Fri, Aug. 26, 7:04 AM
- Susquehanna picks out some favorites from the auto retailer sector.
- The investment firm issues Positive ratings on Monro Muffler Brake (NASDAQ:MNRO), CarMax (NYSE:KMX), and Kar Auction (NYSE:KAR).
- It's a nice shot in the arm for the trio amid dramatic news in the automobile industry on self-driving car initiatives.
- Previously: Ford's self-driving car push could have major commercial implications (Aug. 16)
- Previously: Mobileye and Delphi Automotive confirm self-driving partnership (Aug. 23)
- Previously: World's first self-driving taxi service launches (Aug. 25)
Wed, Aug. 10, 7:40 AM
Thu, Jul. 28, 10:36 AM
- Monro Muffler (MNRO +0.6%) reports comparable-store sales fell 6.9% in FQ1.
- The comp dropped ~3% for tires, 6% for maintenance services, 7% for alignment, 13% for brakes; 15% for front end/shocks and 16% for exhaust.
- Gross profit rate declined 80 bps to 41.4% due to a sales mix shift toward lower margin tires and the impact of recent acquisitions.
- Operating margin rate decreased 100 bps to 13.2%.
- Store count +67 Y/Y to 1070.
- FQ2 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: -2% to -5%; Total sales: $245M to $255M; Diluted EPS: $0.53 to $0.58.
- FY2017 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: flat to -2%; Total sales: $1B to $1.03B; Diluted EPS: $2.05 to $2.20; Shares outstanding: 33.4M.
Thu, Jul. 28, 7:33 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM| Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM | 13 Comments
Thu, Jul. 14, 12:03 PM
Tue, Jun. 7, 3:56 PM
- The Manheim Used Vehicle Value Index rose 0.6% Y/Y and 1.4% M/M in May to help give a boost today to auto retailer stocks.
- The index rose for the first time on a year-over-year comparison since last December (per Bloomberg).
- Sandler O'Neill analyst Crispin Love calls the used car price reading "surprisingly strong" and says the firm will look for confirmation in other data.
- Related stocks: AutoNation (AN +2.5%), CarMax (KMX +2%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +1%), Penske Automotive (PAG +1.6%), AutoZone (AZO +0.6%), O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY +0.6%), Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO +0.8%).
Thu, May 19, 10:04 AM
- Monro Muffler (MNRO -10.3%) is down sharply after earnings disappoint.
- The company cited warm weather in the northern region and "choppiness" in the overall market as drags on sales.
- Guidance for the full year is for revenue of $980M to $1.01B VS. $954M consensus and EPS of $2.05 to $2.20 vs. $2.05 consensus.
- Shares of Monro Muffler are now lower than where they began the end after today's downward spin.
- Previously: Monro Muffler misses by $0.03, misses on revenue (May 19)
Thu, May 19, 9:18 AM
Thu, May 19, 7:42 AM
Wed, May 18, 5:30 PM
Sun, Apr. 24, 6:13 PM
- via Credit Suisse, in order of # of small-cap funds who own the stock. Following the stock is the number of funds who own it, and the change vs. previous quarter:
- IDTI - Integrated Device Tech 96 | 14
- MSCC - Microsemi 86 | 10
- MANH - Manhattan Associates 85 | 5
- CBM - Cambrex 80 | 4
- EEFT - Euronet Worldwide 80 | 8
- POR - Portland General Electric 79 | 0
- EME - Emcore 78 | 6
- LAD - Lithia Motors 78 | 6
- AMSG - Amsurg 78 | 0
- JCOM - J2 Global 77 | 4
- PFPT - Proofpoint 77 | 4
- AHS - AMN Healthcare 74 | 2
- EXPR - Express Inc. 74 | 3
- ICUI - ICU Medical 73 | 0
- LGND - Ligand Pharma 73 | 6
- PVTB - Privatebancorp 73 | -2
- PRXL - Parexel 72 | 5
- AEL - Americal Equity Investment Life 71 | 3
- TYL - Tyler Technologies 71 | 7
- CRZO - Carrizo Oil & Gas 69 | 3
- MENT - Mentor Graphics 69 | -9
- MNRO - Monro Muffler Brake 68 | 0
- WAL - Western Alliance Bancorp 68 | 8
- AEO - American Eagle Outfitters 67 | 0
- LOGM - Logmein 67 | -1
- OZRK - Bank of the Ozarks 67 | 5
- SHOO - Steven Madden 67 | -10
- STE - Steris 67 | 20
- WNC - Wabash National 67 | -1
- Credit Suisse recommends reducing exposure in small-cap "darlings" due to less opportunity for differentiation; historical underperformance; and outflows.
Tue, Mar. 29, 7:36 AM
Mon, Mar. 14, 12:13 PM
- Nasdaq is making annual changes to its U.S. Broad Dividend Achievers Index, adding AFG, AMP, ATRI, BOBE, BOKF, CMI, CNP, CTWS, DAKT, GK, ISCA, MNRO, NHC, NWE, OKS, SRCE, STE, STON, SXT, THG, TLP, TMK, and TRV.
- To be dropped: ARG, COP, DRI, NC, STR, THFF, VSEC, WMB.
- The index is comprised of stocks with at least ten straight years of boosting annual dividend payments, and is tracked by the Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF (NYSEARCA:VIG).
- The changes become effective ahead of the open on March 21.
Mon, Feb. 22, 4:29 PM
- Monro Muffler (NASDAQ:MNRO) declares $0.15/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 0.9%
- Payable March 25; for shareholders of record March 15; ex-div March 11.