deal was first announced.
Thu, May 5, 6:31 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Mon, Apr. 18, 6:23 PM
- Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM) says Betsy Atkins has resigned from the board to pursue other opportunities, including service on the board of Volvo.
- She's "highly supportive" of Polycom's recent agreement to be acquired by Mitel (NASDAQ:MITL), she says.
- Since the deal's announcement premarket Friday, Polycom moved up 8.8% before the regular session but actually closed down 2% that day, and fell another 1% today.
- Mitel, meanwhile, slid 9.6% Friday in the wake of the announcement, and fell another 0.7% today, and shares are down 1.3% after hours.
- Now read Mitel, Polycom: Don't Buy The Merger Yet »
Fri, Apr. 15, 9:13 AM
Fri, Apr. 15, 6:37 AM
- Mitel Networks (NASDAQ:MITL) has agreed to buy Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM), a provider of communications networks, software and other products, for approximately $1.96B.
- Under terms of the agreement, Polycom stockholders will be entitled to $3.12 in cash and 1.31 Mitel shares for each PLCM common stock they own.
- The combined company will be headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, and will maintain Polycom's strong global brand while operating under the Mitel name.
- PLCM +8.8% premarket
Wed, Mar. 16, 8:16 AM
- Mitel Networks (NASDAQ:MITL) is in talks to merge with Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM), in a deal that would combine the Canadian and American voice and telephony equipment providers.
- The talks remain fluid and the final structure is still being worked out, according to Reuters.
- Activist investor Elliott Management has been calling for the two firms to merge since October, when the hedge fund disclosed a 6.6% stake in Polycom and a 9.6% stake in Mitel.
Thu, Feb. 25, 6:31 AM
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACIW, AG, ALKS, AMCX, AMRN, AMWD, ANSS, APA, APLP, AROC, BBY, BUD, CCOI, CHS, CLDX, CM, CNSL, CORE, CPB, CPK, CRI, CVC, DPZ, EGRX, EME, EMES, ENOC, FCH, FCN, FIG, GLOG, GOGO, GTLS, GVA, HBM, HEES, HMHC, HTWR, INCR, IONS, IRDM, IRM, ITC, KERX, KOP, KSS, LKQ, MITL, NEWM, NPO, [[NTi]], NXST, PCRX, PDCO, PF, PGTI, PRIM, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RRD, RWLK, SAFM, SDRL, SEAS, SERV, SFM, SFUN, SHLD, SPAR, STWD, TD, TFX, TREE, TWI, UNT, UTHR, VAC, VC, VWR, W, WIN, WNR, WNRL, WPC, XCRA, ZBRA, ZEUS
Mon, Feb. 8, 2:37 PM
- Many tech stocks are seeing 6%+ losses as investors flee to safety yet again. The Nasdaq is down 3.4%, and the S&P 2.7%.
- As was the case on Friday following Tableau and LinkedIn's disappointing guidance, a slew of enterprise tech stocks are seeing big losses, with cloud software and security tech names well-represented on the casualty list.
- Also: Solar stocks are having another brutal day (TAN -6.7%) as energy stocks get routed amid fears Chesapeake Energy is close to bankruptcy. WTI crude oil is once more near $30/barrel.
- Enterprise software decliners: Adobe (ADBE -9.6%), Paylocity (PCTY -19.1%), Salesforce (CRM -9.9%), Workday (WDAY -12%), Guidewire (GWRE -12.5%), ServiceNow (NOW -11.5%), Zendesk (ZEN -13.8%), Paycom (PAYC -13.4%), Marin Software (MRIN -10.3%), Castlight (CSLT -8.4%), Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD -12.1%), Atlassian (TEAM -13.2%), inContact (SAAS -9.6%), and Bazaarvoice (BV -14.5%).
- Enterprise security decliners: Palo Alto Networks (PANW -12.2%), FireEye (FEYE -9.8%), CyberArk (CYBR -11.5%), Proofpoint (PFPT -12.7%), Qualys (QLYS -8.9%), Imperva (IMPV -9.7%), Rapid7 (RPD -9.4%), and Barracuda (CUDA -8.4%).
- Solar decliners: SunEdison (SUNE -11.3%), SunPower (SPWR -8.8%), JinkoSolar (JKS -7.6%), SolarEdge (SEDG -7.9%), Yingli (YGE -7.1%), TerraForm Power (TERP -10.7%), and TerraForm Global (GLBL -9.2%).
- Other major decliners: Micron (MU -9.1%), Western Digital (WDC -10.5%), Arista (ANET -10.9%), Universal Display (OLED -10.6%), Rackspace (RAX -11.3%), Fitbit (FIT -8.7%), Nimble Storage (NMBL -11.3%), Sierra Wireless (SWIR -9.9%), Rocket Fuel (FUEL -9.8%), Knowles (KN -9%), Mitel (MITL -8.9%), and Alarm.com (ALRM -8.9%).
- Previously covered: Yelp, Cognizant, Tableau, Globant, Ambarella, European tech stocks
Fri, Jan. 22, 12:44 PM
Mitel Networks Corp. is a global provider of business communications and collaboration software, services and solutions that address the needs of businesses of any size, from the smallest company to the largest enterprise. The company operates its business through two segments: Premise and... More
Industry: Communication Equipment
Other News & PR