Wed, Feb. 25, 4:42 PM
Tue, Jan. 27, 8:20 AM
- Monro Muffler (NASDAQ:MNRO) reports comparable-store sales fell 1.8%.
- The comp increased ~10.0% for alignment and 2.0% for brakes.
- Gross profit rate increased 14 bps to 38.13%.
- Operating margin rate declined 61 bps to 11.82%.
- Q4 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: ~flat to +2%; Dilted EPS: $0.36 to $0.40.
- FY2015 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: ~flat to -0.5%; Total sales: $900M to $905M; Dilted EPS: $1.86 to $1.90; Shares outstanding: 32.8M.
Tue, Jan. 27, 7:32 AM
Tue, Jan. 20, 7:40 AM
Dec. 11, 2014, 9:30 AM
- Retail sales struck their biggest gain since March on broad strength.
- What's working: Strong growth was seen in auto parts (PBY, ORLY, AZO, AAP, MNRO) with the broad parts category showing year-over-year sale growth of over 8% in November. Sales were up 6.8% Y/Y for health and personal care stores (ULTA, SBH, CVS, WAG, RAD) during the month.
- What's not working: Department stores (DDS, M, SSI, BONT, SHLD, JCP, KSS, JWN) went backwards with sales off 1.1% from a year ago. No surprise, but sales at gas stations (CASY, KR, PTRY) also fell off from a year ago.
- Retail ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, IYK, FXD, IYC, FDIS, SCC, UCC, PMR, UGE, RCD, SZK.
Dec. 9, 2014, 11:16 AM
- A strong report from AutoZone on Q3 earnings is giving the auto parts sector a lift.
- Cold weather and lower gas prices are a good mix for the sector.
- Advance Auto Parts (AAP +0.9%), O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY +1.8%), and Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO +0.5%) are all outperforming market averages.
- Pep Boys (PBY -8.7%) is sitting out the rally after missing profit estimates with its Q3 report.
Dec. 5, 2014, 4:07 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 9:59 AM
- Auto supplier stocks outpace broad market averages in early action after Toyota issues a strong outlook for the fiscal year and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles keeps an aggressive stance on global production goals.
- Also factoring in are the reports this week on U.S. auto sales which showed strong demand for SUVs and trucks.
- Gainers: WABCO (NYSE:WBC) +3.0%, Meritor (NYSE:MTOR) +2.5%, Dana Holding (NYSE:DAN) +2.4%, Tenneco (NYSE:TEN) +2.1%, Monro Muffler Brake (NASDAQ:MNRO) +1.5%, Cooper-Standard Holdings (NYSE:CPS) +1.3%.
Oct. 23, 2014, 7:44 AM
Aug. 28, 2014, 7:28 AM| Comment!
Aug. 6, 2014, 8:44 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 7:43 AM
May. 22, 2014, 11:02 AM| Comment!
May. 22, 2014, 7:35 AM
Mar. 6, 2014, 9:15 AM
Feb. 6, 2014, 1:39 PM
- Shares of O'Reilly (ORLY +9.3%) are higher after the company surprises with its Q4 report to follow along with peer Advance Auto Parts (AAP +12.4%).
- The harsh winter weather appears to have created a pickup in demand at auto parts retailers and service centers.
- Sector movers: Pep Boys (PEP) +4.2%, AutoZone (AZO) +5.2%, U.S. Auto Parts (PRTS) +1.2%, LKQ Corporation (LKQ) +3.2%, Genuine Parts (GPC) +3.0%, Monro Muffler (MNRO) +2.7%, Lithia Motors (LAD) +3.8%, Sonic Automotive (SAH) +2.0%.
MNRO vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR