Mike the PhD
Mike the PhD
Yesterday, 10:36 AM
- Monro Muffler (MNRO +0.6%) reports comparable-store sales fell 6.9% in FQ1.
- The comp dropped ~3% for tires, 6% for maintenance services, 7% for alignment, 13% for brakes; 15% for front end/shocks and 16% for exhaust.
- Gross profit rate declined 80 bps to 41.4% due to a sales mix shift toward lower margin tires and the impact of recent acquisitions.
- Operating margin rate decreased 100 bps to 13.2%.
- Store count +67 Y/Y to 1070.
- FQ2 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: -2% to -5%; Total sales: $245M to $255M; Diluted EPS: $0.53 to $0.58.
- FY2017 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: flat to -2%; Total sales: $1B to $1.03B; Diluted EPS: $2.05 to $2.20; Shares outstanding: 33.4M.
Thu, Jul. 14, 12:03 PM
Tue, Jun. 7, 3:56 PM
- The Manheim Used Vehicle Value Index rose 0.6% Y/Y and 1.4% M/M in May to help give a boost today to auto retailer stocks.
- The index rose for the first time on a year-over-year comparison since last December (per Bloomberg).
- Sandler O'Neill analyst Crispin Love calls the used car price reading "surprisingly strong" and says the firm will look for confirmation in other data.
- Related stocks: AutoNation (AN +2.5%), CarMax (KMX +2%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +1%), Penske Automotive (PAG +1.6%), AutoZone (AZO +0.6%), O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY +0.6%), Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO +0.8%).
Thu, May 19, 10:04 AM
- Monro Muffler (MNRO -10.3%) is down sharply after earnings disappoint.
- The company cited warm weather in the northern region and "choppiness" in the overall market as drags on sales.
- Guidance for the full year is for revenue of $980M to $1.01B VS. $954M consensus and EPS of $2.05 to $2.20 vs. $2.05 consensus.
- Shares of Monro Muffler are now lower than where they began the end after today's downward spin.
- Previously: Monro Muffler misses by $0.03, misses on revenue (May 19)
Thu, May 19, 9:18 AM
May 21, 2015, 5:41 PM
May 21, 2015, 8:19 AM
- Monro Muffler (NASDAQ:MNRO) reports comparable-store sales fell 2.6% in FQ4.
- The comp increased ~5% for alignment.
- The comp decreased ~1% for tires, 3% for brakes, 4% for maintenance services and 5% for exhaust and front end/shocks.
- Gross profit rate increased 30 bps to 38.2%.
- Operating margin rate grew 19 bps to 10.72%.
- Store count +46 Y/Y to 999.
- FQ1 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: ~flat; Diluted EPS: $0.55 to $0.59.
- FY2016 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: +1% to +3%; Total sales: $935M to $955M; Diluted EPS: $2.00 to $2.20; Shares outstanding: 33.1M.
- MNRO -4.37% premarket.
Jan. 27, 2015, 8:20 AM
- Monro Muffler (NASDAQ:MNRO) reports comparable-store sales fell 1.8%.
- The comp increased ~10.0% for alignment and 2.0% for brakes.
- Gross profit rate increased 14 bps to 38.13%.
- Operating margin rate declined 61 bps to 11.82%.
- Q4 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: ~flat to +2%; Dilted EPS: $0.36 to $0.40.
- FY2015 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: ~flat to -0.5%; Total sales: $900M to $905M; Dilted EPS: $1.86 to $1.90; Shares outstanding: 32.8M.
- FQ3 results
Nov. 5, 2014, 9:59 AM
- Auto supplier stocks outpace broad market averages in early action after Toyota issues a strong outlook for the fiscal year and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles keeps an aggressive stance on global production goals.
- Also factoring in are the reports this week on U.S. auto sales which showed strong demand for SUVs and trucks.
- Gainers: WABCO (NYSE:WBC) +3.0%, Meritor (NYSE:MTOR) +2.5%, Dana Holding (NYSE:DAN) +2.4%, Tenneco (NYSE:TEN) +2.1%, Monro Muffler Brake (NASDAQ:MNRO) +1.5%, Cooper-Standard Holdings (NYSE:CPS) +1.3%.
May 22, 2014, 11:02 AM| May 22, 2014, 11:02 AM
Feb. 6, 2014, 1:39 PM
- Shares of O'Reilly (ORLY +9.3%) are higher after the company surprises with its Q4 report to follow along with peer Advance Auto Parts (AAP +12.4%).
- The harsh winter weather appears to have created a pickup in demand at auto parts retailers and service centers.
- Sector movers: Pep Boys (PEP) +4.2%, AutoZone (AZO) +5.2%, U.S. Auto Parts (PRTS) +1.2%, LKQ Corporation (LKQ) +3.2%, Genuine Parts (GPC) +3.0%, Monro Muffler (MNRO) +2.7%, Lithia Motors (LAD) +3.8%, Sonic Automotive (SAH) +2.0%.
May 22, 2013, 10:44 AM
Monro Muffler (MNRO +2.8%), which is in the midst of an impressive two-day, post-earnings rally (now at ~11%), gets a lift from a price target hike to $63 from $45 at Stifel Nicolaus which came away from a management presentation impressed: "Comp is running +3% quarter-to-date and is expected in the +2.5-4.5% range for the full year (well ahead of our -1% expectations), GM will run flat to slightly negative in the year ahead (a little lower than our model), and SG&A leverage will run in the 100-150 bp Y/Y range (ahead of our model)." Stifel also ups its FY14 and FY15 EPS estimates on expectations of a "leverage pop."| May 22, 2013, 10:44 AM
May 24, 2012, 7:40 AMMonro Muffler Brake (MNRO): FQ4 EPS of $0.33 misses by $0.02. Revenue of $171M (+13.9% Y/Y) misses by $6M. Shares -1.4% premarket. (PR) | May 24, 2012, 7:40 AM