Monro Muffler Brake, Inc.NASDAQ
Thu, Oct. 20, 7:31 AM
Wed, Oct. 19, 5:30 PM
Tue, Oct. 11, 9:33 AM
- The German Bundesrat has fired a warning shot across the automobile industry that is yet another indication that seismic changes could be coming down the road.
- In a vote intended to pressure the EU, the Bundesrat approved a measure to ban gas and diesel vehicles by 2030. The Bundesrat doesn't set policy across Europe, but is considered influential.
- Naturally, the fact that the push is coming from the home of Mercedes, BMW, and Volkswagen also adds a degree of intrigue to the news and the underlying electrification push out of the trio.
- Wall Street analysts with their 1-year price target mindset haven't weighed in on the development, but there's plenty of discussion on Seeking Alpha about the implications.
- Previously: Germany says nein to internal combustion engines (Oct. 10)
- Related auto parts stocks: ACW, ALSN, ALV, AXL, BWA, CAAS, CPS, DAN, DLPH, DORM, FDML, FENX, GNTX, JCI, LDL, LEA, LKQ, MBLY, MLR, MNRO, MOD, MPAA, MPG, MTOR, PLOW, SMP, SRI, STRT, SUP, STRT, TEN, THRM, TEN, TOWR, UFAB, VC, VOXX, WBC, ZX.
Fri, Aug. 26, 7:04 AM
- Susquehanna picks out some favorites from the auto retailer sector.
- The investment firm issues Positive ratings on Monro Muffler Brake (NASDAQ:MNRO), CarMax (NYSE:KMX), and Kar Auction (NYSE:KAR).
- It's a nice shot in the arm for the trio amid dramatic news in the automobile industry on self-driving car initiatives.
- Previously: Ford's self-driving car push could have major commercial implications (Aug. 16)
- Previously: Mobileye and Delphi Automotive confirm self-driving partnership (Aug. 23)
- Previously: World's first self-driving taxi service launches (Aug. 25)
Wed, Aug. 10, 7:40 AM
Thu, Jul. 28, 10:36 AM
- Monro Muffler (MNRO +0.6%) reports comparable-store sales fell 6.9% in FQ1.
- The comp dropped ~3% for tires, 6% for maintenance services, 7% for alignment, 13% for brakes; 15% for front end/shocks and 16% for exhaust.
- Gross profit rate declined 80 bps to 41.4% due to a sales mix shift toward lower margin tires and the impact of recent acquisitions.
- Operating margin rate decreased 100 bps to 13.2%.
- Store count +67 Y/Y to 1070.
- FQ2 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: -2% to -5%; Total sales: $245M to $255M; Diluted EPS: $0.53 to $0.58.
- FY2017 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: flat to -2%; Total sales: $1B to $1.03B; Diluted EPS: $2.05 to $2.20; Shares outstanding: 33.4M.
Thu, Jul. 28, 7:33 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM| Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM | 13 Comments
Thu, Jul. 14, 12:03 PM
Tue, Jun. 7, 3:56 PM
- The Manheim Used Vehicle Value Index rose 0.6% Y/Y and 1.4% M/M in May to help give a boost today to auto retailer stocks.
- The index rose for the first time on a year-over-year comparison since last December (per Bloomberg).
- Sandler O'Neill analyst Crispin Love calls the used car price reading "surprisingly strong" and says the firm will look for confirmation in other data.
- Related stocks: AutoNation (AN +2.5%), CarMax (KMX +2%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +1%), Penske Automotive (PAG +1.6%), AutoZone (AZO +0.6%), O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY +0.6%), Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO +0.8%).
Thu, May 19, 10:04 AM
- Monro Muffler (MNRO -10.3%) is down sharply after earnings disappoint.
- The company cited warm weather in the northern region and "choppiness" in the overall market as drags on sales.
- Guidance for the full year is for revenue of $980M to $1.01B VS. $954M consensus and EPS of $2.05 to $2.20 vs. $2.05 consensus.
- Shares of Monro Muffler are now lower than where they began the end after today's downward spin.
- Previously: Monro Muffler misses by $0.03, misses on revenue (May 19)
Thu, May 19, 9:18 AM
Thu, May 19, 7:42 AM
Wed, May 18, 5:30 PM
Sun, Apr. 24, 6:13 PM
- via Credit Suisse, in order of # of small-cap funds who own the stock. Following the stock is the number of funds who own it, and the change vs. previous quarter:
- IDTI - Integrated Device Tech 96 | 14
- MSCC - Microsemi 86 | 10
- MANH - Manhattan Associates 85 | 5
- CBM - Cambrex 80 | 4
- EEFT - Euronet Worldwide 80 | 8
- POR - Portland General Electric 79 | 0
- EME - Emcore 78 | 6
- LAD - Lithia Motors 78 | 6
- AMSG - Amsurg 78 | 0
- JCOM - J2 Global 77 | 4
- PFPT - Proofpoint 77 | 4
- AHS - AMN Healthcare 74 | 2
- EXPR - Express Inc. 74 | 3
- ICUI - ICU Medical 73 | 0
- LGND - Ligand Pharma 73 | 6
- PVTB - Privatebancorp 73 | -2
- PRXL - Parexel 72 | 5
- AEL - Americal Equity Investment Life 71 | 3
- TYL - Tyler Technologies 71 | 7
- CRZO - Carrizo Oil & Gas 69 | 3
- MENT - Mentor Graphics 69 | -9
- MNRO - Monro Muffler Brake 68 | 0
- WAL - Western Alliance Bancorp 68 | 8
- AEO - American Eagle Outfitters 67 | 0
- LOGM - Logmein 67 | -1
- OZRK - Bank of the Ozarks 67 | 5
- SHOO - Steven Madden 67 | -10
- STE - Steris 67 | 20
- WNC - Wabash National 67 | -1
- Credit Suisse recommends reducing exposure in small-cap "darlings" due to less opportunity for differentiation; historical underperformance; and outflows.